Bully

If you COULD ccw...?

I'm with Alec on this one - and not just because I'm a revolver guy. Not crazy about pistols made in the Phillipines and especially not crazy about 3" 1911's. Ask yourself why the big name 1911 builders usually don't offer a 3" gun.

I'm with Alec on this one - and not just because I'm a revolver guy. Not crazy about pistols made in the Phillipines and especially not crazy about 3" 1911's. Ask yourself why the big name 1911 builders usually don't offer a 3" gun.

For true, I've said it before - and now again, If CCW were allowed in NJ i'd be carrying my Ruger LCR. Lightweight, packs a punch, and can fit right in your pocket.

And as for RIA, I cant comment on how their quality control is exactly, but they arent known for being a super high quality firearm, sure- it'll probably go bang ( hopefully ) - I wouldnt trust my life to it.

If I could only pick two, it would be the SP101.

#1. It will run forever,

#2. It has a less propensity to jam

#3. You can fire it from a purse or inside a coat pocket.

#4. Ammo is cheaper

#5. Quality is better.

All that being said, I'm carrying my PX4 Compact in Philadelphia tonight.

A Glock 26 or a CZ Rami 9mm.

The 26 because of the tried and true reputation of the brand,reliability and number of rounds with an extension, ability to stand up to adverse conditions [heat and humidity].

The CZ Rami because it just pretty and I'm not one to disregard... Pretty.

I suppose part of the question should be: "Why do you ask?"

If you own both and are looking to carry, I would go with the SP101. If you have narrowed down your choices to these two, seriously consider looking at an LCR or Kel Tec PF9.

I originally carried a PX4 Storm Compact... but it was just too thick. It can be done, but I've noticed that my Kel Tec PF9 is thinner. And it seems like thin makes the biggest difference when carrying. The only reason I'm carrying my PX4 Tonight is that my PF9 has a broken assembly pin. Else, that's that's what I'd go with.

The Ruger is a good choice of your original two.

My Colt Officer's .45 eight shot (in Condition #1) already has a Mitch Rosen holster.......and the gun hasn't "burped" since I got it. Use it for BUG Matches: makes BIG holes!

I knew you'd say that.... "Judge Dredd"....

If it had to be one or the other, it would be the revolver. If I could pick it, it would be an HK USP compact or P2000.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Well, at home, I'm currently (open) carrying a Sig P226, and whenever I get my permits ( :ireful: ) I'll have a Sig P2022 that will likely become my primary carry gun around the house. I'll probably also be getting a P228 and P220 soon...ish....all of which I expect to carry at home. If I had the option of CCW in this state, I'd likely carry the P2022 or P228/P229 most of the time...the P220, P226, and 1911 might all enter the circulation as well...though I would also consider an FN Five-seveN if I ever get one. Honestly, I dunno how I'd feel about carrying a larger pistol concealed...but I'm fairly certain I'd like it better than the tiny pocket guns I have handled.

No idea what to tell you between your two choices, as I have not researched either...

Currently carry a Springfield XDSC40 or my XD 45 full size.

Currently purchasing a Springfield 1911 Compact V10 aluminum frame. After some mods, it will most likely be my go to carry.

Probably sell the SC after I got through a 1000 rds I just bought lol

Ruger SP 101-2.25"-.357/.38

-or-

Rock Island Armory Tactical compact-3"-.45acp

Which one? The Ruger , because I never heard of the other one , and plus Pizza Bob said SP01 lol

What would YOU choose and why?

I have the M&P 9 Shield to carry. It is thin and from all of the sub compacts I have tried it has the lowest recoil. When I get tense in a training course or in games, recoil management is the first thing to go. Though it is a work in progress on my part and I am making a conscious effort to improve it , the less I have to deal with in a SHTF situation the better. So when I cross the Border to the USA I will be wearing it in an IWB holster. Having tried a few BUGs thanks to a few good members here I can say the Nano was snappy for me as was a .380..the PPS was real nice but too long of a reach for my trigger finger even with the small backstrap. PX4 Storm SubC was nice ..but too fat to conceal.The Shield is JUUUST right lol

I carry it in the house when home alone with the kids. Would probably grab the shotgun if on the first floor and the dogs were dealing with an intruder..but if the dogs are in the yard and someone comes in the front window I don't entertain time to get anything out of any safe and the Shield is thin enough and light enough to tuck comfortably in a Remora even if I am wearing Pete's boxers or yoga pants around the house.

I just hope I never have to find out if it is a good carry gun for me :/

I currently carry a Sig RCS - 1911 platform, Officer's size alloy frame with a true commander (4.25") top-end in a Sparks VM II HS. Or, if clothing or weather dictate, a Ruger LCP in an Uncle George pocket holster.

Pizza Bob shared a pic of his Sig RCS...and it is frigging sweet.

I wound up getting the Sig P220 SAS Compact. My P229 / 40 is just to heavy for IWB. And if I'm in summer clothes, my LCP apex carry IWB. Around the house / yard / visiting my buddy in PA, P220 Compact @ 6 o'clock Old Faithful IWB. Acts as a lumbar support...kid you not.

357 out of 2.25" barrel is a handful. Wheelguns work no question about it.

Hmmm. If the RIA is bone stock, I would go with the Ruger. If I could do what I want with the RIA, customize it a bit and have quality mags, I would probably go with that. It all depends of which you are most comfortable shooting.

I carry (when I legally can) a Springfield EMP .40. I love that little gun. Probably 700 mixed rounds through it from 180-165 grain ball ammo and 165 grain critical defense and it has never once even hic-upped. And I can keep a 3 in. spread at 10 yards which isn't so bad for a 3 in gun.