JrzyGuy30

National Guard Denied in Brooklyn because of guns

http://nation.foxnews.com/bloomberg/2012/11/03/report-bloomberg-denied-national-guard-assistance-brooklyn-because-their-possession-guns

I am apalled.. after reading about people being scared to death of looters and lack of help and security, the truth surfaces.. how sick. :wacko:

Can't have any policeman with a fireman that has less than a 12-15lb trigger pull huh? Bloombergs gun agenda makes me want to puke. :mad:

What a bastard. He needs to go and never be elected to any office again- he's now ENDANGERING the people. In the good ol' west days, someone would probably remove him from office with several ounces of lead.

NYPD didn't want FBI snipers covering the Pope and a pissing match began. NYC EMS wanted to handle it. It is all about CONTROL and egos.

Imagine if they had Big Gulp sodas with them!

I really don't think people from jersey should be bagging on Bloomberg and NYC. That would be a lot like people from PA bagging on NJ or Christie. If you live there, it's OK. You don't, it's not.

I actually think that the crazier Bloomberg gets the more it helps NYC, NY, NJ, and the USA. Because those are the four things in this world I have a problem with, and a little shock therapy couldn't possibly hurt at this point. What do we have to lose?

I really don't think people from jersey should be bagging on Bloomberg and NYC. That would be a lot like people from PA bagging on NJ or Christie. If you live there, it's OK. You don't, it's not.

This is one of the more ridiculous things you have said.

Wojo is dead on. It is about control.

well for the sake of an argument >>>

NG is there to provide humanitarian relief. they have no arresting powers, and most of them are not trained in crowd control. also they are as bad or worse with handguns as nypd or any other firearms for that matter. I don't think governor wants them to patrol the streets. and looting is not widespread so nypd can handle it. so I don't see big positives coming out of that only big legal headache.

for good or for bad I think we should avoid having armed soldiers on our streets as much as possible.

Can you tell my why the words you quoted from me are ridiculous? I don't mind being ridiculous, I'm just missing the point.

Hmm maybe because you said it about the actions of a mayor who likes to stick his fingers in other peoples lives and laws all over the country? Be cause both states are part of the same county? Because we are entitled to our opinion about anyone anywhere in the world, never mind over the river ?

NYPD is the only one you want with guns?

How about the ARMED National Guard who patrol the Port Authority, Penn Station, and Grand Central every day? They carry pistols.

and that is a part of my question / argument >> what are NGs there for?

I always wondered what can they actually do? what kind of training they go through before getting deployed ? are they just a political move to show that governor is on top of things or does NYC really don't have enough officers? y can't they replace them with the state troopers ?

if they see me snatching somebody's bag, can they detaine me and what are the legal implications of the arrest of the citizen by the military ? or lets take the worst case scenario >>> NG shoots a civilian by mistake, who is in charge of the case ? who will do the investigation ? which court will charge him/her with crime?

don't get me wrong I'm not looking down at/ bashing NG or the army in general but they are not a police force and shouldn't be used as one.

I am NOT for a National Police force (we already have several). But in times like this the NG should be allowed to detain looters to PROTECT the unarmed.

What happens when the NYPD shoots the wrong people...it goes to the courts. Happens a few times every year.

What happens when the military / civilian contractors shoot the wrong people overseas? It goes to court.

What happens when thugs kill innocent civilians and there is no law enforcement around? THEY get away with it.

Not for nothing, a lot of our NG members have some serious combat time and are better trained then the rank and file NYPD cop in the use of deadly force.

What happened in Texas after Hurricane Ike hit? Nothing. Because they honor the old code of protecting your possessions and your neighborhood. It isn't just about being protecting yourself from certain death.

Hmm maybe because you said it about the actions of a mayor who likes to stick his fingers in other peoples lives and laws all over the country? Be cause both states are part of the same county? Because we are entitled to our opinion about anyone anywhere in the world, never mind over the river ?

Those were the words from me he quoted and I wanted clarification on? Not only did I not say anything remotely like that, I was asking him to clarify the what he quoted by me and responded to, which made no sense. You didn't clear that up.And, if you need clarification, I am not allowed to criticize Chris Christie in any way. Not even in the slightest way. Or even say something nice about him if it sounds like it might not be sincrere. So, so much for my "opinion about anyone anywhere in the world, never mind over the river." Or waving the flag over the same "county" {sic} Read what I said again now, make sense?No. Of course not.

Pick on my spelling why don't you while posting from my iPhone with no power, that always works to win arguments.

You wrote that what business is it of ours, and my point is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. If your job precludes you from expressing yours, then it was your choice to take that job, and at least for me, it wouldn't stop me.