jrfly3006

NRA getting a boost

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/12/19/nra-news-from-fncs-james-rosen/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnewsinsider%2Fgretawire+%28Gretawire%29

Apparently the NRA has been getting around 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy. Theyve also been getting increased contributions from people. All in all a good sign. Question here is what is the appropriate tact for them to take? Play nice and listen to proposals or draw line in sand. Looking foward to their big presser on Friday

They better hold their ground. The NRA is the organization that teaches and promotes firearm safety and responsibility. I know they will have to talk the talk, but they better walk the walk. If not handled properly this could turn out to be our Dunblane.

I also just made an additional donation. I have been really wavering on what I'm hoping them to do. Where I'm coming out: flexibility on improving background checks; zero flexibility on gun bans; maybe -- maybe, discussion of magazine capacity restrictions. I'm hoping for them to bring up concealed carry although of course not expecting an acknowledgement or compromise from the other side on that.

I am definitely signing up with GOA, especially after Mr. Pratt's performance in shutting down Piers Morgan on his show. I am just a bit shaky on the NRA though right now -- for some reason I have the sinking suspicion that they are going to cave or try to compromise with people who refuse to be compromised with (as exhibited in the fiscal cliff talks). I am going to wait until I hear what they have to say and their tone on Friday. It would be a shame if they go soft - all I want to see is them standing firm. I thought their Facebook posting yesterday was a good first step.

I've never been a member. Always heard they abandoned NJ. Just became a member yesterday. We need all the help we can get right now.

Same story here, I signed up yesterday. It's not a lot, but I do feel a certain pride in taking a real stance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've never been a member. Always heard they abandoned NJ. Just became a member yesterday. We need all the help we can get right now.

Glad to see this mark, I dropped some change in the pot as well.

I don't think they really abandoned NJ. They just used their resources elsewhere. By them helping elsewhere it helps strengthen our arguments here (recent victory in illinois). As far as guns vs. no guns, NJ is heavily no guns. time and money would have been wasted without gain. I've been a member since I was 12 or 13 and I would never think of not re-upping my membership.

http://gretawire.fox...%28Gretawire%29

Apparently the NRA has been getting around 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy. Theyve also been getting increased contributions from people. All in all a good sign. Question here is what is the appropriate tact for them to take? Play nice and listen to proposals or draw line in sand. Looking foward to their big presser on Friday

The day after the tragedy, I went to NRA-ILA and made a $50 donation. After dumping loads of money into the election, they're going to need all the money they can get.

Been a lifey for years and usually give 50-100 xtra per year. Any Gun-Owner Not a member is making a mistake, They are our only hope! I remember the posts from some forum members about obummer. And voting FOR him! This is the result.

I can't believe half you people were never NRA members wow!?!? And the fact that you are now cause your running scared is pathetic!

Not scared of anything. It just seems like an appropriate time to put your money where your mouth is. Hardly pathetic if you ask me..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can't believe half you people were never NRA members wow!?!? And the fact that you are now cause your running scared is pathetic!

Nothing wrong with supporting the NRA now, although the support should've been there the day ANYONE buys their first gun.