tony357

random gun control quotes from facebook friends..

Is this where we quote our friends? :lol:

Watching the news and seeing so many small caskets is absolutely absurd and sickening. No one in America needs automatic assault weapons besides law enforcement and the military. I believe 100% to bear arms for protection but you don't need that fire power.

Just saying.

It's not guns that I have a problem with, if you hunt and use a rifle or have a handgun to protect your home that is fine, your decision, your right. But there is no reason in the world that any civilian should be able to get their hands on assault rifles that "spray" bullets, you can't eat something that's been shot that many times and they are just unnecessary

I don't know, if the shooter yesterday didn't have the automatic weapon (if it was banned) he may not have been able to take so many lives at one time. There may have been some loss, but not to the extent that it was. I would support a ban on automatic assault rifles.

I have additional thoughts on what I'd like to say, I simply need time to compile a letter to my congressman and also to our President. There was a time when firearms were fun for me, I liked shooting and I felt a sense of power while carrying my weapon. I stopped feeling that way many years ago and finally had all my weapons destroyed. Since then and after many years of experience I simply concluded that guns are nothing but trouble, regardless of who has them. I'd like to see a national ban although, I don't see that ever happening.

This one here kinda irks me:

i say we need another hitler... and we must get rid of these crazy people with these mental illnesses

Minus that whole hitler comment I think we have the same friends.

We need another Hitler? Holy shit. Did you immediately reply to that asking him to remove himself from the gene pool?

Yeah I may unfriend for that

Minus that whole hitler comment I think we have the same friends.

SHE commented on another one of my friends pro-gun post. I'm not friends with her.

From a friend of a friend:

the declaration of independence calls for life liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the manner in which the NRA and its supporters have interpreted the 2nd amendment to the bill of rights of our constitution is directly in contradiction to our foundational philosophy...where are all of our constitutional lawyers?

WUT!?

The past few day my cousin and I have been having a civil discussion about firearms and gun control. I live guns of all types and while he's not keen on most guns he's not for complete disarming. Been a very good conversation and I think we've both learned from each other, and while we may not agree on some topics, we agree that guns are not the issue. Then here comes my Aunt with this comment:

"The solution here is banning ammo. Buy all the guns you want, but shoot blanks. The government has reduced the exposure to smoke( and rightly so) but the right to tear flesh is zealously guarded."

My reply:

"Sorry, but that comment is flippant and not even worth arguing against."

I'm supposed to go to her house for Christmas. That should be exciting.

The past few day my cousin and I have been having a civil discussion about firearms and gun control. I live guns of all types and while he's not keen on most guns he's not for complete disarming. Been a very good conversation and I think we've both learned from each other, and while we may not agree on some topics, we agree that guns are not the issue. Then here comes my Aunt with this comment:

"The solution here is banning ammo. Buy all the guns you want, but shoot blanks. The government has reduced the exposure to smoke( and rightly so) but the right to tear flesh is zealously guarded."

My reply:

"Sorry, but that comment is flippant and not even worth arguing against."

I'm supposed to go to her house for Christmas. That should be exciting.

Give her a box of blanks for Christmas.

I've kept the fools on my friends-list just to remind myself that there are people out there who are more ignorant than you can possibly imagine and it's dangerous to forget this fact. Surround yourself by like-minded people and you'll quickly forget that there are people who oppose you.

I've been seeing a lot of "no one should be able to own automatic weapons, that's insane" comments. People. Dumb. Brain. Hurts.

I found that a lot of people who no nothing about guns have been having some rather strong negative opinions towards guns recently. They truly need to be educated regarding their fuction and purpose plus ITS NOT THE GUNS ITS THE CRAZY PEOPLE! 99% of the time the guns are used illegally in crimes even with the recently school shooting.

I've kept the fools on my friends-list just to remind myself that there are people out there who are more ignorant than you can possibly imagine and it's dangerous to forget this fact. Surround yourself by like-minded people and you'll quickly forget that there are people who oppose you.

I've been seeing a lot of "no one should be able to own automatic weapons, that's insane" comments. People. Dumb. Brain. Hurts.

Trust me I won't forget but I also don't need the rise in blood pressure every time one of these dumb asses posts some drivel about gun control. Maybe this is where the idea for zombies comes from just repeating what is popular without thinking for themselves. I like what Jeff Cooper called them sheeple.