bry@n

Message received via pm asking for a straw purchase

J0n

Invited and this was my reply.

You need to have the proper documents in order to buy the shotgun. That means you need a FID and matching drivers license to complete the sale.

Doing so without the necessary paperwork, would result in a straw purchase and a felony being committed. I will not break the law for you or anybody else. Your more than welcome to purchase the gun after you've attained the legal documents needed for such a transfer

Thanks for your interest And happy new year.

good answer..

This ia what i receives today.

Hello i am interested in buying your mossberg 500 are you still accepting the 235$ for it and do i need an fid with me (i dont have one) im going to be moving to a cheaper area but the crimes higher so i need a little life insurance ya know what i mean and im going to be going to work so my grandfather whos going to be living with me will be home alone hes in a chair and 80 years old i hate to have to leave the poor guy home without something in case some crook breaks in its more for him than me and if your okay with this do you have any shells on hand i can buy from you also?????

I mean really? I will send the mods the info on this guy but jeez, I'm not sure what to think with this.

Without having yet read the rest of the thread, based on this guys message itself, I'd not be apt to sell him a firearm.

J0n

Invited and this was my reply.

You need to have the proper documents in order to buy the shotgun. That means you need a FID and matching drivers license to complete the sale.

Doing so without the necessary paperwork, would result in a straw purchase and a felony being committed. I will not break the law for you or anybody else. Your more than welcome to purchase the gun after you've attained the legal documents needed for such a transfer

Thanks for your interest And happy new year.

You're...Just sayin' lol.

What if the grandfather had all his paperwork and the guy was like "oh he's no good at computers so I'm looking for him" and the grandfather made the purchase? Seems just legit enough, but would probably still bite the seller in the ass later.

I'm sketchy on gun sales to and from anyone except an ffl, just for these reasons

Im not into the what ifs. This guy obviously was trolling.

In this environment, I suggest everyone be just a bit more skeptical than normal. Raise your alert level from white to yellow, even when we're inside our little community here. Keep your eyes and ears open, if you see something, say something.

Remember please how the 9/11 hijackers took airline flying lessons but were not interested in learning how to land. That type of thing should set off big alarm bells, just like this guy via PM or the guy at your local range asking questions and "where's a 'secret' place to shoot" and all that.

Yeah, my tinfoil hat is on, it's just not too tight.

In this environment, I suggest everyone be just a bit more skeptical than normal. Raise your alert level from white to yellow, even when we're inside our little community here. Keep your eyes and ears open, if you see something, say something.

Remember please how the 9/11 hijackers took airline flying lessons but were not interested in learning how to land. That type of thing should set off big alarm bells, just like this guy via PM or the guy at your local range asking questions and "where's a 'secret' place to shoot" and all that.

Yeah, my tinfoil hat is on, it's just not too tight.

Correct. Thats not tinfoil hat stuff. That is just plain suspicious no matter what the environment is.

What if the grandfather had all his paperwork and the guy was like "oh he's no good at computers so I'm looking for him" and the grandfather made the purchase? Seems just legit enough, but would probably still bite the seller in the ass later.

I'm sketchy on gun sales to and from anyone except an ffl, just for these reasons

Shady to the point that even if he did come back in 2 months and say he has his FID, I'm not sure I would even sell to him then.