mattio41

NY 7 Round Mags (Bill 2230) - Merged Threads

PA here. You guys better reign in Round Boy (aka Christie). We already know he isnt 2A friendly, now he's bending in the wind and going after the NRA:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/christie-nra-ad-obama-daughters-reprehensible-230123003--politics.html

If NJ Jabba is your idea of a conservative, start looking for/buying the non existant 7rd mags. First bear hugging OhBlowMe, now this.....

Also heard online from shot show that vendors are not likely to make 7rd mags for just one state, as that state will most likely lower the mag count in the not-so-distant future is a waste

Also heard online from shot show that vendors are not likely to make 7rd mags for just one state, as that state will most likely lower the mag count in the not-so-distant future is a waste

Good, that will make a challenge to this law based on Heller and McDonald more valid, if you can't get mags for 90% of the handguns made, it's a defacto gun ban.

I got a reply tweet from Maks the other day and he said that the Glock rep he spoke with told him that they will make 7 round mags.

I got a reply tweet from Maks the other day and he said that the Glock rep he spoke with told him that they will make 7 round mags.

Well, they did do the NY trigger, but surprised considering that the law is being rewritten to exempt LEO. Guess they didnt want to lose the NYPD contract.

Any looking to make 7rd AR mags, or the 1rd mag that CT just passed?

Just returned from Davis Sport Shop in NY. Fox News called while I was there. Had a conversation with one of the managers and I overhead some interesting things that haven't been considered yet.

Here is a store with inventory of magazines for a variety of rifles, many of them hold 7 rounds...308, 22lr, 9mm, 223, etc. What are they supposed to do with their inventory? Can they sell it to NJ residents but not NY?

What about people that have placed orders for firearms that are now banned? Some of these were custom builds, who foots the bill?

They are having conversations with their attorney, but it doesn't seem like answers or solutions are available. Dumb ass politicians once again making laws on emotion and opinions that make no sense and subject to all sorts of problems in the courts.

Well played you dumb POS Gov Cuomo.

??????

My apologies, a proposed bill they are trying to fast track in Connecticut:

http://www.thetrutha...-a-single-shot/

http://www.cga.ct.go...0122-R00-SB.htm

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:

<a name="P67_1013">To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

We should start mailing the gun manufacturers and tell them not to service any of the state of NY's firearms until these laws are repealed. Like what Barrett did in California.

There are vendors already doing that, although not the "Big" ones...lets be realistic, even if Glock, S&W and Sig joined in..all that would happen is that HK would swoop in and offer pricing to grab up those contracts.

As predicted...they are amending the law to allow active LEO's (duh, makes sense) and retired cops to have more rounds.

How is it that the retired guys are better than regular citizens?

What are they supposed to do with their inventory?

Not that I'm a fan of Dick's Sporting Goods, but I was told that they are shipping their NY inventory of semi-automatic rifles like the 10/22 to their Paramus store from their Rockland and Orange County stores today or tomorrow.

There are vendors already doing that, although not the "Big" ones...lets be realistic, even if Glock, S&W and Sig joined in..all that would happen is that HK would swoop in and offer pricing to grab up those contracts.

It's a start. And not just firearms, everything.

First guy asked about reviewing list of rejected elements of bill, second guy says he hadn't seen said list, first guy says OK, second guy says STFU about list, first guy says yeah, cause confiscation is one of the things on the list.

As in, original bill included confiscation of firearms.

https://www.facebook...134119446748862

This is the facebook post of Steve Mclaughlin seen in the video post. He has posted the list of rejected items on his FB page. That same list that the speaker asked not to share to "dampen the enthusiasm of compromise"

Again, this was rejected proposals to be incorporated into the SAFE act for NY. I would love to be able to name the contributors to each one of these legislators to see how lavish they live in the utopia they call home.

1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"

2. Confiscation o ten round clips

3. Statewide database for ALL Guns

4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public

5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”

6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazine.

7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines

8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month

9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners

10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years

11. State issued pistol permits

12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State

13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers

14. Mandatory locking of guns at home

15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons

The video for refreshment.

Background check on ammunition purchases starting Jan 2014?!? Did I read that right?? Wow!!!

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

There is an interesting discussion on THR forum about this aspect of the new law:

http://www.thehighro...ad.php?t=696124

"1) They require dealers to perform a NICS check before they sell ammo. But it is illegal under federal law to access NICS for anything other than a Handgun or Long Gun purchase. So the law requires that ammo dealers violate federal law." -- burk

"Accessing or using the NICS, or permitting access or use of NICS by another, for any unauthorized purpose is a violation of Federal law, sanctions for which included criminal prosecution; a civil fine not to exceed $10,000 and/or cancellation of NICS inquiry privileges.

If New York State is directing it's residents and businesses by law, to violate a Federal statute......" -- Old Fuff

"§ 25.6 Accessing records in the system. (a) FFLs may initiate a NICS background check only in connection with a proposed firearm transfer as required by the Brady Act. FFLs are strictly prohibited from initiating a NICS background check for any other purpose. (p. 58308)" -- Solo

There is an interesting discussion on THR forum about this aspect of the new law:

"1) They require dealers to perform a NICS check before they sell ammo. But it is illegal under federal law to access NICS for anything other than a Handgun or Long Gun purchase. So the law requires that ammo dealers violate federal law." -- burk

"Accessing or using the NICS, or permitting access or use of NICS by another, for any unauthorized purpose is a violation of Federal law, sanctions for which included criminal prosecution; a civil fine not to exceed $10,000 and/or cancellation of NICS inquiry privileges.

If New York State is directing it's residents and businesses by law, to violate a Federal statute......" -- Old Fuff

"§ 25.6 Accessing records in the system. (a) FFLs may initiate a NICS background check only in connection with a proposed firearm transfer as required by the Brady Act. FFLs are strictly prohibited from initiating a NICS background check for any other purpose. (p. 58308)" -- Solo

Oh my god, if that's true that's absolutely hilarious. Cuomo dun goofed.

Oh my god, if that's true that's absolutely hilarious. Cuomo dun goofed.

That's not hilarious, that means that no ammo can be sold in NYS. It's a Catch 22 - Can't sell ammo without a NICS check / Can't use NICS for anything other than firearms transactions. While it is probably an unintended consequence of a poorly written law that was rushed through the legislature - the tin-foil hat wearers among you may deem it more nefarious than that.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was talking to a dealer who also mentioned this, the question I have is, how then is the state of Kentucky able then to use NICS to do monthly checks of CCW holders?

I was talking to a dealer who also mentioned this, the question I have is, how then is the state of Kentucky able then to use NICS to do monthly checks of CCW holders?

I can't answer the question exactly but I believe in Kentucky you do not need to go thru a NICS when buying a firearm if you present your CCW card. A valid CW seems to bypass the NICS checks for firearm purchases. I believe this is also done less strictly in other states where the NICS is only run once at the time of CCW issue/renewal and you may purchase firearms without another NICS for the entire time that the CCW is valid. This needs cite(s)