Wojo

The list is out. So why is a 590 banned and not 500's, 870's?

The 18.5 inch 590A1 doesn't have a bayonet lug -- at least mine doesn't. It does come with an attachment for a sling mount that screws into the end of the magazine tube.

Maybe it's because it has that scary Parkerized finish instead of blue. Or she feels that the heavy barrel will allow it to be used as a club.

I'm baffled, so I'll fall back on my theory that this AWB was concocted by a bunch of 22 year old interns going through the "Shooter's Bible" late at night over cold pizza.

LOL you can't have a barrel shroud on a rifle? Now that is funny, the reason you couldn't have it on a pistol was they didn't wanting you supporting the pistol with your other hand but isn't that how you are supposed to shoot a rifle? All semi-auto rifles need to be held with one hand now? Too F-ing funny. What a bunch of ignorant, useless douchebags.

The 500, 590 and 590A1 are not listed as banned...

The banned shotguns are:

`(J) All of the following shotguns, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:

• i) Franchi LAW-12 and SPAS 12.
  • ii) All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following:
  • I) IZHMASH Saiga 12
  • II) IZHMASH Saiga 12S.
  • III) IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP-01.
  • IV) IZHMASH Saiga 12K.
  • (V) IZHMASH Saiga 12K-030.
  • (VI) IZHMASH Saiga 12K-040 Taktika.
  • iii) Streetsweeper.
  • iv) Striker 12.

So 1100s all the Benellis are good! LOL

Nick, the way I read it like how in NJ possessing a firearm outside your home is illegal except going to the range, hunting, etc.

I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn, but, I interrupt these various lists as what is exempted...or a list of what you can own.

I am hoping that the blanket statement of 'pump / slide' action is okay and anything with that action is ok. Honestly, I hate the entire mess, but just happen to notice the 590's missing. By their definitions, I think it is an oversight...but who knows.

We all know what this list is...one step closer towards a de'facto ban.

When you get into the Mossy section on the pump / slide action list, you see them name pretty specific families of shotguns, but the 590 series is missing.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c113:1:./temp/~c113GgP7md:e87177:

Again, what frigging idiots. You can have a Mini 14/30, but not an AR of any flavor.

Other then the mere ownership / possession of such...probably not. Or, if a crime was committed, these evil features had no bearing on the commission of said crime what so ever. Again, this has nothing to do with facts or reason, it is all about CONTROL.

FWIW - I like to ask the question to LEO's, "Has any criminal you caught with a gun, ever had it in a holster?" I don't think I have ever gotten a yes. The best answer was, "if they stole with the holster, they would probably just throw it out not knowing how to use it." Come on, many of these guys can't use a belt properly to hold their pants up, never mind having a pistol weighing down your pants.

I'm pretty sure the lack of exempting the 590 is not evidence that they're trying to ban it. Fortunately laws don't work that way. To be quite honest, there is no reason to have the exemption list other than to belittle and patronize gun owners. They specifically call out the definition and combination of features that would be banned, and then an extra list of specifically named firearms that would be banned. The bottom line is that if it doesn't fall under that, it's not banned.

Also, my 590a1 doesn't have a bayo lug either. I was under the impression that most don't.

Keep reading, there is a huge list of guns exempt by make/model. Only the 500's show up on that list and not the 590's. We're speculating as to why.

I think the exemption list is just a way to keep the fudds quiet by quickly proving their "right to keep and bear hunting guns" are not under attack.. I don't care about what they are exempting, I care about the list of guns and features they are banning. The "barrel shroud" being an evil feature on a rifle is a problem. Their logic came close to having some sensibility with a barrel shroud on a pistol but name one rifle (not just semi-autos) besides a Henry or an AR7 that does not have a "barrel shroud"?

So the AWB list is out and like NJ, what you can own is listed by exemption. I found it odd that a 590 / 590A / 590A1 are banned, but not 500's or any of the 870 SP's. What a bunch of phuck'tards.

Heat shield, Bayo mount probably..after all if it Looks "Military" it MUST be more dangerous

On FB the other day was a funny pic that I shared. It showed 2 pictures framed vertically. The top picture as a typical leather work / engineer / non glam cowboy type boot and listed some its features. On the bottom was a typical modern 'desert style combat boot' the kind with rubber sole, toe cap, cordura upper with some trim of some sort. Well this listed all the 'evil' features of this boot that could be crafted by our anti-second amendment types.

I laughed because I have been wearing 'jungle' boots since I was in middle school during the mid-70's. Now they have been replaced with desert boots. Light weight, breathable, ankle support and zippers are positives for me.

Here it is...Assaultboot_zps1d6c0dab.jpg

Its on the list because 500 is already a lot, so why would anyone need 590? That's like 90 more, almost a WHOLE 100 more, specially if you adjust for inflation.

Good post ....very funny, but somehow I want to cry.

On FB the other day was a funny pic that I shared. It showed 2 pictures framed vertically. The top picture as a typical leather work / engineer / non glam cowboy type boot and listed some its features. On the bottom was a typical modern 'desert style combat boot' the kind with rubber sole, toe cap, cordura upper with some trim of some sort. Well this listed all the 'evil' features of this boot that could be crafted by our anti-second amendment types.

I laughed because I have been wearing 'jungle' boots since I was in middle school during the mid-70's. Now they have been replaced with desert boots. Light weight, breathable, ankle support and zippers are positives for me.

Question about the top boot? Will is still be legal if I attach spurs to it? What if they only have 5 points and are pinned??? NJ boot laws are soooo confusing.

Love it! Totally stealing.