Beretta

Spending on Firearms - How Much is Too Much?

My FID was approved in early January and the list of spending (all new) is as follows:

Beretta Px4 9mm (for home defense)

Benelli Vinci 12ga (for clays and bird hunting)

M&P15 Sporter 5.56 NATO (for SHTF type of scenario)

M&P15-22LR (for general plinking and SHTF type of practicing at a fraction of the cost of ammo)

AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver (a pet project to help get me familiarize myself with the internals of an AR-15)

So at what point does the spending stop? :)

lol i ask myself that all the time.

I try to buy based on categories, and try to fill each. My issue now is that my Marlin .22 plinker never leaves the safe and someone made me an offer on it. So im actually considering ... 22s just dont do it for me anymore, even my wife gets bored with them now lol

I told myself after my last 3 pistol permits i need to chill out for a little while.

Got my AR finished last year, and got a drop in 22LR conversion for it just to save a few bucks at the range. Other than that, pistols and a shotgun i think im set for a little while. I just want to add a wheel gun and lever-action to the collection eventually...

lol i ask myself that all the time.

I try to buy based on categories, and try to fill each. My issue now is that my Marlin .22 plinker never leaves the safe and someone made me an offer on it. So im actually considering ... 22s just dont do it for me anymore, even my wife gets bored with them now lol

I told myself after my last 3 pistol permits i need to chill out for a little while.

Got my AR finished last year, and got a drop in 22LR conversion for it just to save a few bucks at the range. Other than that, pistols and a shotgun i think im set for a little while. I just want to add a wheel gun and lever-action to the collection eventually...

I left out that the M&P15-22 is also to get my two younger sons involved in shooting. I guess over the short term they will wind up using it more than me.

Yeah my marlin i was going to keep for my daughter to learn on... she is 5 now. But i guess she can learn on the AR w/ .22 conversion, why keep the marlin just to sit there collecting dust...

how old are your sons?

Seven and eleven. They use their Ruger air rifle now, but that is the extent of their shooting experience.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor. The spending never stops. First the guns then the ammo then the range membership then shooting glasses. It goes on and on. If you cant pay your bills and your quality of life is compromised b/c of buying gun related stuff then thats a problem. Just like too much of anything: gambling, drinking, etc.

Its a hobby to me; my wife feels I am obsessed. I am at times but I know when to back off. Its good to passionate about your hobbies or else why bother.

My FID was approved in early January and the list of spending (all new) is as follows:

Beretta Px4 9mm (for home defense)

Benelli Vinci 12ga (for clays and bird hunting)

M&P15 Sporter 5.56 NATO (for SHTF type of scenario)

M&P15-22LR (for general plinking and SHTF type of practicing at a fraction of the cost of ammo)

AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver (a pet project to help get me familiarize myself with the internals of an AR-15)

So at what point does the spending stop? :)

remove the AR lower, add in P229, 92FS, old shotgun, old 22 rifle, a CZ75 and a CX4 and we are in the same boat.

dunno yet....I have quit smoking, drinking and am on a diet, so my Gun, Ammo and reloading purchases are a healthy thing....

...now I have a tooth that needs some expensive endo work....but I am thinking about letting that old dog die in favor of a crate of mosins.......that might be too far..........might

I bought 36 guns in the last 3 years. Is that too much? Of course I do not keep them all as I trade and sell some off to buy new ones. However I am still paying off guns I no longer own and the value of my guns is not even close to what I owe. :) It is a sickness. I keep telling my wife that the next gun is my last and have been doing that for 5 years. I just bought 5 guns this month alone and told here that finished my collection and today I got an email telling me that one of the guns I was on a waiting list for has arrived and there are only 6 so first come, first serve. What do I do now?