matty

STATEHOUSE FEB 13TH - merged threads

If you check my other post, I've gone behind the scenes to other legislators today and had some frank discussions - some I really didn't care for but can respect the differing position given they gave me a moment of their time, and others were informative. Word has spread about the farce yesterday and Mainor's lack of decorum and the attempt to side-step the process (even if their minds were made up) given the unprecedented turnout and unprecedented number of Bills, and there are serious criticisms occuring within the legislature as a result. To quote one, "the turnout of was something to make real note of. Serious note of."

Keep fighting everyone!

Wow, I truly think he's progressively freaking out. He's incrementally updating his auto reply, becoming increasingly pleading. Here's what I got, a few minutes after emailing him. "at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention" Is he serious? Did he just admit to not paying attention at his own meeting? I'm really having trouble hating him. He's so desperately out of his league. And can't write standard English.

I have read your email and I thank you for contacting me. Let me start by saying I don't want to hurt anyone, and I do understand the passion that many citizens have towards this issue. I would be the first to admit that I don't look at gun ownership as you do, and it is important that I listen to you. I did try, but at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention. By responding that way, I may have missed the testimony that would have allowed me to see things differently. I want you to understand that I too am very passionate with my stand on guns, and I continue to reflect on the babies we lost in Connecticut. Since that incident, I tend to look one way, and I shouldn't. So I'm asking you to please give me a call and allow me to listen to your concerns and I can then explain my mind. All I ask is if we see that we can't agree, please let us end the conversation by agreeing not to agree. I'm asking you call my office, if I'm not there please leave your number and I'll return your call. 201-536-7851

Respectfully,

Asm. Charles Mainor

This statement should be exploited, He comes out and admits he wasnt paying attention? Christ man - that's your only job at this HEARING.... TO HEAR US!

Nail him to the wall. He should at least lose all of his votes.

I did a little research into Joe Cryan today. He is a Union County Undersheriff. If he is an active law enforcement officer and Undersheriff he can carry. If his job duties require him to carry he can conceal carry. If he is a retired LEO and an Undersheriff he can carry as retired LEO, but not on "official duty" for his Undersheriff duties as he has no arrest powers. I am going to find out what he is responsible for (i.e. Warrants? FIU? DVU? etc.) As an FYI, Undersheriff's are appointed positions. They are all political appointees. S.

I received an email response from Asm. Charles Mainor today also. As I work in Trenton, I am considering contacting him and would love to meet him at the State House and provide him with the quantitative facts about how gun control does not reduce crime.

I did a little research into Joe Cryan today. He is a Union County Undersheriff. If he is an active law enforcement officer and Undersheriff he can carry. If his job duties require him to carry he can conceal carry. If he is a retired LEO and an Undersheriff he can carry as retired LEO, but not on "official duty" for his Undersheriff duties as he has no arrest powers. I am going to find out what he is responsible for (i.e. Warrants? FIU? DVU? etc.) As an FYI, Undersheriff's are appointed positions. They are all political appointees. S.

Here you go: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48451-cryans-hypocrisy/page__fromsearch__1

An IRA supporter who was flabbergasted about the terror watch list.

lol no Anthony , it's a self proclaimed title on his own part, no a nick name on my part.

I understand, I have to be nice to him he give me a cigar for my efforts EVERY TIME I see him (I do not want to screw that up).

If you all rememeber Christie has said that he believes our current gun laws are strict enough. I have a strong feeling he'll veto any of this insanity coming his way.

Keep the faith.

Let us hope, I still feel these bills are being pushed through to put Sweeney and Christie on the spot.

If you search haggz51 on YouTube this person is uploading videos right now of a lot of the speakers and for people that could not be there like myself it is nice to put faces with voices.

Most excellent! I saw that cameraman several times, and I'm glad he was there on our side and hope more of the footage rolls out.

Perhaps a formal invite for a range day open to all legislators is in order for some much needed understanding on the issues. I for one an looking to see a 20 second magazine change. LOL

I will convey that suggestion to him tomorrow.....

He sent me a second reply:

"I have read your email and I thank you for contacting me. Let me start by saying I don't want to hurt anyone, and I do understand the passion that many citizens have towards this issue. I would be the first to admit that I don't look at gun ownership as you do, and it is important that I listen to you. I did try, but at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention. By responding that way, I may have missed the testimony that would have allowed me to see things differently. I want you to understand that I too am very passionate with my stand on guns, and I continue to reflect on the babies we lost in Connecticut. Since that incident, I tend to look one way, and I shouldn't. So I'm asking you to please give me a call and allow me to listen to your concerns and I can then explain my mind. All I ask is if we see that we can't agree, please let us end the conversation by agreeing not to agree. I'm asking you call my office, if I'm not there please leave your number and I'll return your call. 201-536-7851

Respectfully,

Asm. Charles Mainor"

I replied and said I will call him around 10am tomorrow, and to forgive me if I am shocked that he is the first rep to send me a non-canned response..............heh....but now I see it was a personally canned response...but I will call him anyway......I would feel like an asshole if I didnt.

I find it amusing at 2:39:30 when asked about what bill they were talking about assemblymen manior didnt even know.

it took them nearly 20 seconds to figure out what bill they were on

...yah, they are clearly paying attention.

and then at 2:40:14 mumbels to his secetary... " That's the one we talking about right? "

The crowd was disrespecting him? They disrespected the crowd first. It's not like they gave everyone their undivided attention. Sheesh... Guess they are blind to that the same way they are blind to the fact the laws won't work.

New to the forum - so hopefully this is appropriate...

Draft of my letter to the Ass Chair - which I'll cc the entire commitee and Gov. Haven't clicked send yet.. but finger is on the trigger so to speak.

Assm Mainor,

I"m writing today as a formerly apathetic citizen who used to be fairly content with the status quo. Never got involved in any hot button politics and frankly only came out to vote once every four years in presidential elections.

That all changed this Wednesday.

I came to Trenton because something just didn't smell right with jamming these 24 bills through a 3 hour 'hearing' which all seemed designed to relieve me of my freedom.

The way you ran that 'hearing' was an absolute travesty.

Can I ask WHY you even held it in the first place?

From the outset your intention to ignore the public was clear. 24 bills in 3 hours using the 'small' room. You really didn't care to 'hear' from the public at all - did you ???

Your mind was made up, and this 'hearing' was merely a tedious formality that needed to be dispensed with as quickly as possible.

So I assert - the way you set this entire 'hearing' up was a blatant and intense DISRESPECT of the both the public and your sworn duty.

Now I see email responses about why you chose to ignore the public coming out of your office saying:

I did try, but at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention. By responding that way, I may have missed the testimony that would have allowed me to see things differently.

Let's remember who disrespected who Sir !

- 24 bills in 3 hours is a disrespect!

- Telling the public every speaker gets two minutes - until the first pro-bill speaker took the stand and got over 4 and a half minutes is a disrespect!

- Setting up the meeting so the votes would take place before all the testimony was heard (from those that checked 'Opposed to All') is a GIANT disrespect!

You only have yourself and your conduct to thank for any 'disrepect' you may have felt in that room, and you set yourself up for that well before the 'hearing' even started !

You trampled the process from the beginning.

It is my feeling you violated the most fundamental spirit of a democratic government on so many levels that you are DUTY BOUND to RECALL EVERY ONE of these imperfect (as referred to by Assm Coleman-Wilson) bills and START OVER.

Now that the 'respect' rant is over - and hopefully you have not 'stopped paying attention' yet - let's look at why I feel these bills are FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED:

More than anything else - what struck me about these bills was there was not a single mention of CRIMINAL USE of weapons. All these bills target LAW ABIDING citizens.

Mention was made of 'gun alley' on the NJ Turnpike.

Do you really believe ANY of these bills will have the least effect on black market arms and ammunition dealers moving illegal product, into, out of and across our state?

- Will these people comply with your request to 'register ammunition sales'?

- Will they conduct background checks on their black market customers ??

- And will those black market customers renew their FID cards with photos on them ???

Before you proceed ANY FURTHER with these bills - you owe it to yourself and the public you serve to ask:

- How do any of these bills address CRIMINAL activity?

- How do any of these bills help the mentally ill get the HELP they need?

- How do any of these bills re-enforce the inalienable rights of individuals to enjoy and defend life and liberty? To pursue and obtain safety?

These bills are all about the REMOVAL of the rights of law abiding citizens.

These bills have missed the mark by such a wide margin - YOU MUST RECALL THEM.

You should never have had to have seen me sitting in YOUR hearing this Wednesday. I was the apathetic one. Just content enough to stay lazy.

You changed all that when you hijacked OUR Hearing. I'm a voting member of the public - and I've been awakened.

You can be sure I'll be voting in my local and state elections at every opportunity.

To paraphrase one of the exceedingly rare pro-bill supporters in the room Wednesday: all they need to do now is 'push the button' and I'll be right there facing you again !

I urge you to do the right thing. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake and need to start over. But that is exactly what you and the Public Safety Committee need to do.

RECALL THESE DEFECTIVE BILLS IMMEDIATELY!

Respectfully,

[name, city and phone]

I like it....!!!

New to the forum - so hopefully this is appropriate...

Draft of my letter to the Ass Chair - which I'll cc the entire commitee and Gov. Haven't clicked send yet.. but finger is on the trigger so to speak.

Assm Mainor,

I"m writing today as a formerly apathetic citizen who used to be fairly content with the status quo. Never got involved in any hot button politics and frankly only came out to vote once every four years in presidential elections.

That all changed this Wednesday.

I came to Trenton because something just didn't smell right with jamming these 24 bills through a 3 hour 'hearing' which all seemed designed to relieve me of my freedom.

The way you ran that 'hearing' was an absolute travesty.

Can I ask WHY you even held it in the first place?

From the outset your intention to ignore the public was clear. 24 bills in 3 hours using the 'small' room. You really didn't care to 'hear' from the public at all - did you ???

Your mind was made up, and this 'hearing' was merely a tedious formality that needed to be dispensed with as quickly as possible.

So I assert - the way you set this entire 'hearing' up was a blatant and intense DISRESPECT of the both the public and your sworn duty.

Now I see email responses about why you chose to ignore the public coming out of your office saying:

I did try, but at the meeting the crowd began to disrespect me and at that time I stopped paying attention. By responding that way, I may have missed the testimony that would have allowed me to see things differently.

Let's remember who disrespected who Sir !

- 24 bills in 3 hours is a disrespect!

- Telling the public every speaker gets two minutes - until the first pro-bill speaker took the stand and got over 4 and a half minutes is a disrespect!

- Setting up the meeting so the votes would take place before all the testimony was heard (from those that checked 'Opposed to All') is a GIANT disrespect!

You only have yourself and your conduct to thank for any 'disrepect' you may have felt in that room, and you set yourself up for that well before the 'hearing' even started !

You trampled the process from the beginning.

It is my feeling you violated the most fundamental spirit of a democratic government on so many levels that you are DUTY BOUND to RECALL EVERY ONE of these imperfect (as referred to by Assm Coleman-Wilson) bills and START OVER.

Now that the 'respect' rant is over - and hopefully you have not 'stopped paying attention' yet - let's look at why I feel these bills are FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED:

More than anything else - what struck me about these bills was there was not a single mention of CRIMINAL USE of weapons. All these bills target LAW ABIDING citizens.

Mention was made of 'gun alley' on the NJ Turnpike.

Do you really believe ANY of these bills will have the least effect on black market arms and ammunition dealers moving illegal product, into, out of and across our state?

- Will these people comply with your request to 'register ammunition sales'?

- Will they conduct background checks on their black market customers ??

- And will those black market customers renew their FID cards with photos on them ???

Before you proceed ANY FURTHER with these bills - you owe it to yourself and the public you serve to ask:

- How do any of these bills address CRIMINAL activity?

- How do any of these bills help the mentally ill get the HELP they need?

- How do any of these bills re-enforce the inalienable rights of individuals to enjoy and defend life and liberty? To pursue and obtain safety?

These bills are all about the REMOVAL of the rights of law abiding citizens.

These bills have missed the mark by such a wide margin - YOU MUST RECALL THEM.

You should never have had to have seen me sitting in YOUR hearing this Wednesday. I was the apathetic one. Just content enough to stay lazy.

You changed all that when you hijacked OUR Hearing. I'm a voting member of the public - and I've been awakened.

You can be sure I'll be voting in my local and state elections at every opportunity.

To paraphrase one of the exceedingly rare pro-bill supporters in the room Wednesday: all they need to do now is 'push the button' and I'll be right there facing you again !

I urge you to do the right thing. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake and need to start over. But that is exactly what you and the Public Safety Committee need to do.

RECALL THESE DEFECTIVE BILLS IMMEDIATELY!

Respectfully,

[name, city and phone]