Combat Auto

Latest from NRA on NJ votes

Everyone knows what they need to do....

Did 1329 change recently? I could have sworn they had it down at 5 rounds at one time - now it says 10.

New Jersey: Assembly Passes Over 20 Anti-Gun Bills

Yesterday, the New Jersey State Assembly passed over 20 pieces of anti-gun legislation that we previously reported on here. These bills now go to the state Senate and can be heard at any time, so please begin contacting your state Senator. We have been told that action on these bills is likely to happen in March or April, however, continue to follow NRA-ILA alerts for updates. When these bills do start to move in the Senate, New Jersey Second Amendment supporters will need to protest in record numbers against them.

Below are brief descriptions of the anti-gun bills passed in the Assembly yesterday:

Assembly Bill 588 (Spencer / Coutinho / Deignan) – Could prohibit possession of commonly owned ammunition.

Assembly Bill 1116 (Fuentes / Spencer) – Establishes 180-day prohibition on purchase of handgun for certain individuals who fail to report loss or theft of firearm.

Assembly Bill 1329 (Greenwald / Quijano / Coutinho) – Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to ten rounds.

Assembly Bill 1387 (Wilson / Johnson) – Permits municipalities to establish “weapons free zones” around schools and public facilities.

Assembly Bill 1613 (Bramnick / Johnson) – Establishes Educational Security Task Force.

Assembly Bill 3510 (Johnson / Vainieri Huttle) – Requires proof of firearms safety training as a condition for issuance of firearms purchaser identification cards and permits to purchase handguns.

Assembly Bill 3583 (Wilson) – Creates task force to explore areas to improve school safety.

Assembly Bill 3645 (Greenwald / Eustace / Mosquera) - Requires ammunition sales and transfers be conducted as face-to-face transactions.

Assembly Bill 3646 (Greenwald) - Establishes a regulatory system to govern the sale and transfer of ammunition.

Assembly Bill 3659 (Barnes, III / Johnson) -Revises definition of destructive device to include certain firearms of 50 caliber or greater.

Assembly Bill 3666 (Cryan / O’Donnell / Jasey)- Prohibits mail order, internet, telephone and any other anonymous method of ammunition sale or transfer in New Jersey.

Assembly Bill 3668 (Jasey / McKeon / Cryan) - Prohibits investment by state pension and annuity funds in companies manufacturing, importing and selling “assault firearms” for civilian use.

Assembly Bill 3687 (Stender / Fuentes) - Disqualifies persons named on federal Terrorist Watchlist from obtaining a state firearms identification card or permit to purchase handgun.

Assembly Bill 3717 (Lampitt / Singleton) - Requires submission of certain mental health records to National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

Assembly Bill 3748 (O’Donnell / Mainor / McKeon)– Criminalizes the private sale or transfer of firearms.

Assembly Bill 3750 (Cryan / O’Donnell / Quijano) - Establishes regulatory and reporting program for all ammunition sales.

Assembly Bill 3754 (Cryan / O’Donnell / Quijano) - Requires firearms seizure when mental health professional determines patient poses threat of harm to self or others.

Assembly Bill 3772 (Eustace / Wagner / Vanieri Huttle) - Requires that firearms purchaser identification cards display picture and mandates that firearms purchaser identification cards be renewed every five years.

Assembly Bill 3796 (Mainor) – Provides ninety-day window for persons to dispose of certain unlawfully possessed firearms.

Assembly Bill 3797 (Mainor) – Requires law enforcement to report certain firearms information to inter-jurisdictional electronic databases including the national Integrated Ballistics Identification Network.

Assembly Committee Resolution 180(Greenwald) – Urges President and Congress of United States to enact legislation enforcing stricter firearms control measures.

Assembly Bill R143 (Quijano / Cryan / O’Donnell)- Expresses support for Attorney General's gun “buyback” program.

Assembly Bill R144 (Oliver) – Urges Governor Christie’s Administration not to apply for annual exemption from requirements of federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008.

Contact information for your state legislators can be found by clickinghere.

There are two separate bills on magazine capacity. 10 and 5. 10 was voted this week. 5 has yet to be introduced into assembly. Now there's a third. Cryan's 1 feature bill reduces to 7.

Can't the guy at least come up with something original, instead of just slavishly copying Cuomo? I can only hope that his fate will be the same as Cuomo's.

You know, every time i read these i just get pissed of and want to know what the fugg its wrong with these people. Hire can they want to ban something that they have never even tried?

They have no qualms about stealing away your 2nd amendment rights. Stealing them away is even easier for them if they've never experienced using or owning a firearm. At that point, they figure that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to them, so it's not important that it's being taken away. They won't understand that notion until other rights are denied that do apply to them. Same with the liberal media and the sheepies that they feed their crap to.

My latest creation - I will send it snail mail this time - supposidly it makes a marginally better impact.

620 West Lacey Road

Forked River, New Jersey 08731

Phone: (609) 693-6700

Fax: (609) 693-2469

Dear Senator Connors,

I am writing to you with urgency because of the New Jersey Democratic-Party’s attempt to further deplete our right to bear arms and dishonor the second amendment in New Jersey.

As you know, we already have some of the most extensive gun-control laws in the country, which makes me very outraged that the State Assembly passed a host of frivolous gun control bills this week. I especially find the 10 round magazine limit (1329), and the attempt to ban internet purchases of ammunition (3645) most disturbing.

As you know, we already have a 15 round magazine limit in N.J. Reducing it another 5 rounds simply further diminishes a law-abiding citizens ability to protect themselves, and their family in the home. Evil doers and criminals may have many, many, rounds and several partners during a home invasion. 1329 accomplishes nothing besides giving criminals a further edge over law abiding citizens.

3645 calls for only face-to-face transactions for ammunition purchases. Again, this will not make the streets safer, and will make it harder for a law abiding citizen to purchase ammunition due to the dramatically reduced places to purchase and the increase cost of buying from a gun shops vs. the internet where completion between vendors is at its best. As a competitivesports enthusiast, during peak season, I may go through 1,000 rounds per month. It is unjust, and un-American to force law abiding citizens to by ammunition only from local shops face-to-face.

Neither of these bills will reduce crime and may actually increase it. The misguided efforts of the Democratic Party must be redirected at mental health management, and incarceration 1st time offenders of violent crime.

As a United States Navy Veteran, a responsible sports-shooting enthusiast, a well-educated engineer with two masters degrees working for a large N.J. company, I urge you from my heart to vote against these bills and the many other frivolous gun-control bills which the assembly passed this week. You are doing this for N.J., for our great nation, and for the many, many generations of Americans to come.

God Bless,

IMO.....I find it appauling that we vote these bastages into office and then have to plead with them to do the right thing or threaten them by votes.........just shameful.

Oh, nice letter by the way.

Yes we have to beg them not to diminish our constitutional rights - the world is upside-down and getting worse socially, politically, ethically.

Why are NO pro 2a bills being introduced?

Because we don't have Conservative Republicans in the State Assembly or Senate (except for a few like Michael Patrick Carrol), we have RINOs (Republican In Name Only). THAT'S WHY!

What our side needs is a real 2A advocate that will put it all on the line, and propose a crap-load of 2A support Bills, some of which could be molded after other States.

Don't hold yer breath!

Because we don't have Conservative Republicans in the State Assembly or Senate (except for a few like Michael Patrick Carrol), we have RINOs (Republican In Name Only). THAT'S WHY!

What our side needs is a real 2A advocate that will put it all on the line, and propose a crap-load of 2A support Bills, some of which could be molded after other States.

Don't hold yer breath!

Allison McHose. She needs to rile things up by proposing 2A bills. Problem is, they'll never make it to committee because of the DB Oliver.

if the mag capacity passes, what is going to happen with handguns that have more than 10 rounds? are they going to be gradfathered, or are we going to be told to get rid of them??? anyone know?
more than likely nothing will be grandfathered and you will have a 90 window to sell anything non compliant out of state,to an ffl or to turn it in

Nothing can become law in this state unless Christie wants it to become law in this state.

The Republicans in the NJ Assembly voted the way they did because Christie wanted them to vote the way they did. The most concerning bills received more than a veto-proof 27 "Nay" votes. (I'm not sure what happened on A3772, unless someone stepped out to use the bathroom, or didn't read Christie's memo.)

Cryan doesn't like Christie (and vice versa). It is personal. There is no chance of Christie signing 5 rounds, just because of the sponsor.

more than likely nothing will be grandfathered and you will have a 90 window to sell anything non compliant out of state,to an ffl or to turn it in

Wouldn't we have the opportunity to work with a 'smith to pin/limit existing mags? I know that may make them impossible to clean, thus disposable, but it would be better than turning in a firearm...

Wouldn't we have the opportunity to work with a 'smith to pin/limit existing mags? I know that may make them impossible to clean, thus disposable, but it would be better than turning in a firearm...

Bottom line is you have a time limit to become compliant by any means. Pinning is another way

Heres a list of authors:

Assemblywoman L. GRACE SPENCER District 29 (Essex)

Assemblyman ALBERT COUTINHO District 29 (Essex)

Assemblyman PATRICK J. DIEGNAN, JR. District 18 (Middlesex)

Assemblyman GILBERT "WHIP" L. WILSON District 5 (Camden and Gloucester)

Assemblywoman GABRIELA M. MOSQUERA District 4 (Camden and Gloucester)

Assemblyman PETER J. BARNES, III District 18 (Middlesex)

Assemblyman GORDON M. JOHNSON District 37 (Bergen)

Assemblywoman MILA M. JASEY District 27 (Essex and Morris)

Assemblyman TIMOTHY J. EUSTACE District 38 (Bergen and Passaic)

Assemblywoman CONNIE WAGNER District 38 (Bergen and Passaic)

Assemblyman LOUIS D. GREENWALD District 6 (Burlington and Camden)

Assemblywoman SHEILA Y. OLIVER District 34 (Essex and Passaic)

Assemblyman REED GUSCIORA District 15 (Hunterdon and Mercer)

Assemblyman ANGEL FUENTES District 5 (Camden and Gloucester)

Assemblywoman LINDA STENDER District 22 (Middlesex, Somerset and Union)

Assemblywoman ANNETTE QUIJANO District 20 (Union)

Assemblyman JOSEPH CRYAN District 20 (Union)

Assemblyman JASON O'DONNELL District 31 (Hudson)

Assemblyman CHARLES MAINOR District 31 (Hudson)

Assemblyman JOHN F. MCKEON District 27 (Essex and Morris)

Assemblyman JON M. BRAMNICK District 21 (Morris, Somerset and Union)

Assemblywoman VALERIE VAINIERI HUTTLE District 37 (Bergen)

RECALL RECALL RECALL

Co -Sponsors:

Assemblyman Coughlin,

Assemblywoman Watson Coleman

Assemblyman Gusciora

Assemblymen Fuentes, Caputo,

Assemblywoman Vainieri Huttle

Assemblymen McKeon, Gusciora, Albano,

Assemblywoman Oliver,

Assemblyman Burzichelli,

Assemblywoman Spencer,

Assemblyman Cryan

Assemblyman Eustace,

Assemblywoman Wagner

Assemblyman S.Connors

RECALL RECALL RECALL

I will happily become a felon. Come and take them. Try not to hit any of my family members in the ensuing melee.

So Joe, are you ready to start receiving a hundred thousand rounds of internet ammo and selling if face to face to all your co-shooters with no markup? Seems that LEO and other government officials are exempt from these assinine laws, why, no reason given nor ever will be. Just keep dividing the sides even more............... Just what is the NRA going to do to help us here? We already know, NOTHING! We are in this fight by ourselves, except for our local groups that I did join and I do support!

So Joe, are you ready to start receiving a hundred thousand rounds of internet ammo and selling if face to face to all your co-shooters with no markup? Seems that LEO and other government officials are exempt from these assinine laws, why, no reason given nor ever will be. Just keep dividing the sides even more............... Just what is the NRA going to do to help us here? We already know, NOTHING! We are in this fight by ourselves, except for our local groups that I did join and I do support!

No lawsuits can be filed until the laws are passed and someone can show they were "harmed" by the legislation. At least that last part applies to SCOTUS. Unfortunately, these asshats can pass unconstitutional laws all day long, but until someone is harmed by hit, SCOTUS won't take it up, don't know about lower courts.