Colt1911

How long do I soak my new kimber?

I'm pretty sure Bob Dunlap cleans all of his firearms in warm water(parts sprayed first with Simple Green). Mind you, they are COMPLETELY disassembled, air dried, and re-lubed.

Of course...I could be wrong :)

You are correct, I have been doing it this very way for years and even use the same mixture in my ultrasonic when

running parts through for a few cycles on hot.

Ok guys hope I'm posting this in the right section( I'm new here). I just bought a brand new Kimber ultra CDP 2 in .45 acp. After buying the gun,range bag, and some ammo I didn't have much money left so I decided to forgo buying a cleaning kit for $60.Anywho I took this little doll out for a test ride today and got her a little filthy running some cheap ammo through her. So since I didn't have a cleaning kit when I got home I placed it in the tub with hot water and a little bit of ammonia (mr. Clean if that matters). Now what I'm wondering is how long I should let it soak? It's been several hours and it still looks dirty. I was thinking maybe overnight but I didnt know if that would be too long. Thanks

wha_zps97d8fab7.jpg

But USNMARS, you didn't answer the OP's question, how long does he leave it for in the tub with mr clean? Hours?

Until Mr Clean gets a woody, duh!!!

But seriously, you can get firearm cleaning supplies pretty cheap at Walmart, and if u need help w how to, let me know.

If this is a legitimate new shooter...do we really want him/her to be anywhere near a firearm in the future? Seriously? We would essentially be schooling an idiot.

What did he do with the "clips" he didnt mention those!!

Because its funny..... and we all needed a laugh...

:jester:

....And the OP has given us a lot of that....again I say Bravo colt1911.

C'mon guys, let's not get sidetracked -- there's a lot of good advice here for gun cleaning.

Anybody know the process on how to get a nice shine like this on al polymer lower?

Sig-Sauer-Pro-Oven-Melted-1.jpg

Polymers are only top rack safe in the dishwasher. Please keep them out of the bottom rack. Make sure to use a quality rinse agent.

C'mon guys, let's not get sidetracked -- there's a lot of good advice here for gun cleaning.

Anybody know the process on how to get a nice shine like this on al polymer lower?

Sig-Sauer-Pro-Oven-Melted-1.jpg

Froglube should take care of that no problem. The stuff really works.