Barms

Woodland Park Range

So no one can shoot their AK after the shortage goes back to normal unless you buy brass ammo?

. Correct. Steel is bad for the entire range system in the long term. Better to use that at an outdoor range.

I have to observe that there seems to have been a clear "Gun For Hire" /Woodland Park Range effect in Northern NJ. GFH devotion to customer service seems to be catching on.   LGS's  that seemed indifferent  to customers are vying with each other for helpful, pleasant service.   I am amazed when I walk into some of the stores that only a year ago could care less (particularly if you were just looking)  and now  rush to be helpful and informative.  I think this is good for gun buyers, the LGS and the shooting sports in general.

I have to observe that there seems to have been a clear "Gun For Hire" /Woodland Park Range effect in Northern NJ. GFH devotion to customer service seems to be catching on.   LGS's  that seemed indifferent  to customers are vying with each other for helpful, pleasant service.   I am amazed when I walk into some of the stores that only a year ago could care less (particularly if you were just looking)  and now  rush to be helpful and informative.  I think this is good for gun buyers, the LGS and the shooting sports in general.

Competition has always been good for business and especially good for the consumer.

I was there the other night and their excellent customer service continues to impress me. One of the range officers saw that I was collecting my brass. She told me to let the ROs know that I am collecting brass so they can put me in a distant port so I can collect my brass easier. Also, once the ROs know I am saving brass they will seek my caliber and sweep it towards me.

At another gun range I was at the rule was : "Once it hits the ground it belongs to the range."

What a difference Woodland Park is from the other guys.

WP ROs sweep the brass like it's gold coated egg shells. Seems like reloading is the ultimate goal. This could be ultra-top secret.

They do ask that you "mark the brass" that you collect. I'm not so keen on painting my revolver cylinder chambers with marker, or feeding semi-auto into a sharpie covered feed ramp and chamber. Maybe on the breech face / case head is better? Not sure.

So I just collect the revolver rounds at GFH so far.

You think they are good at sweeping brass because they want it for themselves? I call that great customer service, pride in a new floor and facility, and all around classiness. Yes it's a range but it's not a basement. And i hate stepping on other peoples rounds

WP ROs sweep the brass like it's gold coated egg shells.  Seems like reloading is the ultimate goal.  This could be ultra-top secret. 

They do ask that you "mark the brass" that you collect.  I'm not so keen on painting my revolver cylinder chambers with marker, or feeding semi-auto into a sharpie covered feed ramp and chamber.  Maybe on the breech face / case head is better?  Not sure. 

So I just collect the revolver rounds at GFH so far.

You mark your brass so you know it's yours and so your not picking up your neighbors. Your neighbor may be saving brass too. What I do is put a line across the case head with a special color sharpie. Takes no time at all. It's very easy even a caveman can do it.

They do ask that you "mark the brass" that you collect.  I'm not so keen on painting my revolver cylinder chambers with marker, or feeding semi-auto into a sharpie covered feed ramp and chamber.  Maybe on the breech face / case head is better?  Not sure. 

Mark the head stamp - doesn't affect anything by doing so

Very nice list so far.

Rental listing is here - http://gunforhire.com/firearm-rentals/

No FFL yet and two typos on the bottom of the page.

Ant

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

This is just the start of rentals from my personal collection. The coming soon guns have all been ordered to fill in some holes and we will be adding many more firearms based on member requests and what is new and popular in the market. I love this stuff!

The selection is OUTSTANDING!  I like the upcoming 380 additions Sig PPK, and some HKs.  I think having rentals tailored for a "female HD firearm" is important.  Some guy is gonna hand his rookie girlfriend a Smith 500 (leave the quote, it's awesome).  I would suggest a Smith J airweight, maybe 637 or 638.  These are less expensive firearms, so they could payback quickly.

Also for a smaller caliber CCW IWB firearm, especially in the summer, I think you will find LEO rentals of these firearms to be popular for BUG / CCW.  I think that having an LEO carry approved rental fleet would result in a lot of rental business. 

I like the 625 and Vaquero, thanks for putting those in the mix.  

I have some J frames listed but the air weight is a bear to shoot and the frames do not hold up under a lot of shooting and that is why I held them back. And yes the quote is staying.

I like your style Anthony.  4 625's, very nice of you to "donate" some very high end firearms to the rental pool.  I think you need to sell me one of those 625's, you have too many      ;)

31 years of collecting I have been fortunate to never have to sell a firearm. Is that possible?????

Took the wife to GFH last night to shoot the new Beretta Inox fs92. She's a beauty (wife's not bad either). Continue to be impressed with Anthony's place. My wife is new to shooting and naturally nervous but Ant's great demeanor and comfortable establishment settled her nerves. We had a blast. Can't wait till the rentals are avail.

Took the wife to GFH last night to shoot the new Beretta Inox fs92. She's a beauty (wife's not bad either). Continue to be impressed with Anthony's place. My wife is new to shooting and naturally nervous but Ant's great demeanor and comfortable establishment settled her nerves. We had a blast. Can't wait till the rentals are avail.

Thank you very much. My dream was to have the unrange and it seems we are achieving it with members like you.

Ant

Thank you very much. My dream was to have the unrange and it seems we are achieving it with members like you.

Ant

Mr. Colandro,

Do the free rentals with the Silver Package apply to both the top-shelf and non-top-shelf guns?

I've been to the range twice so far and it the best range I've been to.  Actually, it's the only range I've been to. :)

Mr. Colandro,

Do the free rentals with the Silver Package apply to both the top-shelf and non-top-shelf guns?

I've been to the range twice so far and it the best range I've been to.  Actually, it's the only range I've been to. :)

THANK YOU!

Here is the policy from the site All Handguns / Top Shelf

– Member  $10 / $15

– Non Member $15 / $20

All Long Guns / Top Shelf

– Member  $15 / $20

– Non Member  $20 / $25

Ant