Jeff

Colorado Gun Control Measures Advance

They were also able to push through in-state tuition rates for illegal aliens. I doubt I will ever vote for a democrat again.

They are toast in that state.Next is to watch there tax rates rise to the point where working people flee to Utah then they start screwing with that state and so on.

Bloomberg-backed anti-gun lobbyist photographed enjoying "watermelon shoot" with an AR in Colorado last September:

http://freebeacon.co...ermelon-hunter/

One of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s top gun-control lobbyists in Colorado appears to enjoy firing the very guns he is working to restrict.

Denver-based Headwaters Strategies lobbyist Adam Eichberg participated at a “watermelon shoot” in September 2012 at the farm of Colorado state Sen. Greg Brophy (R.) where he fired a semi-automatic rifle with a high-capacity magazine.

A picture obtained by the Washington Free Beacon shows Eichberg smiling broadly as he shoulders a DPMS .308 rifle with a 20-round magazine.

“I really hate watermelons,” Eichberg said via email when asked for comment.

Bloomberg’s group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, hired Headwater Strategies in January to lobby for several gun-control bills under consideration by the Colorado legislature. Those bills would ban the future sale, transfer, or manufacture of so-called high-capacity magazines in the state. ...

Hope that was the last time he ever gets an invite to a shooting event.

At least there still are some Americans... I commend this Sheriff.

STANDING HIS GROUND:

Colo. Sheriff Says New Gun Laws Won't Be Enforced

Say it with me: Democrats are EVIL, if you vote for them, you are supporting gun CONFISCATION. I don't care if you are a Liberal, if you vote for Democrats & own guns, you are NOT with us. Please turn your guns and ammo in to the nearest police station. It's what you really want anyway.

Say it with me: Democrats are EVIL, if you vote for them, you are supporting gun CONFISCATION. I don't care if you are a Liberal, if you vote for Democrats & own guns, you are NOT with us. Please turn your guns and ammo in to the nearest police station. It's what you really want anyway.

Oh wow! Thank you for telling me what I actually wanted! I never knew until today. This is life changing. Thanks for letting me know I hate everyone here and that I have for some time now. What an epiphany!

I'll be sure to hand in all my guns and support anyone with a (D) next to their name because apparently I support total confiscation, because this is what you would have anyone who was on the edge about the issue do. Brilliant thinking! Let's screw the centrists! We didn't need them anyway.

Thank YOU!

S3VpN.gif

I believe you have been down this road before, and of late seem to be seeing the error of your ways. However, you have voted for Democrats in the past, and have been part of the problem that has brought this plague upon us. Unless you have been under a rock, Democrats in numerous state legislatres and in congress and the Sente are pushing thru laws to make criminals of lawful gun owners. This to me is unacceptable. I do not know, or care what you consider a centrist, and certainly WILL. NOT. COMPROMISE. AT. ALL. Maybe you can atone for this by not voting for them in the future, as you had said in another thread regarding your facebook front page, whatever that is. I will restate it for you, it seems you may be a bit dense, but if you are voting for Democrats, I repeat myself:

IF YOU VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS LOCALLY OR NATIONALLY YOU ARE VOTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS TO BE RESTRICTED, AND YOUR FIREARMS TO BE CONFISCATED, EVENTUALLY. PLEASE TURN IN YOUR GUNS AND AMMO AT THE NEAREST POLICE STATION. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE TO VOTE FOR A PARTY THAT IS IN NEARLY EVERY STATE LEGISLATURE AND NATIONALLY ATTEMPTING TO RESTRICT YOUR RIGHTS.

I'll be sure to hand in all my guns and support anyone with a (D) next to their name because apparently I support total confiscation, because this is what you would have anyone who was on the edge about the issue do. Brilliant thinking! Let's screw the centrists! We didn't need them anyway.

Thank YOU!

I think you're operating under the assumption that I am a one issue voter. I'm not. Republicans, while they may currently be correct on gun rights, have a long way to go in terms of expanding rights. I haven't forgotten the Patriot Act. I haven't forgotten about gay rights.

Do you know why they aren't very confident about an AWB at the Federal level? It's because there are Democrats who will likely vote against it because of the political pressure from their constituents back home in their largely red states.

This isn't about compromise. This is about expanding the support base for the cause. If you're going to blindly eradicate potential support for gun rights because you have no concept of tolerance, then you're committing political suicide.

Do you know what a liberal sees when they read posts from you or those like you? I'll tell you.They certainly don't see someone they want to identify with, and they become emboldened in their support for more gun regulation. This is about being reasonable and open. The gun rights movement has seen a big influx of women over the past decade, why not be willing to transcend politics and create a message that says "Hey! It doesn't matter what color, gender, sexual orientation, or political party you are. Everyone is welcome in the world of guns and we're happy to have you."

I'm not pro-gun because I like your type of attitude. I'm pro-gun because I was convinced otherwise in my desire to understand the issue better. I was formerly anti-gun because I was raised that way, but I can't say I'm totally sure I'd be pro-gun now if you were the person I was talking to.

Many people here claim that "the liberals can't be convinced" and I call BS. I'm active on a website called Reddit, which is largely left-leaning. The gun board there has over 100,00 members and there have been several occasions where liberals have come asking questions. Each and every time they left either pro-gun or more sympathetic. The way you approach the issue is not helpful in the slightest, because you are being exclusive, not inclusive.

I'm sorry that I'm getting angry, but it's not because I shouldn't be.

No, I am not operating under any assumption. You have stated in the past you are not a one issue voter, and that's fine with me. Vote however you like. that's America. I will still call out whoever votes for Democrats as voting for increased gun control, because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DEMOCRATS ARE ATTEMPTING TO DO. If you do not see that the Democratic party is the ones pushing this agenda, then you are willfully blind. No, it's not about expanding support for the cause, it's about not compromising and resisting, period. There cannot be any more 'compromise' on our rights. If you cannot see that, then you are truly lost. I will not change my mind or opinion to mayyyybeeee if we are niiiceeee enough some nebulous 'centrists' will suddenly make themselves heard as 2A supporters. I saw what happened in 1991 and 1994 first hand. Maybe you remember it? As far as some website being some sort of arbiter of what the public thinks, I suppose you give the interwebz way too much credit. It is useful and necessary to work the social media, but not the be-all end all. As far as being all inclusive in the firearms community, I believe no one (except Democrats) have ever said that women, gays, blacks, latinos, or whoever is not welcome to join in the fun. Even reformed Democrats. You are misunderstanding me still, I think. there is still hope for those that do not vote for Democrats anymore after the current attempted rape of gun rights, but they bear a large part in enabling that rape to (hopefully not) occur. I am not saying to vote for Republicans--far from it--but if you will continue to vote for Democrats because there are other issues you care about, then don't be surprised or shocked when you are ordered at some pint to register your guns, then at some point later, required to turn them in. IT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS.

I think you're operating under the assumption that I am a one issue voter. I'm not. Republicans, while they may currently be correct on gun rights, have a long way to go in terms of expanding rights. I haven't forgotten the Patriot Act. I haven't forgotten about gay rights.

Do you know why they aren't very confident about an AWB at the Federal level? It's because there are Democrats who will likely vote against it because of the political pressure from their constituents back home in their largely red states.

This isn't about compromise. This is about expanding the support base for the cause. If you're going to blindly eradicate potential support for gun rights because you have no concept of tolerance, then you're committing political suicide.

Do you know what a liberal sees when they read posts from you or those like you? I'll tell you.They certainly don't see someone they want to identify with, and they become emboldened in their support for more gun regulation. This is about being reasonable and open. The gun rights movement has seen a big influx of women over the past decade, why not be willing to transcend politics and create a message that says "Hey! It doesn't matter what color, gender, sexual orientation, or political party you are. Everyone is welcome in the world of guns and we're happy to have you."

I'm not pro-gun because I like your type of attitude. I'm pro-gun because I was convinced otherwise in my desire to understand the issue better. I was formerly anti-gun because I was raised that way, but I can't say I'm totally sure I'd be pro-gun now if you were the person I was talking to.

Many people here claim that "the liberals can't be convinced" and I call BS. I'm active on a website called Reddit, which is largely left-leaning. The gun board there has over 100,00 members and there have been several occasions where liberals have come asking questions. Each and every time they left either pro-gun or more sympathetic. The way you approach the issue is not helpful in the slightest, because you are being exclusive, not inclusive.

I'm sorry that I'm getting angry, but it's not because I shouldn't be.

Republicans sicken me and are largely paper elephants, too. Democrats in charge aren't' really Democrats, they are statists with an agenda and a bunch of other "ists", too. And the Republican leadership is more like the progressive Democrats of old. The Toad has a point, there is no point in alienating those that put mentally ill people in office, whether Republican or Democrat. We just need to expand (private) mental healthcare programs and give our officials and some of their supporters free access. Yes, we need to unite the American people.

I think we all need to understand why the more conservative, especially those constitutional conservatives, why they get angry and post things that might jiggle the nerves of the "centrists". I suppose many are frustrated because of their awareness of the utter folly, the abusive and one-sided government appendage media,and because of the personal attacks, especially from the Left that won't expound on its true agenda, but rather uses a united system of personal attacks to quiet those that disagree. Throw in the inability for the Left to compromise (conservatives always do... such as we are already down to 15-round magazines), and take into account the the daily loss of freedoms and a continuously hijacked Republican base and you can understand the frustration by these conservatives. And, the conservatives are daily barraged with hypocritical liberal-double talk and painting them as gun-toting, religious fascist zealots . Oh,and I didn't even mention the divisiveness put forth by the loving liberal base to split apart every element of our society and find a scapegoat if a rich conservative isn't around. Those poor white rich marginalized Christian males, and oh, yes, the evil wealthy that walk amongst us. And, with all of that, consider that the American economy and dollar (and our children's futures) are systematically being thrown to the bay of pigs, and well, you get a certain amount of frustration that has to come out somehow in a peaceful and conservative way.

I think the real issues are the continuous abuse of power and the lack of accountability to the people, the hidden agenda which the sheeple don't understand, and the continuous assault on the Constitution which would place limits on their (the government's) power. And. of course spending other people's money,

Yes, there could be a certain amount of anger directed at our largely one-party system of mentally ill individuals. Compassionately, though, we will most likely foot the bill for their treatment and attempt to educate them that personal property, personal accountability are important concepts, and that too much power ALWAYS corrupts (check out Cuomo and Bloomberg for example, or perhaps Holder and Obama). So, the next time you find yourself face to face with slightly miffed American Citizen (most are still conservative) give him or her a break and a little understanding. Even with all of the anger that the real centrists (right-leaning) could justifiably have, there seems to be more need for the Left to attend subsidized anger-management classes and find additional mental health care treatment.

Democrats and republicans: Two sides of the same coin called government control of the people.

+1

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts.These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” - Mitt Romney

Don't just look at the party affiliation, guys. I mean, come on, look at what Christie's been doing.. Shuffling his feet while the state legislature pooping on our rights.

Agreed Matt. I've said this same thing before, but you will get those on the other side who say "I'm not a single issue voter". Not unless the issue is gay marriage or abortion or more "free" cell phones, healthcare and other "stuff.

I'm pro choice, my best friend was gay and died of AIDS years ago. I believe in gay people having the same rights as others, but if more and more Progressive Statists are voted in, we will have less and less freedoms.

You can't argue with committed liberals. Their brains don't work the way ours do.

I don't think many believe in the 2A the way you and I do, I think they just like to shoot guns, but if they get taken away, that's ok because gays can marry, they can kill potential babies, moments before they are to be born and they will still get lots of "FREE STUFF" from the gov't they voted in.

Remember, it's not what they say, but what they do.

I like pie

Apple_pie.jpg

Cheesecake is best pie.

new-york-cheesecake-recipe.jpg

Also, quit arguing guys. It isn't the time for that BS. Dems and repubs both have their share of slimy bastards. All of us here enjoy and want to protect our gun rights, so please, chill out and start posting some cheesecake recipes. I need to advance my repertoire.

They're doing it:

“Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper [above] will sign gun control measures Wednesday that pose limits on ammunition magazines and expand background checks for firearms,” the AP reports. “A state government employee with knowledge of the situation confirmed the details to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement has not been made. The signings would be a victory for Democrats in the debate over gun control in this politically moderate state where gun ownership has been a treasured right.

Place your bets on where Magpul ends up...like we really needed any interruption in the production of pmags.

Magpul's response:

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens.

Remember you always need to look at the positive side of things. If our stupid government reduces us to 10 round mini-mags at least we will now have a market to sell our 15 round mags into :)

Read it and look what they are going for in CT. Tell me again, how could anyone vote for Democrats ever again, after they are flat out trying their best to take your rights away? If you have voted in the past for these types of people, wake up. If you still vote for Democrats going forward, you really need to move to NYC or some other Liberal nanay sate enclave and give up your guns and ammo if you have any

http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/lib/malloy/SHAC_Interim_Report_2013.03.18.pdf