jptsr1

RTSP today.

Finally got out to RTSP. Great experience from the time i walked in the door. Got there around 10:30 and saw a bunch of cars out front so I thought I might have to come back another time. Turns out there was some class going on. The counter staff were friendly and the wait was around a half hour. Didn't particularly care for some of the items in their range paperwork, but i imagine you need to do what you have to do in order to protect yourself if you choose to open a range in NJ. The picture thing was awkward but, whatever. The range was comfortable, well lit and ventilated. The equiptment was modern and in good repair. The range officer was OUTSTANDING. Only downside seemed to be the prices. Again im sure they have to do what they have to in order to keep the lights on. I shot my own stuff so it wasn't a huge issue for me. In any case I'll definitely be back.

I think the place is great, and a good value for what you are getting. Top notch facility and top notch people. Not sure what issue you have with them taking your picture, I find that a positive thing security wise. Heck where do you go in this day and age where you are not being filmed anyway?

I go there since it is so close to my home. It is a top-notch facility, but there is no denying that it is on the spendy side of the meter. $20/hour for a lane is a little high but I don't mind it. What annoys me is that they charge an extra $10 if you bring a friend to share the lane. That just seems over the top to me.

I'll keep going there, but not as frequently as I would if the ammo prices were more reasonable and I could share the lane with a friend for the same fee (as I can do at other ranges.)

Great place. The Range Officer and manger are tops. It does get pricey to rent, especially the ammo part, but it is a cheap way to test drive short of having a friend with what you want to try. You can save a few bucks by bringing your own targets.

Yea you are right, $20 / hr for the lane is expensive, but I was not considering that since I have a membership. I have been working very hard to maximize the value of that by going as often as I can. Want to get the membership cost per round shot down to one or two cents :)

$20 p/h is actually cheap compared to down here, better not let them see this

Bob's Little Sports Shop

Price per Hour: $25.00

Special pricing for hourly non-members (2 people in the same booth): $30.00

Hague's in West Deptford

button.gif $40.00 per hour for the lane rental

button.gif $30.00 per guest on a lane with a maximum of 2

button.gif $30.00 for the first handgun or longgun rental

As Howard notes, once one is a member there, each visit is viewed as reducing one's cost basis, rather than as an additional expense.

I have been a member since they opened, even though the range is nearly 40 minutes from me.

The owners are a good bunch of guys who love our sport, so I have supported them by spending money in their store, including gunsmithing and the purchase of a few firearms. But I have not bought ammo or targets from them, mainly because I am too frugal to pay $1.50 or so for a target when I can pick them up in quantity for 25 cents each. And their ammo is way overpriced, but at least it is still available.

My daughter and friends had a 3 hour field hockey clinic in the area so I "volunteered" to drive.

The wait was about an hour by it was a great experience.

Since I've never shot a pistol the range officer took his time to give me a lesson and help me along. Even checked in to offer help when he saw mistakes (mainly trigger pull) and showed me how to use bore snake when done. The new Kimber worked flawlessly BTW.

They had a great selection of pistols for sale as well.

I'd definitely go back, just wish they were closer.

Just a follow up (a year later). This place has gotten even better. They have upgraded their facilities and the difference is substantial. Its now on par with or better than the best places I have shot. The additions for members seem to be outstanding. Staff at the gun counters are still friendly and knowledgeable. If there was one knock on the visit it was the folks behind the counter to get out on the range. The place was relatively busy but they didn't seem to have any type of system for getting people in and out efficiently. Several people who came in after us got out on the range before we did and they didn't call our names until we went up and reminded them we were waiting. This happened to a couple of folks while we were there. Throwing in a "thank you" or a "have a nice day" wouldn't be bad either. A little customer service never hurts. Save for the little hiccup getting out on the range I had a great time. Its still a little pricey but you get what you pay for. I'll probably look into joining as I'm getting out there a little more often.   

Just a follow up (a year later). This place has gotten even better. They have upgraded their facilities and the difference is substantial. Its now on par with or better than the best places I have shot. The additions for members seem to be outstanding. Staff at the gun counters are still friendly and knowledgeable. If there was one knock on the visit it was the folks behind the counter to get out on the range. The place was relatively busy but they didn't seem to have any type of system for getting people in and out efficiently. Several people who came in after us got out on the range before we did and they didn't call our names until we went up and reminded them we were waiting. This happened to a couple of folks while we were there. Throwing in a "thank you" or a "have a nice day" wouldn't be bad either. A little customer service never hurts. Save for the little hiccup getting out on the range I had a great time. Its still a little pricey but you get what you pay for. I'll probably look into joining as I'm getting out there a little more often.   

It's possible that the people who went ahead of you were members. Members get priority over walk ins Monday thru Friday.

It's possible that the people who went ahead of you were members. Members get priority over walk ins Monday thru Friday.

If they were it seems like they would have used the members lane. We were definitely lost in the shuffle and weren't the only ones complaining of the same thing. In any case I think the place is awesome and I had a great time. Perhaps I just caught the counter on an off day. 

If they were it seems like they would have used the members lane. We were definitely lost in the shuffle and weren't the only ones complaining of the same thing. In any case I think the place is awesome and I had a great time. Perhaps I just caught the counter on an off day. 

There are a few factors they consider when trying to assign ports...There are also VIP's and sometimes classes going on on occasion...then also there are ppl shooting rifles vs people who aren't...only the one side(ports 1-9) is rated for rifle etc etc...if you ever feel the wait time is seeming rather unusual, feel free to speak up and just ask...like waiting for a table at a restaurant, no big deal to ask em how much longer for a table. I'm one of the RSO's...c'mon over and say hey...see ya there!

The only constructive feedback I have for this place is they need a few more sales folks working the counters.  Went on a Friday afternoon around 3:00 pm to purchase a Wilson Combat 1911 that I had been "eyeballing" and after waiting about 25 to 30 minutes in front of the counter of the "high end" 1911's with three sales people (helping customers), I decided to walk out.  They need more sales help for the volume of people coming into that store and/or some type of number system like Cheyenne uses at their sales counter so they know who is up on deck next.  That said, it's really nice place that is clean, well lit, good inventory and friendly employees.  

The only constructive feedback I have for this place is they need a few more sales folks working the counters. Went on a Friday afternoon around 3:00 pm to purchase a Wilson Combat 1911 that I had been "eyeballing" and after waiting about 25 to 30 minutes in front of the counter of the "high end" 1911's with three sales people (helping customers), I decided to walk out. They need more sales help for the volume of people coming into that store and/or some type of number system like Cheyenne uses at their sales counter so they know who is up on deck next. That said, it's really nice place that is clean, well lit, good inventory and friendly employees.

I do agree. Every time I go, have to wait 15+ minutes to be helped.