2ANJ

Optic Planet..first time and last time

Soooo, yesterday I order 2 flashlights from optic planet. Which WERE stated to be "In Stock". I received my email confirming my order moments after placing it. I just received another email today stating that my order will be shipped in 21-31 days. I call their customer service number, pressed about 35 numbers to speak to a person. He tells me that they have the 1 flashlight but not the other and that they will ship just one for me but I will need to pay another shipping cost of $6.95 or they can hold my order and "plan" on getting them back in stock around April 28th. Anyone else ever deal with this BS from them?

I wouldn't mind waiting. But having to pay two shipping charges is bogus.

The extra shipping is only if you opt to have one immediately...otherwise wait until the stock is replenished and there will be no additional charge. I know we all want it NOW...but anything I order online I already have the mind set that it will come when it comes... but that's just me and I'm a patient man.

The extra shipping is only if you opt to have one immediately...otherwise wait until the stock is replenished and there will be no additional charge. I know we all want it NOW...but anything I order online I already have the mind set that it will come when it comes... but that's just me and I'm a patient man.

I ordered something from Dillon. It came in 3 shipments. I was only charged shipping once.

I ordered something from Dillon. It came in 3 shipments. I was only charged shipping once.

...and that's an ideal circumstance but company's like OP and many others transship from several vendors and warehouses each demanding their own proprietary S&H, frequently waived when consolidated but in some cases still levied if the item needs immediate shipping.

well.... one is in stock. =) it is an system ordering issue. it happens, it sucks, but it happens

Opticsplanet is free shipping if over $100 i think. I have ordered in the past, and they are very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Duppie - I wouldnt mind the wait when i was told when ordering that 5-6 business days...then get an email telling u that it will now be 5x that...kind of a let down

I hear you but at times the vendor doesn't know the actual delivery date but at best an ETA. I once waited for 3 months for a discontinued and severely discounted Kershaw knife only to have it cancelled because of "unexpected customer demand and subsequent shortage". Shit happens.

Sucks to hear... but I'm hoping it's a isolated or rare incident.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. (My WileyX riding and shoot glasses and my TA31H. 3 separate orders) Didn't have a problem with a single order. In fact, got the ACOG faster than I expected, with a discount and a free Leatherman.

Give 'em another shot! :-)

I had good experiences with Optics Planet. First time I ordered through them was when I was still a probie going through Firefighter I. Ordered a Streamlight PolyTac LED HP and a helmet band. Cheap, and arrived just fine with no issues (still have the light to this day. Made me a big Streamlight fan). They almost always have a 5% off coupon floating around too.

I don't know if you've noticed, but their inventory is HUGE. Pretty much anything to do with light or seeing things. I wouldn't be surprised if in the sea of inventory, one or two things are labeled in stock when they ran out. Must be a challenge to keep track of all that stuff, even with modern electronic inventory management tools.

The trick with Optics Planet is to ALWAYS speak with a customer rep before ordering. As others have said they usually have a 5% or 10% coupon, and free shipping over $100 - so the pricing on most items is competitive. But again give them a call, or use their "Chat" to verify in-stock items and get realistic times to ship before ordering.

That being said, I've never waited longer then they told me.

...so you wait.....I can't seem to grasp the angst when something is not in our hands yesterday....if not sooner.

I ordered a pair of shooting gloves from there that were supposedly in stock. Then I ordered and they backordered. Era was 6-8 weeks. After 12 weeks I asked for an update. Was told another 2 weeks. 6 weeks later asked for an update. 2 weeks. 10 weeks later I asked for another update. They said 1 week. 10 weeks later I cancelled my order

Ill Order something and wait. But don't tell me 2 weeks multiple times if the answer is that you have no idea when they will come in

I ordered a pair of shooting gloves from there that were supposedly in stock. Then I ordered and they backordered. Era was 6-8 weeks. After 12 weeks I asked for an update. Was told another 2 weeks. 6 weeks later asked for an update. 2 weeks. 10 weeks later I asked for another update. They said 1 week. 10 weeks later I cancelled my order

Ill Order something and wait. But don't tell me 2 weeks multiple times if the answer is that you have no idea when they will come in

That is truly unacceptable but I venture not SOP. I do most of my durable shopping on line and after awhile you get a grasp of who has what and how long it takes to ship.I don't do business with LA Police gear,Midway,CTD,Luckygunner any longer just for this reason among others but when I need something immediately I buy locally.... the rest I wait,sometimes forget about it and am pleasantly surprised when it shows up at the door.

had an issue similar yo yours once.. . the solution was to CALL while placing the order and verify stock in real time.. they have had some pretty fair prices on stuff and it made ordering from them worth it..

They have had extreme problems with all forms of business practices for well over 10 years. It's amazing. These people sprung up shortly after the very beginning of the WWW to the masses and they haven't changed a damned thing. We had these same complaints in the late 90s or early 2000s at the latest.

Don't give me this "well their inventory has to update and there's this and that blah blah" bs excuses. Other companies that do the same amount of sales can do it. These people have been doing this for probably 15 years and they have never done anything to improve the way they do business.

This was THE company in 2000 (13 years ago) that taught me I might have to call to see if an item advertised in stock actually was. It was an M69/CompM2. It was the first time in my life I realized that not everything on the Internet is true ;) But, seriously, these guys were my first bad online purchasing experience. And, honestly, probably one out of five or less bad experiences.

Would I buy from them again? Yes. But I would treat them the same way I did 13 years ago.

I've bought many items from them with no issues and free shipping on "most items" is for purchases over $29.95

"Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $29.95 to the contiguous 48 states, DC and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses."

As others have mentioned, 5% off coupons and 10% off sales. They even let me use a $15 off $150 coupon on Night Force rings whereas they normally are not allowed to use coupons or discounts on Night Force stuff. Always been good to me.

I had a similar issue, ordered a SureFire Fury December 15th, website said it was in stock then got an email that it was back ordered. Didn't actually get it until January 5th. Wasn't happy but I wasn't really in a hurry to get it either, it was a good price and an impulse buy because of the price. I would think twice about dealing with them if it was something I needed quickly.