SickRick

Might be moving back to nj

First, if at all possible, stop in PA, forget NJ.

If you can't and insist on suffering with the rest of us, pin your stocks so they can't move, remove any flash hiders and pin/weld muzzle brakes. Shave bayonet lugs off and if you have any mags that hold more than 15 rounds, leave them behind or get them pinned before you come.

My condolences. I work for a NJ company but live in Florida. I just talked to my boss two days ago and worked out a deal to stay here four more years until I retire. I will be making less money but I do not care as long as I do not have to move back to NJ. I dislike NJ so much that I have not even visited to see my parents, friends and other family members in 3 years. My wife and I gave NJ the finger when we left and swore never to return. If anyone wants to see us they can move down here.

Turn to male prostitution if you have to but stay out of NJ for the love of god. They say New Yorkers are so depressed because they know that the light at the end of the tunnel is NJ.

do you know how much things have changed here? have you been reading the posts lately about FID backlogs of upto 6 months, P2P backlogs, NICS taking over 2 weeks. Are you sure you want to come back here?

You might be smoking the same stuff the liberals are, <-Just kidding

I've semi-joked about this in similar topics in the past, but I'm going to be completely serious right now: For the love of God or whatever other deity/spirit animal/spaghetti monster you may worship, DON'T DO IT.

Lol you guys are funny I really don't want to come back trust me but one the wife wants to and second it's for work, I am a police officer here in the Baltimore area and applied for a few jobs back home it would be a big raise only really waiting for a response from one town if they don't take me I'm going to stay.. The gun laws aren't the greatest here but at least I can have my 30 rd mags and don't have to go trough all the BS with permits ect.. I am a Designated collector here which mean I can buy as many guns that my wallet will allow in a 30 day period.. They are doing a ban here that's why I bought a few lowers but like anything else there will be loopholes.. Thanks for the help

Lol you guys are funny I really don't want to come back trust me but one the wife wants to and second it's for work, I am a police officer here in the Baltimore area and applied for a few jobs back home it would be a big raise only really waiting for a response from one town if they don't take me I'm going to stay.. The gun laws aren't the greatest here but at least I can have my 30 rd mags and don't have to go trough all the BS with permits ect.. I am a Designated collector here which mean I can buy as many guns that my wallet will allow in a 30 day period.. They are doing a ban here that's why I bought a few lowers but like anything else there will be loopholes.. Thanks for the help

Which department are you looking to transfer to?

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Might be moving back to nj from md after 4 year

First, if at all possible, stop in PA, forget NJ.

PA or even better, NC.

Turn to male prostitution if you have to but stay out of NJ for the love of god. They say New Yorkers are so depressed because they know that the light at the end of the tunnel is NJ.

New Jersey is just about the only state you need to pay a toll to leave in any direction. Most find it's well worth the expense.

Well I applied for sgt in Camden only to obtain my nj certification so I can apply to lyndhurst or a surrounding town ... I just read the page that explains the laws ARs are ban now????

I don't know what you read, exactly, but I believe the Colt AR-15 was one of the "named" banned "assault" weapons listed in the original 1990 law. Maybe that's what this is about? AFAIK, if it's not banned by name or by "evil" features, it's OK.

For now. No doubt the NJ Assembly would like to restrict things to the rifle Hawkeye carried in "The Last of the Mohicans".

(S&W and most modern sporting rifle manufacturers make state "compliant" versions.)

My brother is a cop in Anne Arundel County MD. Have you looked into those PD's yet? I can tell you that being a police office appears be getting less attractive in NJ every week from what I hear from my brother in law and a few friends that I have. My brother was a Jersey cop going back 12 years ago and he made more from day one in MD when he started 2 or 3 years ago.

Would that be the new Camden County police force? Very unpopular move with that fiasco here...

If there's any way you could steer clear of NJ, keep it an open option!!!

Even as a LEO, you will have to get rid of a number of things I can certainly guess to be in your collection. You will get some LEO exemptions here, but duty caliber is generally the exemption and everything else you'll follow the same fun the rest of us do.... If the new Bills do get signed in, some additional benefits to LEOs and burden to the rest of us.

Good luck with your move. I could see wanting to get out of Baltimore. I have projects in Baltimore and Camden City alike, and being unarmed in either is not comforting to me.

The gun laws aren't the greatest here but at least I can have my 30 rd mags...

i thought the mag cap was 20 in maryland.

EDIT: my mistake, you can OWN anything.. just can't buy it there LOL. must be very effective. looks like they are waiting on governors signature to make it 10 though.

seriously.. go to PA. DE has been on the cusp of having their own assault weapons ban, though its looking like it may not pass now.

Thanks everyone I like where I am it's just I have to please the wife also and at least attempt to apply lol Baltimore isn't so bad as it seems yea it's violent but not to police... And it is currently 20 round mags but u can go out of state and get anything u want and it'll be the same if it goes to 10 rounds and PA is so close no one really minds the drive to PA to get mags .. Thanks ill keep you guys posted on if the move will happen or not

I've been to Baltimore recently, if there are nice places there I did not see them! Not sure if you are looking to be a cop in Camden (the city) but if you are then you are out of your mind. Camden is truly the armpit of NJ.

I saw you applied in Lyndhurst. Are you or your wife originally from Lyndhurst?

I ask because I used to live there and my grandfather was a captain.