fatty

Armslist genius... asking for a backdoor firearm sale in NJ

I was just taking a cheap shot. I just find it ridiculous that we have ALL of these Gun Laws, yet no one who can enforce them is around to take note.. That is the real kick in the pants... and if this guy manages to get a gun and kill someone... they will demand more gun laws! sorry , rant off. I dont blame the unit, or the Staties in general, i blame the damn state and our legislators to dumb to realize what the real issue is..

Agreed. We will wind up paying for this guy one way or another.

You know, maybe someone should go to the press. As a law abiding gun owner that has to jump though hoops and deal with all of the bs gun laws here in NJ, you better friggin have someone available to report a crime to. One that we obey and follow to a t all the f ing time ourselves.

You know, maybe someone should go to the press. As a law abiding gun owner that has to jump though hoops and deal with all of the bs gun laws here in NJ, you better friggin have someone available to report a crime to. One that we obey and follow to a t all the f ing time ourselves.

With permission from the OP I will copy this thread to the local Philly, South Jersey press.

I understand and respect your wishes. Not my story to tell so I'll drop it after I say this.

This state prides itself on having some of the most strict gun control laws on the books and when the laws are blatantly trying to be bypassed and you attempt to inform them well........... like I said, It's your story and you determine the outcome.

Not a good idea.

Do you really think the press is going to look at this the way we do? They are going to spin this story into a 7 part series about how people are buying guns on the internet illegally and how "we" need to ban all internet gun sales.

First of all, at this point there is no crime. There is no conspiracy. What would you propose the police do? Assign a detective to follow this guy for weeks or months? What if he never buys a gun?

If you want to send me a pm with the email address, I can take a look if it is someone who might of register on the forum, for our own protection.

I am surprised to hear so many stories about Armslist though. wow.  

Shoulda went along with it and brought a cop with you to nab em.

I wonder, was this person really a bad guy/prohibited, a trap, or someone who just does not know any better.

I do think, if someone is smart enough to use google to find your listing online, would be smart enough to google gun laws.

Id rather not do that. I have a lot of respect for my local PD...

REALLY???

You called them in a time of need, trying to prevent a crime and they blew you off. 

did you talk to the state or Local?

Id rather not do that. I have a lot of respect for my local PD...

It was local.

Maks ill PM you with the guys email address in a minute.

I doubt ignorance was the case here and I also dont expect my local PD to drop what they're doing to catch something that technically didn't happen.

Let him come to buy from me. If he really is trying to circumvent the system as a prohibited person I will personally lock him up. If he is just ignorant then some education is in order

I like this option.  Biggest concern is a naive individual not knowing any better.  Worst case is a prohibited person trying to circumvent the law for some nefarious reason.  BLF can feel it out.  Provide education if needed, or cuffs if needed.

First of all, at this point there is no crime. There is no conspiracy. What would you propose the police do? Assign a detective to follow this guy for weeks or months? What if he never buys a gun?

wouldn't be too hard to call the guy and set up a meet, either he bites or he doesn't. They do it for people selling illegal items all day long, why not for those buying?

So I just got a message from some fool responding to my armlist ad asking to do a handgun sale without any paperwork involved.

I find this hilarious to think some idiot out there would even ask that over the net WITH their own cell phone number...

call your local pd, tell them about this, and let them take it from there.

Probably get a better response from the state firearms unit.

:rofl: I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.  They'll probably hang up on you like the did when I called to inquire about my pistol permits after waiting 120 days. 

Let him come to buy from me. If he really is trying to circumvent the system as a prohibited person I will personally lock him up. If he is just ignorant then some education is in order

You still have quite a number of folks out there with banned weapons who don't realize they're banned (1970s Colt AR-15s come to mind). If we have local PDs (and some state troopers) who lack knowledge about state and federal firearms laws, you clearly have a lot of uneducated civilians with misconceptions.

I like this option.  Biggest concern is a naive individual not knowing any better.  Worst case is a prohibited person trying to circumvent the law for some nefarious reason.  BLF can feel it out.  Provide education if needed, or cuffs if needed.

Yeah, usually crooks don't purchase from by making cold calls to an online ad. Criminals purchase legally, steal weapons, or work through through bonafide shady channels. They seldom approach an unknown individual on the Internet and say, "Hey, here's my contact information. Let's do an illegal deal."

Obviously he knows he needs a permit to purchase, the buyer said it himself he didnt have one and asked to make the sale regardless...  IGNORANCE doesnt make you not guilty and in this case i dont even think the guy is ignorant of the law, it just sounds like he doesnt want to follow it, for whatever reason...

:rofl: I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.  They'll probably hang up on you like the did when I called to inquire about my pistol permits after waiting 120 days. 

i didn't say get a good/productive response... :focus:   just a better one then... gone fish'n.