RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! July 14th at Clinton, NJ WMA

Hi guys I'm bringing some hot Chinese style buns, with sesame/yum stuffing. I prepared them especially for you guys, so please do help yourselves when you see them.

Dick's won't be open till 10:00, so I'm kinda hoping to buy some clays from you guys, if you happen to have extra...

Trade you for some shells. I got an extra box of clays

Great turn out today guys and gal. We had probably almost 20 people show with quite a few new faces.

Thanks to those who brought the water and soft drinks. Ming for his tastey rolls, and who ever brought the chocolate donuts which the heat got. We also had 2 tents for the much needed shade, thank god!

Lots of different shottys and one crazy contraption that everyone had to try of Blizzarddemons.

Lots of empty boxes and shells = Good Time!

Great turn out today guys and gal. We had probably almost 20 people show with quite a few new faces.

Thanks to those who brought the water and soft drinks. Ming for his tastey rolls, and who ever brought the chocolate donuts which the heat got. We also had 2 tents for the much needed shade, thank god!

Lots of different shottys and one crazy contration that everyone had to try of Blizzarddemons.

+1 to this.

Tons of fun and learned a lot. Thanks to everyone for the helpful hints and the tents.

Already looking forward to the next Sunday get together

Heard that about the a/c! Had a great time today and so did my girlfriend she is getting much more comfortable with firearms and really is now hating that she hasn't put in for her fpid.

I wish I had more time with the newbs because less then 6 months ago I was in the same position and because of these meet ups got very familiar with smashing clays with lead.

Shotguns and friends ftw!

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Gentlemen! I think it was a good time had by all. It's always great seeing boxes of spent shells! Og if you can work on the ac for next time that would be killer. Low slow next time you have to hook me up with some sunscreen. I normally wear shades all day and today I didn't. My friggin eye lids are burned. Ming thanks for the grub. Very goof stuff. Recessed I have your shells but that awesome cleaning rod you left behind, I don't know what happened to it. Lol. Next month men, and lady

Trade you for some shells. I got an extra box of clays

Sorry didn't see that in time. I got some from RF so it was OK. Thanks!

Lots of different shottys and one crazy contraption that everyone had to try of Blizzarddemons.

+1 thx guys for the tents and donuts and drinks. I'm glad you guys like the food I brought. Now the pressure is on for me to find something new for you guys next time!

Also Fishnut we missed you, but thanks for the thrower. Wasn't the same without ya.

+1 on that. Haven't seen you for long, man! How's fishing been?

Last but not least I want to join others in thanking RF for organizing such a wonderful event (once again!), and for lending me his equipment. My wife says thanks for your greetings.  :fan:

Sorry didn't see that in time. I got some from RF so it was OK. Thanks!

+1 thx guys for the tents and donuts and drinks. I'm glad you guys like the food I brought. Now the pressure is on for me to find something new for you guys next time!

+1 on that. Haven't seen you for long, man! How's fishing been?

Last but not least I want to join others in thanking RF for organizing such a wonderful event (once again!), and for lending me his equipment. My wife says thanks for your greetings. :fan:

No worries.

Yeah thanks to whoever brought the tents. It wouldve been brutal without them..

It was nice to meet a bunch of you yesterday.  RF, thanks again for being the energy and organization behind this event. 

It was fun shooting with everyone.  I might have even broken a clay or two in the course of the morning!

Hope to see everyone again before long.

You guys were focusing on the kel tec, while Joe's saiga was the greatest gun in the range, IMHO. I didn't understand why a short-barrel tactical would be so easy to shoot 5-out-of-5 with, but today I figured it out: your left arm doesn't have to be so extended, left hand holds the mag securely. This is the first shotty that made me feel sooo bad that I'm not allowed (legally) to buy one here.

By the way, Joe, do you happen to know when the next "gfh test drive" would be?

I also want to say it was great to see guys from places that are not so local to the range. Guys from Montclair, Sussex County, Sandy Hook, NYC I think, and some other places I am sure that required some extra miles of travel. It goes to show that this forum has been able to get people from all over to meet and enjoy a day with like minded folks. I have only been a member since New Years and I have met more quality people than I have in all the years living in NJ. For those guys on the fence about coming out to these and other meet ups, come! I too was once on the fence about coming and feeling like I had three heads. But once you come you'll realize everyones pretty fun, I really enjoy these and some of the other meet ups that have happened.

You guys were focusing on the kel tec, while Joe's saiga was the greatest gun in the range, IMHO. I didn't understand why a short-barrel tactical would be so easy to shoot 5-out-of-5 with, but today I figured it out: your left arm doesn't have to be so extended, left hand holds the mag securely. This is the first shotty that made me feel sooo bad that I'm not allowed (legally) to buy one here.

By the way, Joe, do you happen to know when the next "gfh test drive" would be?

Actually the best gun of the day was either mine or joes mossberg 930

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity