Pythagoras

Zimmerman found not guilty

O"Mara just had a great point - "This "in your heart" stuff, is not what they're supposed to do..." and I meant to address that.  The Prosecutors wanted reverse jury nullification.

If you're not 101% familiar, jury nullification would be something along the lines of , the jurors find someone not guilty when it's clear he/she is guilty ... basically saying "We don't care we think the person was justified breaking the law" OR " we don't agree with the law".  There have been excellent examples on Law and Order episodes.  I think one episode in the later years of the show involved a hot blonde therapist running down "JACOB LOWENSTEIN" a coke head pysch doc who was imprisoned in the earliest years of LnO, then released but still a monster, and she killed him with her car because he was still seeking to have a family (to abuse).  The jury said not guilty, ie "We don't care she broke the law".

THESE PROSECUTORS basically wanted the jurors to say "It's not against the law but WE DON'T LIKE IT, WE DON'T AGREE WITH IT, WE DON'T SIT ON THAT SIDE OF THE FENCE, SO WE WANT YOU TO THROW HIM IN JAIL" and quite literally argued for this.  And that is absolutely wrong and those guys deserve formal prosecutorial misconduct reprimands or worse.

People on gun forums also argued this as well... Go figure. 

My Take:

Why in the world are the talking heads rambling on about "stand your ground" for? The case was not tried nor defended on "stand your ground".

Here we go:

George Zimmerman is an asshole for playing cop. He was an asshole for following Trayvon Martin.

Something happened between the two of them that escalated into a physical confrontation. My guess is they are both assholes for this happening.

He did not fight back with his gun, until his head was being banged on the ground.

He then fought back with deadly force. Justified.

So did he initiate the encounter? Yes.
Did he start the physical confrontation? Unknown.
Was he reasonably afraid for his life when a person was banging his head on the ground? Yes.

End of story.

Not surely expected, but right outcome. 

We don't and will never know what exactly happened, but there was no case against Z. 

Cops didn't see it and prosecutors didn't see it. 

Political/racial case started when O&Co got involved. 

Watched report on CBS, judge seems to be relieved with this verdict. Prosecutor seems to be the same. 

My Take:

Why in the world are the talking heads rambling on about "stand your ground" for? The case was not tried nor defended on "stand your ground".

Here we go:

George Zimmerman is an asshole for playing cop. He was an asshole for following Trayvon Martin.

Something happened between the two of them that escalated into a physical confrontation. My guess is they are both assholes for this happening.

He did not fight back with his gun, until his head was being banged on the ground.

He then fought back with deadly force. Justified.

So did he initiate the encounter? Yes.

Did he start the physical confrontation? Unknown.

Was he reasonably afraid for his life when a person was banging his head on the ground? Yes.

End of story.

+1 Agree completely

Is it only in free states that people feel that you have the right to protect your home and your neighborhood?  Zimmerman really was an idiot for that, huh.  If he was playing cop he wouldn't have called 911.  I haven't watched all of the trial, etc., but please provide examples of his vast stupidity.  He should wait for his family to be robbed, home-invaded, etc. Maybe TM, God Bless His Soul, really was casing the neighborhood with his skittles.  Maybe Zimmerman saved someone in TM's future from a tragedy as well?  Silly huh, well, the maybes on the other side are silly, too.  And, I am a father and this was a tragedy.  That's not the point.

GZ should wait for his family to be robbed, etc.Instead, he should have had better training.  Maybe get some  Mag/40 training.  it all comes down to training. 

Is it only in free states that people feel that you have the right to protect your home and your neighborhood?  Zimmerman really was an idiot for that.

We should all chip in and get Zimmerman some Mag/40 training.  it all comes down to training. 

If you're going to chip in for something for GZ, throw in for a plane ticket out of town ASAP and a hotel far, far away from Sanford

If you're going to chip in for something for GZ, throw in for a plane ticket out of town ASAP and a hotel far, far away from Sanford

His life is ruined.  Could he possibly deserve it?  Maybe.  But we don't know.  However, his life has really been ruined not by this case, but by a political agenda that we should not be happy about.  Ooops, I said that word.  I hope GTOnut isn't reading this.  GZ has enough problems.  He has to live with the fact that he killed that underaged adult with thug-like past.  That itself would be enough punishment for any decent human being, which he appears to be. 

fyi there are two distinct reasons why Stand Your Ground was not invoked and GZ is EXTREMELY LUCKY to have such excellent counsel with such foresight ...

One, as alluded to by the state attorney who is not nearly as pretty or important as she thinks she is... SYG becomes a judge hearing NOT a jury trial. Seeing what we just saw, is there ANYONE HERE who thinks that judge or most any other would have ruled for Zimmerman? She would have been laughing while she ruled against SYG.

Two, because you can only invoke SYG 1 time, once, and they were saving it for appeal, among other issues, they would have said it was a SYG Issue he should nor could not even have been charged under SYG So whole trial and conviction was wrong and invalid.

that is the real reasons SYG DIDNT get used or come up. Damned effective trial foresight and client representation.

His life is ruined. Could he possibly deserve it? Maybe. But we don't know. However, his life has really been ruined not by this case, but by a political agenda that we should not be happy about. Ooops, I said that word. I hope GTOnut isn't reading this. GZ has enough problems. He has to live with the fact that he killed that underaged adult with thug-like past. That itself would be enough punishment for any decent human being, which he appears to be.

Eh. With the defamation lawsuit against NBC alone, he'll get enough to move somewhere no one will recognize him.

NBC will have blood on its hands if one animal does something because of the outcome.

Millsan: Because as much as Fox News had been on GZ side this whole time Geraldo is going to do his darnedest to show SOME type of empathy to endorse calmness in the area.

They are happy with the outcome but don't want to rub it in faces. So they are picking on Stand Your Ground as a sacrifice. This is Fox attempt at being equal

Millsan: Because as much as Fox News had been on GZ side this whole time Geraldo is going to do his darnedest to show SOME type of empathy to endorse calmness in the area.

They are happy with the outcome but don't want to rub it in faces. So they are picking on Stand Your Ground as a sacrifice. This is Fox attempt at being equal

I actually was not watching Fox, been watching MSNBC and CNN.  ALL the talking heads on both channels are talking non stop re: SYG.

I actually was not watching Fox, been watching MSNBC and CNN. ALL the talking heads on both channels are talking non stop re: SYG.

Ahhh. Coincidence. I had to turn off. MSNBC. Can't take sharpton

This country is all messed up .. Blacks are on twitter saying we're gonna kill crackers and its ok but if a white person says it omg hes racist kick him off twitter hes an outcast

This country is all messed up .. Blacks are on twitter saying we're gonna kill crackers and its ok but if a white person says it omg hes racist kick him off twitter hes an outcast .. In my opinion zimmerman is a hero .. He was tired of crime so he acted maybe this country would be better if we took a page out of his book...

zimmmerman is not even white...