Pythagoras

Zimmerman found not guilty

Has nothing to do with it .. Blacks are still mad at whites over this ... Why? I dunno.... But they are

Media outlets like CNN were labeling Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic". 

Things were worded a certain way to provoke a reaction. 

zimmmerman is not even white...

I agree with this completely. Obama is bi-racial yet we say that he's the "first black President" yet George is bi-racial and he's just considered white.

Race only becomes a factor when it's convenient for either side. This kid attacked George and was put down.

I would like to know where the outrage is on this

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f9f_1338039156
Young (white) mother killed for $85, one of three (black) killers still on the loose. No media?

No Presidential Comment, No Jessie Jackson or Sharpty Sharpton....

My Take:

Why in the world are the talking heads rambling on about "stand your ground" for? The case was not tried nor defended on "stand your ground".

Here we go:

George Zimmerman is an asshole for playing cop. He was an asshole for following Trayvon Martin.

Something happened between the two of them that escalated into a physical confrontation. My guess is they are both assholes for this happening.

He did not fight back with his gun, until his head was being banged on the ground.

He then fought back with deadly force. Justified.

So did he initiate the encounter? Yes.

Did he start the physical confrontation? Unknown.

Was he reasonably afraid for his life when a person was banging his head on the ground? Yes.

End of story.

This. Cannot be said any better.

I agree with this completely. Obama is bi-racial yet we say that he's the "first black President" yet George is bi-racial and he's just considered white.

Race only becomes a factor when it's convenient for either side. This kid attacked George and was put down.

If Zimmerman was being interviewed at an Immigration rally he would be labeled as Hispanic by the media. all other times he's white.

Whatever you think.. A kid is dead. Sadly more are going to follow due to both their choices...

And even worse, His family will live out there days thinking there son was killed by a racist because he was black.

I feel bad for any parent who loses a child its not supposed to happen black, white or other.

And even worse, His family will live out there days thinking there son was killed by a racist because he was black.

I feel bad for any parent who loses a child its not supposed to happen black, white or other.

It will happen when that child is a thug, he will either be killed by one of his own or a George Zimmerman or the Police..

by every measurable statistic available, blacks are more racists

what is amazing is that newscasters, media, etc are still NOT giving all the facts instead, 'tragedy, what a tragedy this child lost his life' pc bs.....

the thing about a ccw/stand your ground state is you have to be mature enough to always keep yourself out of the kind situation that zimmerman so willingly walked into. the trial should never have been about murder or manslaughter or whatever (i really didn't follow it very closely) it should have been about negligence. i AM glad that he was found not guilty for the heavier aforementioned charges but as i say, he shouldn't have been charged with them in the first place.

obviously i can't ccw here. but i think about how i would handle situations when i move out of this state. i like to avoid people anyway - but there are the times when some idiot in a wawa parking lot wants to make some fun remarks at me. 5 years ago i would have been making remarks back while walking towards him but you have to grow up and swallow your pride and just laugh at how stupid people are.

what if marty mcfly had a ccw? everyone who called him chicken (or yellow) would have been shot

the thing about a ccw/stand your ground state is you have to be mature enough to always keep yourself out of the kind situation that zimmerman so willingly walked into. the trial should never have been about murder or manslaughter or whatever (i really didn't follow it very closely) it should have been about negligence. i AM glad that he was found not guilty for the heavier aforementioned charges but as i say, he shouldn't have been charged with them in the first place.

obviously i can't ccw here. but i think about how i would handle situations when i move out of this state. i like to avoid people anyway - but there are the times when some idiot in a wawa parking lot wants to make some fun remarks at me. 5 years ago i would have been making remarks back while walking towards him but you have to grow up and swallow your pride and just laugh at how stupid people are.

what if marty mcfly had a ccw? everyone who called him chicken (or yellow) would have been shot

negligence?  he broke no laws, was neighborhood watch doing exactly what neighborhood watch does, was walking back to his car when jumped by Trayvon and the list goes on.  Did you read all the nuances of the trial or just watch cnn?

The word is now the Justice Dept under ho-Ho-Holder will file civil rights federal charges against GZ And have had "an ongoing investigation, which continues now 《That the verdict was freedom》"..

If you think for one second this government won't prosecute GZ, first I direct you to Rodney king cops, 2 I believe got 30 months. More recently under the blatantly racist Justice dept head honcho, see the case(s) Johannes Mehserle.

My Take:

Why in the world are the talking heads rambling on about "stand your ground" for? The case was not tried nor defended on "stand your ground".

Here we go:

George Zimmerman is an asshole for playing cop. He was an asshole for following Trayvon Martin.

Something happened between the two of them that escalated into a physical confrontation. My guess is they are both assholes for this happening.

He did not fight back with his gun, until his head was being banged on the ground.

He then fought back with deadly force. Justified.

So did he initiate the encounter? Yes.

Did he start the physical confrontation? Unknown.

Was he reasonably afraid for his life when a person was banging his head on the ground? Yes.

End of story.

He didn't initiate the encounter nor did start the confrontation, he passed 2 lie detector tests, evidence from the bushes corroborated his story as well.  He didn't initiate anything and was jumped by Trayvon while going back to his car.  IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO FOLLOW SOMEONE.  Also, he's neighborhood watch doing exactly what neighborhood watch does which is observe and report on suspicious activity.  Is this not what he did?

The word is now the Justice Dept under ho-Ho-Holder will file civil rights federal charges against GZ And have had "an ongoing investigation, which continues now 《That the verdict was freedom》"..

If you think for one second this government won't prosecute GZ, first I direct you to Rodney king cops, 2 I believe got 30 months. More recently under the blatantly racist Justice dept head honcho, Johannes Mehserle.

terrible news really

Zim's black neighbor and a black youth group testified for zim as he helped black youth and never exhibited any racist behavior that anyone saw.

I think he'll beat this too

what zim needs is for hispanic groups to mobilize in his defense

What possible good could have come from following someone in the rain at night?

doesn't matter, it's not against the law in any state.

I'll remind you, he was neighborhood watch in a GATED community.

what law did he brake?

doesn't matter, it's not against the law in any state.

I'll remind you, he was neighborhood watch in a GATED community.

what law did he brake break?

I never claimed he broke a single law. That is irrelevant. Getting out of his car to look for TM was stupid, plain and simple. The events leading up to the shooting are irrelevant in regards to the criminal proceedings. Once he was being attacked, he was justified in using deadly force. Period end.

I never claimed he broke a single law. That is irrelevant. Getting out of his car to look for TM was stupid, plain and simple. The events leading up to the shooting are irrelevant in regards to the criminal proceedings. Once he was being attacked, he was justified in using deadly force. Period end.

so what does neighborhood watch do then, stay home in the house and watch tv?  He lived in a gated community and was doing exactly what neighborhood programs used to teach.  You observe, report and maintain a distance or at least that is what the police told us when we had one in a community I lived in.

so what does neighborhood watch do then, stay home in the house and watch tv?  He lived in a gated community and was doing exactly what neighborhood programs used to teach.  You observe, report and maintain a distance or at least that is what the police told us when we had one in a community I lived in.

I will keep my opinion of "neighborhood watch" to myself. Regardless, he was not "on duty" nor should he have ever gotten out of his vehicle. Doing so was stupid, and had he stayed in it, the entire incident never would have happened.

What possible good could have come from following someone in the rain at night?

I think if people stopped breaking into houses and I felt safe to let my kids play in the yard that would be a positive outcome.

That's something police can't do for you. It's something you have to do for yourself. Just like most things in life.

some really pathetic responses from the sports community, especially the first one.  really pathetic..  not really all that surprised about them though..  no one ever said that sports figures were intelligent or impartial..

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9476243/athletes-react-george-zimmerman-found-not-guilty-trayvon-martin-case

I will keep my opinion of "neighborhood watch" to myself. Regardless, he was not "on duty" nor should he have ever gotten out of his vehicle. Doing so was stupid, and had he stayed in it, the entire incident never would have happened.

we'll just have to agree to disagree then