Gunnz

Best 1911 for under.......

Have a permit that expires in a few days, but am away, and hopefully can get it extended after it expires....

Been looking to use the permit so I don't loose it but only have like 600 to spend...

What 1911s typically run under 600?

Never even shot a 1911 but it seems like a must in any collection.

If no quality 1911 is available for the price, I was thinking of adding to a glock21.

I had to make a similar call last year and went into the Remington domain for a budget 1911. I got the Enhansed and then the Stainless which has more classic features. Very happy with Remington. I didnt want to spend more than 7-800$

http://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/semi-automatic/remington-1911-1911-45acp-5-7rd-sts-wlnt-2-mgs.html

............and i just have to suggest this since i m a big fan of Zastava and they import their new production Tokarev's ......perfect for an expiring permit and lo cash gun.

1911-Ski

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1YM70&name=Zastava+M70A+9mm+Pistol&groupid=3

I saw a Springfield g.i offered on the marketplace, for 529, any good?

I really like the look of the Ruger sr1911, but hear they are hard to find, and they are priced of my budget at the moment. (Bought 4 handguns in the past year)

If no quality 1911 is available for the price, I was thinking of adding to a glock21.

Get the 1911 after you get some other fun toys. A 1911 sould be an heirloom, not something that money dictates. Do your research in which brand and model to buy and save your money up.

I was thinking the same thing..... Might just let the permit expire..... I know it's sacrilegious

Saw an online site had mp15 5.56 for 609, maybe I will wait for them to come back in stock

I would get a used gun for the $600. Your money will go a little farther that way. I have heard Rock Island are a good buy. Never shot one but they definitely have a following.

Personally I would get a Springfield Mil Spec 1911A1 used and go from there. Its a good quality base gun. You get to experience the 1911 in a similar form to its original design. From there you can decide whether you love or hate the platform. If you choose to sell it later you will get most if not all of your money back. If you love it then you can send it out for custom work like a trigger job, better sights, accurizing, etc.

I would get a used gun for the $600. Your money will go a little farther that way. I have heard Rock Island are a good buy. Never shot one but they definitely have a following.

Personally I would get a Springfield Mil Spec 1911A1 used and go from there. Its a good quality base gun. You get to experience the 1911 in a similar form to its original design. From there you can decide whether you love or hate the platform. If you choose to sell it later you will get most if not all of your money back. If you love it then you can send it out for custom work like a trigger job, better sights, accurizing, etc.

+1

Good advice.  I picked up a used Springfield Mil Spec (though I don't believe it was ever fired) within your price range and I am glad I did.  One of the best things about the Springfield is that the slide isn't engraved with logos so big they can be seen from space.   It's a handsome, well-made gun that shoots well out of the box.

springfield-1911-milspec-45-ss-b.jpg

A forum vendor has a Springfield G.I. 1911 for 529, how is the G.I model?

The Mil spec has a lowered ejection port, "better" sights and slanted slide serrations.  Probably a few other minor details. I don't know if you can get the GI in stainless, but the mil spec is available both ways.  I got the stainless. I will eventually get one blued and the GI will be on my shopping list. 

Good advice.  I picked up a used Springfield Mil Spec (though I don't believe it was ever fired) within your price range and I am glad I did.  One of the best things about the Springfield is that the slide isn't engraved with logos so big they can be seen from space.   It's a handsome, well-made gun that shoots well out of the box.

springfield-1911-milspec-45-ss-b.jpg

Damn that's pretty

SDC10977_zpsa0acb7f5.jpg

A forum vendor has a Springfield G.I. 1911 for 529, how is the G.I model?

I have a G.I in stainless and brand new it was less than 650. Its a classic bare bones 1911 but that is what I wanted. It is a great gun and I am very happy with it. The only thing that I do not like is the sights, they are the small combat sights but its a gun anything can be changed or modified to your liking when you get some more cash to throw at it.