nitrospaz9

Anti family members

I would be cleaning all my guns every time they came over. If they were uncomfortable they could leave. This would continue until they decided not to show up anymore

My mom isn't fully anti but is scared of guns. I asked my step dad to babysit a gun for me while I was out of the country. Turned out nothing bad happened the entire time it was in the house. My stepdad's best friend is very high up in the us Marshall's and I guarantee you he's been carrying around her once or twice and she didn't even know it.

My mom isn't fully anti but is scared of guns. I asked my step dad to babysit a gun for me while I was out of the country. Turned out nothing bad happened the entire time it was in the house. My stepdad's best friend is very high up in the us Marshall's and I guarantee you he's been carrying around her once or twice and she didn't even know it.

Now watch this Shawn......3..2..1.

My wife was anti gun for the first couple years we were together.  I grew up shooting, and wanted to get my own, but was unable to because money was tight.  She was against me getting any until the night we were sitting watching TV and the doorknob of our apartment started to jiggle.  Jump forward a couple years and I own 3, and she's in the process of getting her own.

Straight up, tell him flat out that it is clear you two differ over gun policy, and you accept that, but you still respect his beliefs (as much as you'll probably be BSing him).

Tell him that you want to take him to the range just once - one time in his entire life. At this point, he'll probably be fuming. Then tell him that if he really hates it, is really against it, and thinks no one should own guns, then the trip to the range will only reinforce that and confirm his beliefs.

If he still says no, then you can go the Playtime Boutique on Rt. 1 in Edison and buy him a toy in the shape of a male homo sapien's genitals. Make sure it's black.

My brother in laws brother is constantly posting things about how awful guns are. Just read this extremely long article about kids shooting themselves with guns found around this house. I of course counter this by posting every good article about guns lol. He's just one of those people that are anti America. Anyone else have People like this in their family? And if so how do you handle this?

No headstone.

Sorry. Still crazy.

Schools push liberalism. If you don't see it you are blind.

Remember a Philly school having this next to the election booths?

Posted Image

How about the text books you've seen in posts. Or kids getting suspended for NRA shirts or finger guns. Open your eyes

Indoctrination is done correctly when the subject doesn't believe it has been done.

Repost: http://gunssavelives.net/blog/the-plan-to-disarm-america-within-two-generations-is-happening-right-now/

My God this is heinous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Indoctrination is done correctly when the subject doesn't believe it has been done.

Repost:  http://gunssavelives.net/blog/the-plan-to-disarm-america-within-two-generations-is-happening-right-now/

You only have to catalog the strides the Anti Smoking Lobby made in a relatively short time to  see that 2 generations is rather optimistic IMO.

Schools push liberalism. If you don't see it you are blind.

Remember a Philly school having this next to the election booths?

usa9uvur.jpg

How about the text books you've seen in posts. Or kids getting suspended for NRA shirts or finger guns. Open your eyes

Well, yes it's disturbing but it's Philly. Obama is practically a god down there. No joke. 

As for anti relatives I don't really know who is anti but they're not in love with guns. My father's side of the family (grandfather, uncle) owned shotguns, rifles and my uncle owned a 9mm pistol which he actually had to use in a self defense shooting. My dad never owned a gun, however, neither did my mom, and growing up I was taught to avoid our neighbors at the bottom of the hill who had guns for hunting. Maybe it was for a good reason since one of them murdered their uncle. 

My brother is in the Navy and of course he's handled firearms. He also carried while on deployment in Afghanistan. But he's not an enthusiast. However he has nothing against guns really. 

As for me I don't advertise how many and what kind of guns I have with my relatives. I post pro gun things on facebook from time to time but I don't think I come off as a "gun nut." 

My mom and I really don't speak that much... long story, but I am not really mad at her, I just don't talk to her all that much. And she lives in Florida anyway, so it's not like I can just go over to her house. It will be interesting if we ever decide to go down to FL and visit her house again. Yes, I will be carrying... but I don't think I'll advertise it to her. 

I would be cleaning all my guns every time they came over. If they were uncomfortable they could leave. This would continue until they decided not to show up anymore

I call BS.  If you were going to clean ALL your guns, they would have to come over for a weekend to watch that......;-)

My heart is actually broken right now for this very reason. My daughter has been the light of my life since the moment she was born. I never have loved anything as much as I love her. And she loves everything I love (Star Wars, LOTR, played travel soccer, played ice hockey, is an amazing musician and actually get decent cash paying gigs with an acoustic act she's put together). Well this "really cool" teacher in her high school that she idolizes is a big Obama supporter, against hunting and big anti gun person. And now all of a sudden I'm some ignorant old man with archaic ways of thinking. Well finally she's away in college this year. I thought I could broach the subject of guns again when she was home for a visit recently. We are planning a big family trip to visit family in Maine in a few weeks and me and my cousins are going shooting at their range so I brought it up and told her I want her to come with us. Well she broke into such a fckn rant and of course bringing up Sandy Hook and now she isn't going up to Maine with us. It just breaks my heart all that she means to me and some jackass liberal that I want to rip his head off can come along and be that influential over her. A friend of mine is in the same exact boat with his daughter - different school, different teacher but same story. I swear they are hand picking these imbeciles to brainwash our kids.

That is rough but I would explain to her that you would still like her to go on the family trip with you. Explain that she doesn't have to go shooting, that yiu won't even talk about firearms with her but that you value the time it would allow you and she to spend together. Let her know how much you miss seeing her and spending quality time with her. If she goes on the trip make plans to do something that she is interested in and spend time with her. Don't let guns come between the relationship of you and your daughter. Good luck.

I've talked about this topic in depth before and I really don't feel like repeating myself. If I'm going to consistently run into disagreement with the resident conspiracy theorist, whose acceptable level of evidence is apparently any conservative blog post, and people who have nothing to contribute to the conversation besides writing me off as brainwashed, I can live with that.

That is rough but I would explain to her that you would still like her to go on the family trip with you. Explain that she doesn't have to go shooting, that yiu won't even talk about firearms with her but that you value the time it would allow you and she to spend together. Let her know how much you miss seeing her and spending quality time with her. If she goes on the trip make plans to do something that she is interested in and spend time with her. Don't let guns come between the relationship of you and your daughter. Good luck.

Thanks for showing concern and giving tips ...just looks like she's not coming. She just says she can't come now (even though we've talked about it since the beginning of September)

I love a good family argument about guns,I mean discussion but the only person I wont get into it with is my mother in law.she was a teen ager when the Nazis invaded Norway .most awkward moment ever was when my son called her to tell her he beat me at sporting clays

Most antis I know like to kid with me up until things like sandy or the state of the country all of a sudden I'm not so crazy

Yep. When you're in high school, it's real easy for people to make fun of the kid with duct tape in his backpack.... until that one day they need it, and thank you profusely.

Same thing with guns.

I love a good family argument about guns,I mean discussion but the only person I wont get into it with is my mother in law.she was a teen ager when the Nazis invaded Norway .most awkward moment ever was when my son called her to tell her he beat me at sporting clays

why?  Are you saying she's afraid of them because of her experience and is against them now?

my grandparents fled Germany and you bet your a$$ they had firearms in the house since arriving on the shores of America.  My mother is from France and her mother was part of the resistence.  She carries around a shotgun when we go into the mountains for fear of boars. 

I'm a little confused on this. I don't mean to be insensitive or anything like that in any way. I'm just a little confused on what you're trying to say.

Is she an "anti"? If so, I would think her experience with the Nazis would be a perfect example of why citizens SHOULD be armed, rather then be any sort of justification for gun control. I mean, I doubt that the SS would have applied for the FPID, or have been even remotely concerned with adhering to mag capacity limits or bans on certain "named" models.

I open carry to every single election. Cops are not allowed to be armed there, under Commonwealth law, only Citizens. That seems to be why the only statutory obligation of Constables is to keep the peace at the polls.

In what state??

My wife wasn't a full blown anti, but was skeptical, at least as to why anyone would "need" a gun.  Then came Hurricane Sandy and when our whole neighborhood was without power except our house with the portable generator, and there were reports on the radio of people stealing gas and generators, and there were quite a few cars driving through our neighborhood at all hours of the night.

The first thing se said was..."I am so glad you have your guns, I couldn't imaging being in this mess without any protection for the family."

Next was when the Boston suspects were at large and the entire city was basically under a lock-down.  She had the same response- "how could someone ever protect themselves under these circumstances without a gun."

She has since been to the range on several occasions and loves shooting.

My wife wasn't a full blown anti, but was skeptical, at least as to why anyone would "need" a gun.  Then came Hurricane Sandy and when our whole neighborhood was without power except our house with the portable generator, and there were reports on the radio of people stealing gas and generators, and there were quite a few cars driving through our neighborhood at all hours of the night.

The first thing se said was..."I am so glad you have your guns, I couldn't imaging being in this mess without any protection for the family."

Next was when the Boston suspects were at large and the entire city was basically under a lock-down.  She had the same response- "how could someone ever protect themselves under these circumstances without a gun."

She has since been to the range on several occasions and loves shooting.

As was mine,,,,, I heard of instances where her military pilot dad,his friends,a bottle of Scotch and a .38 would frighten the family back in the day...... I eased her into the whole concept of firearm as protector and  after several visits to the range, her uncanny accuracy and a affinity to hot rounds and big guns made me proud. We have since agreed that my CZ 9m is essentially a "sissy" gun and any further firearm purchases  will include .38 and above.