bignic83

Man killed on range by boy with trainer present.

Wow!. The fact the kid was even allowed to touch a firearm while there were people down range is just ridiculous. I mean that should just be common sense. You shouldn't need to be a trained instructor to know this stuff. Fail and sad indeed.  

Instructor is 100% at fault. Boy was obviously doing as told by RO. Unfortunately he will have to live with it. He will picture that shot every minute the rest of his life.

Not to change subjects but, does anyone still think the ROs at CR are a little too strict? Now you see why....?

Baloney.

1. All guns cleared and left on the table while people are downrange. No touching the guns.

2. All guns pointed downrange at all times.

Nothing strict about any of that. Anything else is bullshit. It's pretty simple.

What's lunch meat got to do with it? Make me a sandwich... 3 slices please, slab of cheddar, fried and with mustard on a ciabatta roll please.

Seriously, I agree... but without those rules, stupid crap like this could happen. Granted, RO was wrong. Someone missed the bus on this one.

This RO was obviously not trained right and the kid was that fooking stupid to point a gun at someone. Even in jest.

Baloney.

1. All guns cleared and left on the table while people are downrange. No touching the guns.

2. All guns pointed downrange at all times.

Nothing strict about any of that. Anything else is bs. It's pretty simple.

What's lunch meat got to do with it? Make me a sandwich... 3 slices please, slab of cheddar, fried and with mustard on a ciabatta roll please.

Seriously, I agree... but without those rules, stupid crap like this could happen. Granted, RO was wrong. Someone missed the bus on this one.

This RO was obviously not trained right and the kid was that fooking stupid to point a gun at someone. Even in jest.

Additionally - This is tragic but not a common occurrence.  I would guess just as many people drown in a bath tub.

Not to sound too heartless... But perhaps the kid meant to do it. Article says the guy was a "friend" of his mother. Perhaps a deranged kid didn't like a guy movin in on his mom.

Just pointing this out as a possibility... I know if an anti saw this, the only thing they would be able to extrapolate is that guns are unsafe, in any environment. But the fact is we really don't know much about the situation from the article and video. Only that a kid is holding a gun when he isn't supposed to, and a guy falls to the ground down-range...

And on a side note... Looks like every stall has a spotting scope... That's pretty sweet.

This is SO WRONG on so many levels!  How about EVERYBODY is WRONG for going down range when a kid is still at a port?  Even the guy who bought the farm!  Haste to check/change your target CAN get you KILLED!  It's ALWAYS the unloaded gun that kills via accidents!

I guess you'll need a chamber flag at THAT range from now on!

Tragic, sad and didn't have to ever happen.........

Dave

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Tragic occurrences like this cement my general demeanor on the firing line. There is no room for horseplay of any sort. Even the ro taking the photo of the kid holding the rifle is a no go.

I edit reality shows and a recent gig included a lot of what I consider to be reckless gun handling. I voiced my disapproval of cameras and operators downrange, even from an unloaded gun.

It was met with mockery by the NYC elites who have never held or pointed a gun in their lives.

Not to sound too heartless... But perhaps the kid meant to do it. Article says the guy was a "friend" of his mother. Perhaps a deranged kid didn't like a guy movin in on his mom. Just pointing this out as a possibility... I know if an anti saw this, the only thing they would be able to extrapolate is that guns are unsafe, in any environment. But the fact is we really don't know much about the situation from the article and video. Only that a kid is holding a gun when he isn't supposed to, and a guy falls to the ground down-range... And on a side note... Looks like every stall has a spotting scope... That's pretty sweet.

This is not a far fetched theory. He could of meant it, never know.

I've been yelled at by an RSO(that I had never seen before) at SJSC while people were downrange, for simply loading a magazine for my AR.  I was not even near the gun..I was standing at the table on the back wall, facing Bangers. 

He said "pistol magazines are OK to load on the 25 yard range(at the time, we were on the 50yd)...but no rifle magazine loading".... Uh...OK, sure. 

So the instructor walks around the port to take a picture of the kid holding the rifle, he pulls the trigger, kills the guy down range. That instructor should be held 100% accountable for this accident. It then appears she is on a walkie talkie or something radioing in the shooting, not clearing that gun and then going to see the guy that got shot. What morons.

I got ripped once for dropping a pack of targets on a bench during target change, I was confuse cause the bench was empty and I just threw them down with no where else to put them. Seemed stupid at the time buts I guess it's more of a conditioning thing.

Also I like how the trainer walks away. Like not even bother to see if the guy is alive. Didn't bother to secure anything either

Seriously? As opposed to what? Smart Americans?

Haven't you noticed that all the *WTF?!?!* videos on LiveLeaks come from Russia? 

Going off their internet posts, Darwinism is a live and well in Russia. 

Haven't you noticed that all the *WTF?!?!* videos on LiveLeaks come from Russia? 

Going off their internet posts, Darwinism is a live and well in Russia. 

Might have something to do with the fact that dash cams, helmet cams, and the like are much more prevalent over their due to insurance scams. I'm quite sure there are plenty of Americans doing equally foolish things, just out of camera view.

Ok, but I still want the fried baloney sammich! ;)

Now Now John......don't be inflammatory.......or correct... that's not part of the playbook.....

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Now this may seem silly, but has anyone thought of buying a vest to where at the range? Really....I am serious.......I have been swept more than once at CR on the HG range and I try to setup as far away from someone else as possible.....

currently deciding which one to buy.

Now this may seem silly, but has anyone thought of buying a vest to where at the range? Really....I am serious.......I have been swept more than once at CR on the HG range and I try to setup as far away from someone else as possible.....

Might be better off getting 2 ballistic shields and put them on both sides of ya. :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...