illy

Dick's Black Friday

No specs on the body or door thickness...

All of these safes are generally rated RSC which stands for Residential Security Container.

For the most part, they have composite doors, which means that its a relatively thick looking door comprised of internal moving parts, fireproofing and a steel wrapping.

The steel for RSC rated safes is almost always 12 gauge.

They are not very difficult to bypass assuming the intruder has the proper knowledge.

Coupled with a good home alarm system, the average burglar isnt going to spend too much time trying to penetrate something which appears to be secure knowing that the police are on their way.

TL-15, TL-30 rated safes provide a better amount of security.

SeLBBB1.jpg

First to the gentleman who is buying the HENRY, the price is a good one, and likely the best your gonna find, and I own several just for the company or family that show up to play, and they are usually tack drivers, and such a SMooooooooth  SMooooth  ACTION. and if u bought a used one which I just did get another the other day in exc. shape but it had a scope and that was 275.00 so used in great shape or new doesn't really matter  IMHO. great gun.   FOR the SAFE, I could not wait till now and already got my safe, one of the pro series, 48 plus 8 and a few xtra's for it, but I paid $799. on sale, and for me it was a BEAR to put in the house, two people.  But so damn heavy that no one was walking away with the contents that way, and the door was plenty beefed for me, and two (2) keys of course to open if needed, and along with all that weight, just think how hard it is to get in the house, its gonna take a crane to get it out, cause I will never try that again, so me selling mine for a bigger one is out of the question, just get another safe at that point. LMAO...        I read it was better to get the ELECTRONIC KEY PAD opposed to the DIAL IN STYLE even though it looks cooler but, mainly due to the amount of time it takes to redo the input of #'s, makes sense, and I like my electronic key pad...

I was looking to get the Hornady zombie home defense but they were out. The guys there said they've been doing good stocking ammo though so from now on when I get dragged to the mall I'm gonna pop in there and hopefully grab some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refuse to go to Dick's anymore...

New policy, FID info must match driver license EXACTLY. A guy was turned away because his license said Wanamassa. Ocean Township handles Wanamassa, so the FID said Ocean. Zip code and everything was the same, but Dick's will not transfer a gun due to that. The associate even suggested he get it fixed "so you never have an issue in the state." But that same guy was allowed to purchase ammo... because that really is logical.

They even made people bring in passports to confirm names, since a middle initial might be present on one, but not the other (because you can't go by other points, such as date of birth). To be honest, I'll spend $100 more and go through my regular FFL rather then ever give my money to that company.

I am not sending dicks but You have to understand that dicks is a huge corporation. They are under a microscope all the time. One screw up could cost them a lot of money. You also have managers who don't communicate well with their employees and rules, regulations, laws get twisted down the line. Just like the game telephone.

Were they asking anyone for FIDs and logging info for 5.56 and/or .22lr?  Paramus store said that "NJSP wants FIDs for all handgun and certain rifle rounds" :haha:

I went out on Friday for some shopping and errands and stopped at DSG, East Brunswick. I don't carry my FID in my wallet, it doesn't seem to fit, and don't want it getting damaged.

I went into the store, and between my father in law and I, we scored 12 boxes of the cheap 5.56 ammo. No FID required.

I asked for a box of the 22 that was on sale and was denied. They require an FID for 22lr.

Guess I should start carrying my FID in my Walter rather than my range bag.

Another DSG story, this time Freehold.

I went to get some 9mm, still in stock last night at 730pm, not sale price, but regular price of 14.99.

A man wanted to buy a shotgun that was on sale only Thursday through Saturday. The sale ended last night. Of course, NICS was closed, so no sale.

The man asked, "will it be on sale on Monday." Salesman said "no."

I asked the salesman if they could sell the man the shotgun and simply just run the NICS on Monday, salesman looked at me like I was crazy and said "that's illegal!"

I asked why it was allowed on Thursday night for Black Friday sales, and not last night for this guy, and he said Thursday was a "special exception".

I can't take their BS.

Last night picked up Field & Stream 24 gun safe for $389, plus 200 rounds of 5.56 $70 and 1575 rounds of .22lr.$60 That's the extent of my Black Friday shopping. South Plainfield

How is the safe? How did you transport it?

Did you say passports? Haha! Don't you carry your fid and dl in your wallet anyways? You would spend $100 more really?

Wallet... license, yes. FID, nope. I have no reason to carry that on my person at all times.

And yes, I would gladly give $100 to an FFL that respects our 2nd Amendment rights rather than a company that makes people walk ammo to a register in a locked fish box that everyone stares at because it draws so much attention to you. Makes people that legally own/shoot guns look like criminals.

Dick's can do whatever they want, but they lost a customer that buys A LOT of ammo and firearms pretty consistently. NJ has pretty restrictive laws regarding firearms... I'm not dealing with a company that puts their own restrictions down on an otherwise legal transfer. If I need to go to a larger store for shooting related stuff, I'll drive out to Cabelas rather than Dick's... and I have two within 20 minutes of my house.

Safe is quiet nice, it is my first large size safe. I am happy with it so far. I want to get a door organizer so I can have handguns on the door with a few accessories. I am only using one side (half) of the safe for long guns, probably can only hold 8-9 before it get real crowded. The other side is just ammo, and mag, cleaning stuff.  

I have a large truck with a lift gate. so it was super easy, when I pulled up front the dicks guy had it on a handcart and said  "go get your car", and I was said "you can just drop it on the lift gate" (like 2 feet from where he was standing and front door) He was like oh yea this is the easiest pickup ever.

Safe is quiet nice, it is my first large size safe. I am happy with it so far. I want to get a door organizer so I can have handguns on the door with a few accessories. I am only using one side (half) of the safe for long guns, probably can only hold 8-9 before it get real crowded. The other side is just ammo, and mag, cleaning stuff.  

I have a large truck with a lift gate. so it was super easy, when I pulled up front the dicks guy had it on a handcart and said  "go get your car", and I was said "you can just drop it on the lift gate" (like 2 feet from where he was standing and front door) He was like oh yea this is the easiest pickup ever.

Just check the clearance between the door and the shelves/long guns. Many safes can't use the door organizers because there isn't the room. I have a small organizer on my door and I had to place it in between the shelves. I originally purchased a full door organizer from Cabelas that could hold handguns and a bunch of stuff, but had to return it as the door wouldn't close with just the organizer as thick as it was, forget anything in the pockets.

Just check the clearance between the door and the shelves/long guns. Many safes can't use the door organizers because there isn't the room. I have a small organizer on my door and I had to place it in between the shelves. I originally purchased a full door organizer from Cabelas that could hold handguns and a bunch of stuff, but had to return it as the door wouldn't close with just the organizer as thick as it was, forget anything in the pockets.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to measure, just by eye it looks like I have 4" clearance but that could be deceiving.