illy

Dick's Black Friday

I don't have any experiences with these safes but I will shed some light on gun safes and their capacity.

Be careful with what you choose. A 24gun safe may fit 24 stock Ruger 10/22's, and that's if you spend 20mins trying to figure out how to accomplish that, but once you start putting in bolt action rifles, SxS shotguns, and scoped long guns, your capacity will dramatically decrease. 

I have a "18" gun that I have 12 guns in. Talk about lame.

Oh and that 64gun safe everyone is talking about is probably only good for the person that is interested in it, BLF! I'm going to guess something of that size will probably hold about 40 guns and you will never want to open that thing up unless your pulling out the first 3 guns closest to the door. 

When I say it'll be perfect for BLF, I mean it'll be perfect for anyone who never takes guns out of their safe :laugh:

any thought on the F&S 24g safe?  would u recc the bigger one on sale this year? some feedback is greatly appreciated.

Its freaking tiny,

exactly what Recessed said.

Its fine if you have no scoped rifles or AR type guns.

Its good for ammo and handguns

I've been saying it forever. Safes are still being made for straight guns. If they sell it as a 24 gun safe, it will hold 50% or less modern tactical guns or long guns with big optics... Formula very rarely fails. Of course it you have 24 Fudd guns, 24 will work fine! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have the 32 gun safe now. It doesn't hold near 32 guns. I'd say about half of that. Other than that it's great.

I guess Im one of the lucky few. I have the 18 gun safe and currently have 15 rifles and 9 handguns stuffed in there, most of them "tactical" style rifles or shotguns.

Its at capacity though, might be able to squeeze one more slim rifle in...maybe.

I guess Im one of the lucky few. I have the 18 gun safe and currently have 15 rifles and 9 handguns stuffed in there, most of them "tactical" style rifles or shotguns.

Its at capacity though, might be able to squeeze one more slim rifle in...maybe.

Thats cool. But gotta be tight in there. Like some here, I like it spaced out and not touching each other. Im wierd ok lol

Oh and that 64gun safe everyone is talking about is probably only good for the person that is interested in it, BLF! I'm going to guess something of that size will probably hold about 40 guns and you will never want to open that thing up unless your pulling out the first 3 guns closest to the door. 

When I say it'll be perfect for BLF, I mean it'll be perfect for anyone who never takes guns out of their safe :laugh:

Not funny...it's sad cause it's true

Looks like you can get the Black Friday pricing on some of the items now, including some of the safes and long guns.

Hopefully this link works:

http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DSG/default.aspx?action=browsepagelarge&storeid=2485946&rapid=2182666&pagenumber=6

Yeah that configuration is terrible. It would be an all day effort to get to a gun in the back!

Yeah that configuration is terrible. It would be an all day effort to get to a gun in the back!

I bought a 22 gun safe a few years ago when I had 3 handguns and 1 rifle. I use the shelves, so technically, 11 long guns.

With scopes and ARs I have 8 long guns in there, but 2 are ARs that are broken down.

I thought about a larger say, but instead, due to the moving around of long guns to get to the ones in back, I think I'd rather get another similar safe instead of trying to jam a bunch into one big one and then deal with the issues of emptying it out to get to the back.

Looks like you can get the Black Friday pricing on some of the items now, including some of the safes and long guns.

Hopefully this link works:

http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DSG/default.aspx?action=browsepagelarge&storeid=2485946&rapid=2182666&pagenumber=6

Anybody know what caliber the 700 ADL comes in? The Dick's website doesn't show anything and the Remington site cuts off the specifications tab

Bought the Maverick 88 at the sales price in Freehold today. Got there at 10:30 am and waited an hour and a half because they were under staffed. No one was waiting when I left around noon. I get to pick the shotgun up any time my paperwork clears. So no rush now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought the Maverick 88 at the sales price in Freehold today. Got there at 10:30 am and waited an hour and a half because they were under staffed. No one was waiting when I left around noon. I get to pick the shotgun up any time my paperwork clears. So no rush now.

Nice congrats! Awesome shotgun especially the price you got it for. I have one and like it alot. Enjoy it.