John3754

What handgun to get next...

I second the PPQ.

There's also 1911s, Glocks of various sizes and calibers, and hammer fired options like Sigs, FNs, and HKs.

When I buy a new gun, I like to buy something that's different than what I have already so I can expand my experience. If you already have a medium sized 9mm, try going with something different like a full sized metal gun in a different caliber.

Glocks are great for HD, but if you're looking for something more for target shooting, I'd try a 1911 (not that 1911s are bad for HD, I just wouldn't grab one from my night stand if given the option).

ppk (classic handgun that is accurate, reliable, small, and just cool)

1911 (everyone should own one, I do not however::((  )

PX4 (awesome handgun that is reliable, feels great for the shooter, simple, and accurate)

now for the creme de la creme, s&w performance center 8 shot revolver in 357....I plan on getting this in the summer

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765938_-1_775660_775655_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

I'll second that for the PX4. I love mine.

Always wanted a Walther p99 or PPQ. Don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on that purchase.

And then I'd say something with a 5" barrel. I've grown fond of shooting at 50 yds with my px4 compact hitting man-sized targets. I told my wife I needed at least an extra inch to do a better job and she agreed. :haha:

I'll second that for the PX4. I love mine.

Always wanted a Walther p99 or PPQ. Don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on that purchase.

And then I'd say something with a 5" barrel. I've grown fond of shooting at 50 yds with my px4 compact hitting man-sized targets. I told my wife I needed at least an extra inch to do a better job and she agreed. :haha:

PPQ 5" is out now.

NASGW13_09_WaltherPPQ_5s.jpg

I would say most likely a full-size S&W M&P 40 and a conversion  barrel, or either a Glock 22 or 23 w/ conversion barrel (and a 9mm conversion barrel).  The alternative would be a Ruger SP101 in .357 with a Hogue grip.  Alternatively a S&W 686 or Ruger GP100.

My last thought would be a CZ 75B.

It really depends on what you want to do with them.  Do you want another caliber or do you want to stick with 9mm?  I would highly suggest the CZ-75B (yea I am biased as I have two), but they are good reliable guns that are not too expensive.  They can be used in both USPSA and IDPA in several classifications, as they are double action / single action but can be used in single action only mode as well.  I like their trigger pull much better than Berettas and find them more accurate as well.  Everyone should have a 1911 style pistol in .45 acp as well.

The e STI Spartan or Trojan or just out is the new FNS 9/40L. I have been waiting for this for awhile but I am looking for a 625JM now so putting off the FNS/L until they make the low cap mags for the 9mm.

I have the Spartan and it is first rate and inexpensive for a 1911

I've become a fanboy of the Sig 226 classic. To me it's a wonder gun. It's a 22 that can be converted to a 9mm or 40 cal in a snap.

Eats everything I feed it. Quality made and from watching youtube takes a beating. That and my M&P shield 9mm kind of leave me covered for all I want to do.

Well my stainless pro Raptor has the bling end covered.LOL

I have a gen4 19 - 9 mm

Gen3 30s -45 cal

Gen4 23. -40 cal

I try to keep the same brand this way there's not to much diffrence in trigger or the feel of the weapon

When they come out with a Gen4 -30s I'll buy that

I'm also looking to get a 1911 just to have

I've become a fanboy of the Sig 226 classic. To me it's a wonder gun. It's a 22 that can be converted to a 9mm or 40 cal in a snap.

Eats everything I feed it. Quality made and from watching youtube takes a beating. That and my M&P shield 9mm kind of leave me covered for all I want to do.

Well my stainless pro Raptor has the bling end covered.LOL

gotta agree...great gun

oh and the cz....how did I leave that off

3 permits....nah, not nearly enough....lol

A 4" 357. 686 or GP100 would be my first choice. I'd also get a Taurus if price were an issue and the price was substantially less.

I would agree, and I have both in stock. :)

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1739-sw-686-revolver-357-magnum/

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1736-ruger-gp-100-stainless-5-barrel-357-magnum/

Or an alternate good choice:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/1738-colt-commander-1991-a1-45-acp/

In addition to the 686/GP100, this is my must have list:

·         Ruger 22/45 Lite .22LR

·         S&W 625-JM .45 ACP

·         Springfield 1911 Mil Spec .45 ACP

·         S&W Model 10 .38sp

·         Beretta 92FS/M9 9mm

·         Sig Sauer P226 Navy 9mm

·         Ruger Blackhawk .357/9mm

·         S&W TRR8 .357 Mag

·         Glock 26 9mm

·         Ruger SP101 .357 Mag

·         Ruger SR 1911 .45 ACP