deerpark

Here comes the snow (yet) again...

We're getting hit on Monday with a few inches, then again on Tuesday into Wednesday for some slop in the north up to 6 inches with ice, slop and rain in the central and south. Sat into Sunday another storm, probably another 2-4 but some models are showing a lot of moisture so the totals could be big.  It's still unknown at this time.

Again with the whiney weather blurbs? What the Frack! We have our own Tex Antoine weather guy? Geezus... I found a new place to get my f-ing weather. Geezus H Kerist! Really? You are like a bunch of old women! No news so lets belly ache about weather. The media is rubbing off on yaz!

(PS: Old timers know who I mean?)

:facepalm:

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Seriously. When I was a kid, no one gave a crap about this weather. We just did our thing. (Of course, no one could probably predict it worth a damn back them!)

Tex Antoine knew! ;)

But really.... The media is the same way... If there is no news, the talk for hours about an inch of snow and the sheeple listen to the idiots. Go get bread, milk and eggs! Oh, but it's for the children! We must save the children! Children my arse. They, like us when we were kids, prayed for snow so we could get out of school and go sledding. We left more blood in the snow running each over with our American Flyers while laughing our arses off and heading up the hill for more. A foot of snow was considered a flurry! Not a half inch that today constitutes school closings and a state of emergency.

So guys... Tell us how the snow fooked up your guns and maybe there will be more interest.

Ok, here's one. Few years ago, was trying to sight in my rifle at the 100 in CR and got hit with snow squalls that were so bad, it came down sideways and ruined the day. Whelp, there was another 15 bux in gas wasted!

Dangit! What a pain in the rectum. Rectum? Dang near killed um! Bahahaha! ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

I remember one trip at Cherry Ridge in the winter and it was so cold and the snow was blowing around that Matt's target stand disintegrated.  It literally blew into a pile of sticks and the cardboard blew down range.   Funniest thing I'd seen in a while.  Matt standing there about to a take a shot and boom...there goes the target.

Seriously. When I was a kid, no one gave a crap about this weather. We just did our thing. (Of course, no one could probably predict it worth a damn back them!)

THIS... WTF happened to everyones coping skills...like it hasnt snowed in the NE during winter for the last 200 years..like every other time it will snow..we dig out and move on

I remember one trip at Cherry Ridge in the winter and it was so cold and the snow was blowing around that Matt's target stand disintegrated. It literally blew into a pile of sticks and the cardboard blew down range. Funniest thing I'd seen in a while. Matt standing there about to a take a shot and boom...there goes the target.

Who?? Where???

I don't understand why people get anxious, nervous, worried, etc about the snow.  I could understand it if you just moved from Florida or Arizona and it was your first ever real snow storm.   But for people who have lived in the area their entire lives?

If it's supposed to snow, I'll wake up a little early so I can dig out the mess the plows left on the apron of my driveway and dig out my car if necessary.  If I can pull out without shoveling I'll wait until I get home to do it.  I then proceed (carefully) with the rest of my day.....what else is one supposed to do?  Worse case scenario you'll be snowed in for a day or two......and that has never happened to me once yet.

I don't understand why people get anxious, nervous, worried, etc about the snow.  I could understand it if you just moved from Florida or Arizona and it was your first ever real snow storm.   But for people who have lived in the area their entire lives?

If it's supposed to snow, I'll wake up a little early so I can dig out the mess the plows left on the apron of my driveway and dig out my car if necessary.  If I can pull out without shoveling I'll wait until I get home to do it.  I then proceed (carefully) with the rest of my day.....what else is one supposed to do?  Worse case scenario you'll be snowed in for a day or two......and that has never happened to me once yet.

For me, it's not so much the snow itself. It's knowing that my maint. fee is going to sky-rocket come July (start of the fiscal year for the association) due to the number of clearings they had to do. Also, maybe a little, the concern about being hit by other drivers. :(

Geez, don't stereotype me. You know nothing about me or my driving skills or style. I simply meant that given the typical conditions presented by this type of weather event, I will stand a better chance than the average driver.

Not just you.  ;)  EVERY G-D awd SUV driver out there.  Great, you got 4wd - good for you, you can "go" better than me.  Guess what folks, we all got 4ws (4 wheel stop).