45Doll

NJ.com Poll - Here we go again.

The poll question is irrelevant. NJ lawmakers to not have the power to reduc[e] the size of ammunition magazines from 15 to 10 rounds. This is said with the assumption that criminals and madmen will comply with the restriction and universally limit their magazines to ten rounds.

Done.  Good to see the numbers are very much parallel to the 1st poll, so far.

Not to sound stupid, but is NJ.com traditionally anti-gun?

Only on days that end in "y"

I always wonder if/how they track who links them...like if they see a bunch of clicks from njgunforums, if they just quickly bury the poll since the results won't follow their bias...

Only on days that end in "y"

I always wonder if/how they track who links them...like if they see a bunch of clicks from njgunforums, if they just quickly bury the poll since the results won't follow their bias...

Either by placing a cookie on your PC, or capturing your WAN IP or something like that.  It's one of several ways they can tell "you've already voted" and can't vote again. Now, can they tell your NJGF status or political affiliations? I'm not sure, unless they're also gauging the articles you read on nj.com and the like and, of course, if you actually create an account with them and log in (which I'd never do).

Either by placing a cookie on your PC, or capturing your WAN IP or something like that.  It's one of several ways they can tell "you've already voted" and can't vote again. Now, can they tell your NJGF status or political affiliations? I'm not sure, unless they're also gauging the articles you read on nj.com and the like and, of course, if you actually create an account with them and log in (which I'd never do).

They could do complex tracking stuff, but they likely don't when you click al ink on a page, the page it takes you to is told what url you arrived there from. So at the very least, copy and paste. 

If you haven't already sent an email, send another to the committee with a link to this poll reaffirming your position and showing you're not alone.  I'm going to be doing that this evening.  Might make them reconsider the fallout come next election.