njpilot

No Guns At Chipolte

Apparently the open carry folks in Texas started this:  http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chipotle-dont-bring-guns-stores-215921716--finance.html  Obviously it's a moot point in this state, but now I can't patronize their stores.  Hopefully they've got a sign that prohibits prayer before meals in their stores...

revenge-of-the-nerds.gif

Why did a group show up with AR's?  Was it to make a political statement?  If that was the point i guess it worked.

Yeah, Steve, unfortunately they seem to do this pretty regularly and seem to get a similar reaction.

Don't know if the just stopped to eat on their way to a rally or planned it for this location.

I look at it a simple way.... and yes its very simple.... Chipolte is a private owned chain.. If they want to not allow guns then thats there right.... gun owners can choose not to spend money with them...

another question i would ask is Why did that group need to make a point in bringing rifles into that store.... all they did was get guns banned.. I understand it might be legal to do so and i understand the point they might have been trying to make. but for the life of me i dont see the sense in staging that as the end result is a Ban.

Moms demad action are a bunch of idiots BUT the average person on the street even those without a strong view on guns would say those people carrying those rifles are crazy, Loons etc etc. I dont know why gun owners have to spend so much time giving the other side fuel to use on us.

Yeah, Steve, unfortunately they seem to do this pretty regularly and seem to get a similar reaction.

Don't know if the just stopped to eat on their way to a rally or planned it for this location.

You know what we as gun owners need to think a little more before we work on political games....   We always end up the losers

I look at it a simple way.... and yes its very simple.... Chipolte is a private owned chain.. If they want to not allow guns then thats there right.... gun owners can choose not to spend money with them...

another question i would ask is Why did that group need to make a point in bringing rifles into that store.... all they did was get guns banned.. I understand it might be legal to do so and i understand the point they might have been trying to make. but for the life of me i dont see the sense in staging that as the end result is a Ban.

Moms demad action are a bunch of idiots BUT the average person on the street even those without a strong view on guns would say those people carrying those rifles are crazy, Loons etc etc. I dont know why gun owners have to spend so much time giving the other side fuel to use on us.

Yep. Pretty much agree 100%

I've seen groups do this for "political" purposes.

There is this group  "Open Carry Chicks...." that purposely film confrontations with police -   Open Carry Chicks in Missouri

No arrests, that we could see.  But the tension was rather high.   An interesting risk/benefit calculation to say the least.... :dontknow:

After this stunt.. I can't say that I could be angry with the stores decision. How could this not be intimidating to its patrons? Let's face it.. It's not everyday that you see anyone openly parading around with AR15's. This isn't the Afganistan or downtown Falujia that we are talking about. It's the USA. I understand the right, but I don't understand the need.

Fucking OC people, they're worse than the Anti-gun creeps.

This. The OC crowd wanted to show off their guns in the misguided thought that their approach will win over people who are on the fence about guns. You don't teach someone to swim by going a mile off shore and throwing them overboard. As I see it, the OCers painted Chipotle into a corner and MDA exploited that. I won't penalize Chipotle for their decision and will continue to carry a concealed firearm when I'm there as I always have.

This. The OC crowd wanted to show off their guns in the misguided thought that their approach will win over people who are on the fence about guns. You don't teach someone to swim by going a mile off shore and throwing them overboard. As I see it, the OCers painted Chipotle into a corner and MDA exploited that. I won't penalize Chipotle for their decision and will continue to carry a concealed firearm when I'm there as I always have.

I definitely understand their reasoning and spirit. But the problem is the media will take that and spin it in the most anti-gun way possible. All we'll see are the "big black scary guns" and nothing else.

We really have to be more careful with our public image.

F those morons carrying AR-15's into a Chipotle.  If that's what OC means, I'm against OC.  I walk into a store with two crazy looking guys holding AR's I'm walking out. 

Did you see the pictures of those aholes?  The one guy is holding the rifle up, hand along the trigger guard, slack in his sling, while grinning.  Actually, it's pretty amazing that no one shot him, because he sure looks like a mass murderer to me, and I like guns.

These guys have done more harm to your rights than any left-winger this week.  F them.

I'm eating lunch at Chipotle today.

14043216877_e782fe7074_b.jpg

F those morons carrying AR-15's into a Chipotle.  If that's what OC means, I'm against OC.  I walk into a store with two crazy looking guys holding AR's I'm walking out. 

Did you see the pictures of those aholes?  The one guy is holding the rifle up, hand along the trigger guard, slack in his sling, while grinning.  Actually, it's pretty amazing that no one shot him, because he sure looks like a mass murderer to me, and I like guns.

These guys have done more harm to your rights than any left-winger this week.  F them.

Hadn't seen the pics.

100% correct Melg. These guys are asshats and should be chastised by the gun community.

As BLF said, OC'ing with a holstered pistol is one thing. These guys definitely hurt gun owners and gun rights advocates.

I don't like when private businesses ban carry, but in this case, it may be a little less egregious.

Oh, and for those of you saying you won't go there anymore, make sure you email them and tell them.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Use the online form to. Be sure to be nice, tell them you saw a pic of those idiots and it's a shame they got caught up in this. But you can't go to a place that bans guns.

Chipolte didn't ban guns.  They didn't put up signs saying firearms not allowed.

They issued a statement saying they would prefer their customers didn't bring them in, same as Starbucks did:

...Because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants

my emphasis added.

First lemmi say Big Boy should thank them for banning him, They might have saved his life and little guy needs a shorter rifle as he looks plain stupid carrying a broomstick.