Teky0101

Bass Pro - Indoor Range?

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has been down to the AC Bass Pro Shop? I saw on their website that they have an indoor range. Does anyone know if the range is open yet and if so what are their prices and rules? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Did you try calling them?

Facebook Page for updates

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bass-Pro-Shops-Atlantic-City-NJ/1604398129778957

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/bass-pro-shops-prepares-to-open-in-atlantic-city-in/article_0c6318d6-b880-11e4-b2b1-0b56d82c5b9d.html

Something I found interesting:

Bass Pro Shop customers who spend $50 or more in the store will be able to park for free. Those buying at least $25 of merchandise will be charged a $3 parking fee. Shoppers who are under the $25 threshold will be charged market rates for parking, which will fluctuate depending on the time of year.

Bass Pro Shops is said to be the first retailer in Atlantic City to sell firearms, including handguns, rifles and shotguns. It will also have an indoor pistol range, which is sealed off from the rest of the store. Clements said there will be strict security procedures for all firearms, including locks and mechanical bars to safely store them away.

Firearms being carried through the store en route to the pistol range will have to be equipped with trigger locks. Only people who possess a New Jersey firearms permit will be able to use the pistol range, which will be managed by two retired police officers, Clements said.

Parking rates dependent on how much you're spending? Trigger Locks? Firearms permit to use the range?

The parking thing is probably because of the summer crowd. 

A LOT of folks head to Atlantic City for the day during the summer, and if they didn't charge, their parking lot would quickly fill-up for the day with mini-vans packed with shoobies....they'd run thru the store, buy nothing, and leave their car there for 12 hours while they walked the AC boardwalk.

I work right outside of AC I am not sure when I am going to head over there, I am thinking the first week or so is going to be a zoo. I think they are having the Grand Opening/ Ribbon cutting tonight @ 1800, seems kind of odd time to open.

Did you try calling them?

Facebook Page for updates

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bass-Pro-Shops-Atlantic-City-NJ/1604398129778957

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/bass-pro-shops-prepares-to-open-in-atlantic-city-in/article_0c6318d6-b880-11e4-b2b1-0b56d82c5b9d.html

Something I found interesting:

Parking rates dependent on how much you're spending? Trigger Locks? Firearms permit to use the range?

Do they mean a FPID card? Or a pistol cary permit? If it's the latter I have a feeling that range will be pretty empty most of the time.

And Harrisburg has

Completely useless to me. If I'm going to drive 2.5 hours to go to bass pro it's not going to be the one in the ghetto. Harrisburg is just as far.

Or Hamburg, or Delaware. And free parking.

And what the heck is a new jersey firearms permit?

I was there today. The range is not opening tomorrow, they still have some paperwork to handle, but they expect it to be open within a week. 5 lane, 25 yards. $200/yr for unlimited usage or $16 per/hr with no membership. FID is required. Don't know why.

Most people going to AC are staying at a hotel, or going for the day to gamble and back home. How exactly is that supposed to work to make a "stop at the range" while you're there? 

What makes you think that is why they put the range in? It also has no rentals, so it kind of goes without saying that you would have to have a FID card anyway to bring your gun there.

What if you come in with a friend who has no FPID and wants to shoot your guns?  Anyway, let's not forget that this is one of the stores that won't ship ammo to NJ!!!

What if you come in with a friend who has no FPID and wants to shoot your guns? Anyway, let's not forget that this is one of the stores that won't ship ammo to NJ!!!

I don't know. I don't imagine many people would pass up a closer range to go there, but for those living nearby, it could "scratch that itch" once in a while.

So if your paying for parking does that cover the theft of autos and items from the scumbags in that area? Just saying......

Make sure you have a good (really good) insurance policy.

Completely useless to me. If I'm going to drive 2.5 hours to go to bass pro it's not going to be the one in the ghetto. Harrisburg is just as far.

I'm 10 minutes from it and didn't bother going for the grand opening, I value my car and personal safety...The one in Harrisburg is nice.

THE parking charge will keep me from ever shopping there.

I'm not paying a parking fee based on how much I spend. Park somewhere else and walk (but secure the car like Ft. Knox).

What if you come in with a friend who has no FPID and wants to shoot your guns?  Anyway, let's not forget that this is one of the stores that won't ship ammo to NJ!!!

End up being turned away?

And they still won't ship ammo to NJ...why drive into the ghetto to grab ammo when you can shop online from somewhere else.

I still don't understand the point of the range. Most people in AC are going for vacation, which is what I'd assume Bass is hoping most of their shoppers are. People that'll spend money while on vacation or w/e. But, how is a vacationer supposed to bring their handgun to AC, stay in a hotel and go shoot at one of their ports?

I still don't understand the point of the range. Most people in AC are going for vacation, which is what I'd assume Bass is hoping most of their shoppers are. People that'll spend money while on vacation or w/e. But, how is a vacationer supposed to bring their handgun to AC, stay in a hotel and go shoot at one of their ports?

And even if it was legal I wonder how many hotels in AC have a policy prohibiting weapons?

If this is supposed to attract SJ residents it's not going to work, $200 a year plus parking? no way would anyone pay that for a pistol range.

Personally, after visiting Cabella's in Christiana, DE this past weekend...  I have no interested in a Bass Pro anymore.  Cabella's is a gun store on effing steroids... and no sales tax in DE.  They have American Eagle 5.56 20-boxes on sale for $6.99.  I bought 15.  I was more than tempted to buy some 30-round mags too... hehehe...  But I didn't.  I hate new jersey.  So bad.  So, so bad.

But as far as the concept of an indoor range in a bass pro in Atlantic City of all places...  Meh, no interest what-so-ever.  Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

I went to Bass pro last week, not a bad place if you take the AC expressway you can get in and out without having to really deal with crap hole of AC. They did have plenty of 22lr in stock one box limit on bulk packs though, parking was free because I was in and out within an hour or if you spend $50 or more. I have no intension of using their range, I am not allowed to bring any firearms to work. I didn't get a chance to check out the gun selection, from what I saw they had mostly long guns with a few pistols (shooters has a better selection).

Sent from my XT1080

I was there today. The range is not opening tomorrow, they still have some paperwork to handle, but they expect it to be open within a week. 5 lane, 25 yards. $200/yr for unlimited usage or $16 per/hr with no membership. FID is required. Don't know why.

Don't know why?  I'll tell you why:  GANG BANGERS!

They don't rent guns and don't need the trash that wants to rent guns in the HOOD.  It's a different business model than what you kidz are used to seeing, but it will work.  Plenty of guys like me who hate to gamble but have spouses that LOVE to go to AC.  Here's the perfect Day Trip:  Head to AC with my spouse and some friends in my trunk.  Drop the wife off at a Casio of her choosing, then head over to this store/range for a few hours.  Pack up, pick up the wife and drive to a restaurant for dinner cause I'm gettin' the diabetic shakes and need to stop for a meal before I drive into a ditch (a reasonable deviation if there ever was one IMHO)!  Light up my stogie and head for North jersey, with my dirty and unloaded hand guns in the trunk.  For $16 an hour it's quite do-able.  A 5-port range is for the convenience of the store's regular customers, NOT for tourists like those in LV lookin' for MG action, lol!  It will be filled on the weekends and give locals a place to go during the week.  

Like I said, you kids that rely on rented guns won't understand how this range can exist, but it will do just fine! 

Don't know why?  I'll tell you why:  GANG BANGERS!

They don't rent guns and don't need the trash that wants to rent guns in the HOOD.  It's a different business model than what you kidz are used to seeing, but it will work.  Plenty of guys like me who hate to gamble but have spouses that LOVE to go to AC.  Here's the perfect Day Trip:  Head to AC with my spouse and some friends in my trunk.  Drop the wife off at a Casio of her choosing, then head over to this store/range for a few hours.  Pack up, pick up the wife and drive to a restaurant for dinner cause I'm gettin' the diabetic shakes and need to stop for a meal before I drive into a ditch (a reasonable deviation if there ever was one IMHO)!  Light up my stogie and head for North jersey, with my dirty and unloaded hand guns in the trunk.  For $16 an hour it's quite do-able.  A 5-port range is for the convenience of the store's regular customers, NOT for tourists like those in LV lookin' for MG action, lol!  It will be filled on the weekends and give locals a place to go during the week.  

Like I said, you kids that rely on rented guns won't understand how this range can exist, but it will do just fine!

You make your wife ride in the trunk?