Newtonian

Anyone know anything about this organization (CNJFO)?

Probably another pop up, We can fix NJ gun Law group.   Always remember, Donations will fix our laws in NJ.

Just ask the NRA the next time they call you for more money.

If your going to donate, Then donate to the groups that have roots in NJ and do try to do something.

https://www.facebook.com/cnjfo

https://twitter.com/cnjfo

This was really their first call to action:

http://www.justifiableneed.com/action/

As for having their "hands out" for your money, consider this and see whether you feel that you might want to see one of these on a road near you:

http://www.justifiableneed.com/billboards/

About:
The purpose of the Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO) is to share and explore new ideas in order to educate fellow citizens on the importance of safe and responsible firearm ownership, and to expand the rights of all law-abiding New Jersey citizens.

Information from their facebook page:

We are no longer just a facebook page. CNJFO is now officially chartered as a nonprofit corporation and we are open for business.

Our purpose is simple...we want to end justifiable need in New Jersey. We plan to do it by taking the conversation outside the traditional 2A community through outreach, education and engagement. We want every citizen to be aware of justifiable need and how it deprives them of their right to choose how to protect themselves and their family.

Please help us by joining or donating today.

Thank you
CNJFO Board of Trustees

They are you, not politicians, not some untouchables, and solicit comment.  No BS.  This organization was setup with bylaws, articles of incorporation, and had those articles of incorporation executed before the first member was solicited.

Full disclosure, I am involved in the organization.  Even as a mod here on NJGF, I don't have access to your email addresses.

I'm the Vice President of this new 2A Organization.  Our goal is to end "Justifiable Need" as we all know it.  To this end we have been tireless in our efforts to establish ourselves.  We formed a corporation with bylaws so we'd be 1000% legit from the get-go!  We are currently seeking both members & committee people.  Admittedly we've spent lots more time on www.JustifiableNeed.com (our billboard project) than the web page for the "master corporation".  It's called growing pains.  Eventually we'd like to get billboards up aimed at Soccer Moms informing them it's their RIGHT to chose how to protect their kids and families outside of their homes, and that the government should get out of the way!  The next step would be to get a Reporter with an ENG crew in front of a billboard (a-la the Shaneen Allen billboard that worked so well).  Splash it on social media and watch the entire thing take-off!

We're not a Johnny-come-lately or here to suck you dry.  We have a different "angle" on things, one that ties-in to what NJ2AS is doing as well as some other groups.  Ours is trying to get the "undecideds" to understand us and help us to help themselves.  So please join us and please spread the good word.  Folks like Anthony Colandro are backing us.  Together with his help and YOURS, we will build a better mousetrap, take some of the politics out of the 2A scene and concentrate on informing the public of what "could be".  The Independents and undecideds don't want pure politics.  They need FACTS if their vote is to be swayed.  We're here to provide those facts, establish leadership that will always have your support and welcome folks as members of something they can be PROUD of.  A coalition of Patriots that are gun owners.  We want to inform gays, democrats that some here would consider Fudds, minorities, etc. what "could be" if we worked together for a common goal and actually put some of the politics aside.  That doesn't mean we're not for what's going on currently.  On the contrary, we as individuals fully support the movement, the protests, etc. that have got us all to this juncture.  As a Non-Profit Corp. legally we can't lobby for votes or legislation.  That doesn't mean we can't issue an opinion, an op-ed, or "suggest" that our membership help with certain projects that run concurrently with our timeline.

We didn't wish to email or announce our official presence during the Sweeney protests, as we didn't wish to distract any energy from what NJ2AS is doing.  We even told Anthony that it would be better for Alexander to have all of the limelight for the entire month of June.  But that doesn't mean we sat idly by and watched.  On the contrary, our Executive Team has been re-posting and spreading the word letting folks know where they can volunteer to make a difference.

The Executive Committee and I wish you all a happy and SAFE 4th of July!

For the Committee,

David J. "Rosey" Rosenthal,

VP and Secretary 

legit group run by active NJ 2A guys and some former NJ2AS board members etc....

Matt, Rosie and company are all good people.

i understand that. it's not the who, but rather the how. i thought i would be safe from unsolicited stuff here. that's the only reason i put my real email. i get enough spam without my email addy getting put into other systems. this could well explain the sudden increase in spam as of late.......

Smokin50 from here on the forum is listed as an officer of the organization, maybe he can give you the lowdown.

Thanks for the clarification. I received the email as well, and thought it was yet another new entity, not realizing that it's Rosie's group.

i understand that. it's not the who, but rather the how. i thought i would be safe from unsolicited stuff here. that's the only reason i put my real email. i get enough spam without my email addy getting put into other systems. this could well explain the sudden increase in spam as of late.......

+! WTF.

I didn't get an email so obviously it wasn't fished from the forum..the moderators should not have direct access to email addresses.. hopefully there is a little clarification on this so everyone can put their eye back on the prize instead of what appears to be developing to infighting.

I didn't get an email so obviously it wasn't fished from the forum..the moderators should not have direct access to email addresses.. hopefully there is a little clarification on this so everyone can put their eye back on the prise instead of what appears to be developing to infighting.

thanks for reminding me. just went and changed from my real email addy to one i check once in a blue moon.

Guys,

We paid a direct marketing firm to find emails with key words.  Guns, ammo, hunting, etc.  So THAT's the how............  Sorry if it comes as a shock.  We're just trying to make the biggest splash possible.

Now please stop worrying and please help us.  

If anybody wishes to be taken off our list, just let us know.  We hope to help NJ get CCW by eliminating "Justifiable Need".  We need to keep as many folks informed of our progress as possible to garner the maximum benefit, so please let us keep you informed.  It's much easier to do with with emails than to have to answer several questions per hour in multiple forums.

We appreciate all of your help and consideration. 

Sincerely,

Rosey