Zeke

Enlighten me on the px4

Px4 is a great gun.  Compared to the M9 it's lighter.  The rotating barrel helps with recoil.

M9/M92 comes with 15 round mags out of the box.  Px4 9mm you'll probably get it with 10 round mags, though 15 rounders are available.

Mine came with 2 15s and Beretta even makes 17s for it. I got a nice green laser, Crimson Trace for it when I bought the pistol.

Bro, I like you. But, you brought absolutely nothing to the table here.

If you do what I said you will have two new guns in the household instead of one. If you want to sour your wife on shooting get the px4 "for her". Be a sport and buy her the M9 as that is what she likes.

I'm not sure which one she wants now.

If you like the rotating barrel of the PX4... and want full size, I would look at the CAI imports of the Grand Power guns.  Cheaper too, and full fledged improved CZ clones.  Quite popular in europe and the go to gun for many shooters in Russia.

Let you wife buy whatever guns she wants, your life will be better. Also, this day an age there are no bad guns, so while I think the  92 is relic of the 1930's(see Beretta 1934) with it external moving parts like a steam train, there is nothing wrong with it.

The PX4 does come in a "tactical" extended barrel format, that's kinda cool and I've liked their rotating barrel since the first time I shot a Cougar in 45 and felt softer then a 9mm.

Let you wife buy whatever guns she wants, your life will be better. Also, this day an age there are no bad guns, so while I think the 92 is relic of the 1930's(see Beretta 1934) with it external moving parts like a steam train, there is nothing wrong with it.

The PX4 does come in a "tactical" extended barrel format, that's kinda cool and I've liked their rotating barrel since the first time I shot a Cougar in 45 and felt softer then a 9mm.

+1000000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 series is big and heavy.

PX4 is lighter, and somewhat more compact. Plus, you have a few different variations with caliber and size.

Either one will work. I have a 92 Inox Brigadier, which is thicker and even more heavier... but I won't ever sell it. I also have a full size 9mm PX4 (converted to G) that has a few 15 rounders with it. Won't sell that, either.

I think the underlying reason for my PX4 is having a CX4. I originally had it setup to take 92 magazines, but when I got the PX4, I got the parts to use those in it. Majority of the time, I run it with PX4 magazines. I just like having options.

I did have a .45 PX4, but traded it. Wasn't a bad gun, but just didn't have a need/use for it.

I have three PX4s, two full size and one compact, all in .40.

Great guns, fun to shoot.  The rotating barrel really mitigates felt  recoil.  I've been told that the PX4 .40 full size feels like you're shooting a 9mm Glock.

I'm a fan of the 92 series as well and it's just a completely different experience.  I feel like I shoot the 92 more accurately than the PX4 but that could also be due to the difference in caliber.

92 series is big and heavy.

PX4 is lighter, and somewhat more compact. Plus, you have a few different variations with caliber and size.

Either one will work. I have a 92 Inox Brigadier, which is thicker and even more heavier... but I won't ever sell it. I also have a full size 9mm PX4 (converted to G) that has a few 15 rounders with it. Won't sell that, either.

I think the underlying reason for my PX4 is having a CX4. I originally had it setup to take 92 magazines, but when I got the PX4, I got the parts to use those in it. Majority of the time, I run it with PX4 magazines. I just like having options.

I did have a .45 PX4, but traded it. Wasn't a bad gun, but just didn't have a need/use for it.

.and the 92Fs was the gun I learned to shoot on.

I think the PX4 is a completely different animal. 

A number of reasons to go with a 92fs

1. Heritage

2. Design that works

3. Plenty of experience with the gun and support for it.

4. All metal hunk of steel.

the PX4 doesn't really have heritage.

What it is, at least to me is a futuristic looking gun, made to compete in the plastic fantastic category.

What really sets it apart is the rotating barrel design, and some folks just might not care about it.  In which case, you are left with, as you said, comparability with the CX carbine series... but I would of looked for one that used 92Fs mags.

The ergonomics on the PX4 are good, and it shoots fine... but it just doesn't give me that tingly feeling, or the desire that I MUST have one.

If you want a hammer fired DA/SA plastic gun, look at the HK P30L.  Yes, more money, but if you buy gently used, you will get all that money back in a sale.  Amazing ergonomics and incredibly reliable.

But overall, it is a really solid gun, just a tad light and plasticky for my tastes. My wife actually likes a heavier gun too. The grip angle and grip overall is very nice on here.

Thank you.

I think her next rental trip should be with her, her gf the new shooter I just introduced, and her other gf that's wants to be a shooter. I'm not playing the shoe shopping game. She'll figure it out. Her permits took 1/2 the time . Lol, go figure

Now that I think about it... the first time I took my wife to shoot, out of all the guns, she liked my first gen, Springfield XD 45 Gap compact.  Go figure. 

I don't like glocks, I shoot them well, but I still have 2 of them. lol.  Guns really are like shoes... you don't pick just on pair.

There will be a few that just absolutely do nothing for your.... (Ruger & Taurus Semi Autos for me,), but you will have plenty that you don't really love, but you don't mind having.... (Sigs, Glocks, S&W, Walthers), and a few you just have to have... (HK, CZ, 1911s).

Alex and Ted, what's the size difference between compact and full?

Mine is the subcompact, size difference between that and my full size is quite a bit. Can't get my pinky on the grip at all but it still is easy to shoot. Uses a double stack 10 round mag so it's as thick as the full size. Shorter grip and barrel make for much easier concealed carry.