Krdshrk

NJ Stun Gun law ruled Unconstitutional

I will be buying a Taser Pulse sooner than later. As far as I know, the law was changed Sunday when the period for public comment ended without any additional changes. 

Attached is a memo I just found on the net from the AG, sent on Sunday:

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/New-Jersey-stun-gun.pdf

8 minutes ago, MacDan said:

I will be buying a Taser Pulse sooner than later. As far as I know, the law was changed Sunday when the period for public comment ended without any additional changes. 

Attached is a memo I just found on the net from the AG, sent on Sunday:

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/New-Jersey-stun-gun.pdf

That's the same memo linked earlier in the topic.

There's a site that's already shipping to NJ too if you wanna buy the pulse now.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, Krdshrk said:

There's a site that's already shipping to NJ too if you wanna buy the pulse now.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:40 PM, Krdshrk said:

I will be carrying this, in a owb holster and will have a copy of this letter on me at all times. Too Many LEO's will NOT be familiar with this new law...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Cool. I couldn't load the old pages so I didn't see it! I am looking around, part of me is worried they might to pass laws preventing carry though. 

2 minutes ago, MacDan said:

Cool. I couldn't load the old pages so I didn't see it! I am looking around, part of me is worried they might to pass laws preventing carry though. 

SCOTUS was pretty clear in its decision, imho

Btw forum vendor @PK90 has them for sale... jus sayen 

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

pk90's got em too.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

So who's going to be the first test case to open carry in a holster in NJ?:

A1Y5LSmbEOL._SL1500_.jpg

is that the holster they come with?? :)

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

That’s not an answer 

Because we can, according to the law. The right to personal defense in NJ  has been prohibited forever. I plan on getting one for my wife and daughters too.

What are you in fear of, the police?

28 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Because we can, according to the law. The right to personal defense in NJ  has been prohibited forever. I plan on getting one for my wife and daughters too.

Some of you need to learn “ fight the enemy where they are not”

@GRIZ

why create a public nuisance. It’s a tool, use it according. Why bill board” look at me... look at me”. That’s jus dumb 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MacDan said:

I’m looking at the IWB holdster that looks like that one. If I go through with this. 

i'm def. getting one. i may or may not carry it on my person. i cannot confirm nor can i deny if i will or will not be carrying it. should i carry it no one will ever know it though. 'cept the badguy.

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

i'll be picking one up for mom, and possibly for my aunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carl_g said:

So how do these things work? If you are lucky enough to hit the bad guy with the tazer? Do you shock them then run like hell? 

95% of the time, when you just unholster it, the BG runs away.  If that doesn't work, then you point and shoot.  Both barbed probes shoot out at the same time, the top probe will go where the laser light is, the bottom probe will hit lower.  It delivers a 30 second impulse.  After the initial impulse, you can pull the trigger again and deliver a longer continuous pulse.

after the pods have been shot, the "barrel" can still be used like a hand held stun gun.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

95% of the time, when you just unholster it, the BG runs away.  If that doesn't work, then you point and shoot.  The first shot gives a 30 second jolt, the second shot also gives a 30 second jolt and can deliver additional jolts with a pull of the trigger.  When both pods have been shot, the "barrel" can still be used like a hand held stun gun.

This has lots of not quite correct info in it and one blatantly false presumption. I’m leaving for work now but I’ll explain more later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

This has lots of not quite correct info in it and one blatantly false presumption. I’m leaving for work now but I’ll explain more later. 

What are you talking about.  I watched a youtube video, I'm an expert now..  Yeah, The first video I watched didn't make it clear that both probes are shot out at the same time.  Made it seem like it was a two shot proposition.

Interesting thing I learned.  When you shoot the taser, confetti comes out.  The confetti is stamped with a cartridge ID so LE can track who pulled the trigger.

Here's another youtube vid, more informative than the first one I watched.  Lots of slo-mo action.

• Like 1