High Exposure

VBIED Last Night in Allentown - Multiple Fatalities

On 9/30/2018 at 10:19 AM, Zeke said:

Doesn’t cooking meth sometimes blow up? 

My thought too, but looking up meth lab explosions, there are some of mobile car based labs and they look like slightly energetic car fires. 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, Sniper22 said:

At this point, they would have a pretty good idea what caused the explosion. That is usually revealed or speculated in the early hours. Obviously, there is more to the story then it being a fuel leak or something similar...

Imagine that....

...." ALLENTOWN, Pa. (CBS/AP) — Authorities revealed Thursday that a man intentionally caused a car explosion that killed three people, including his toddler son, in a murder-suicide in Allentown last Saturday night.

“This was an intentional act by Jacob Schmoyer,” said Robinson.

Officials say Schmoyer had the explosive device in the front console, and his 2-year-old son in the back seat, when he lured Hallman to get in the car. He then detonated the homemade explosive device."

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/10/04/authorities-man-sent-letters-before-allentown-car-blast-that-killed-3/

b57da844ae0e40f2facec1740a31bf56-christm

• Like 1

When I first stared reading this thread I was trying to think where in Allentown this took place. Later on I saw it was in Allentown PA. Being this is a NJ Gun Forum I was thinking of Allentown, NJ, where I went to high school............

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-allentown-explosion-atf-findings-20181004-story.html

"The means was a homemade bomb made of two legally obtainable chemicals."

Could be a number of things. Can't find what they were but to do the damage he did, it had to be a legit cocktail.