Maksim

Let see those Rimfires. =P

Ken, your photography is awesome, wish you could have done our wedding. The guy that shot it was a major j/o :cry: Our video sucked a**, and the pics were somewhat o.k., your work looks to be top notch though!

Thanks for the compliment, Mike.

Now, if only I could find some of unloco's models, that wouldn't suck.

Cool. I have a CZ Varmint in 17HM2. I have it sighted at 100 yards because that round doesn't have the range its big brother does. It's a fun gun, and cheap to shoot.

For long distance, I have my 204 Ruger.

This is my S&W M&P 15-22 , with a bunch of new additions.

Mostly Magpul, got on a Magpul kick one night about a month ago...

Magpul BUIS in OD Green

Magpul MOE Stock in OD Green

Magpul Angled Foregrip in OD Green

Magpul XTM Rail Covers

NcStar D4B Reflex Red Dot

I'd like to do some more but that's about all I can afford now, I'd say that bad boy's done for a long while. I really would like to get a Magpul stock but... here's the deal. Magpul says, can't do it on compliant version, don't do it. S&W guy said not only can it be done, he did it, but used a different brand of stock other than Magpul and was very careful. I'm not at all capable of it so I'd be shelling out somewhere between $70-$130 depending on Magpul model of stock, then whatever I'd be charged if/when I found someone to do it. So it's back burner. I'd also like a better optic but, two schools of thought, I already spent the $65 on it, what's wrong with it, and it is only a .22, what would I really do with a ACOG/Aimpoint/EOTech on it, really? Love it have one but again, when is enough enough?

Anyway just thought I'd share my "new and improved" 15-22

img0301m.th.jpg

img0300fh.th.jpg

img0299y.th.jpg

img0298x.th.jpg

img0297l.th.jpg

img0296r.th.jpg

VERY BIG THANKS to kenw for the photo help/expertise... I am very grateful.

And hope you dig my rifle, I have built up a nice "portfolio" of "Guns" but have run out of "Gun money" . .. LOL.. and as much as I would LOVE to have Bruce Willis's M4A1 SOPMOD from "Tears of the Sun", maybe even a Colt MT6400C or even S&W M&P 15... I am settling for my customized S&W M&P 15-22 SCRAPMOD.

Hey Scrap, our 15-22's look pretty similar! haha! :mrgreen:

I have a Magpul MOE stock on mine. LOVE it. Had it installed and pinned by a smith.

Here's a quick pic -

IMG_0422.jpg

Hey Lex, how are you getting away with the collapsible stock on your 15-22, is it pinned?

I have a Magpul MOE stock on mine. LOVE it. Had it installed and pinned by a smith.

Hey Lex, how are you getting away with the collapsible stock on your 15-22, is it pinned?

Hi Matt.. The awesome picture I posted must've distracted you from what I wrote in my post.. ;)

Send me a PM if you want to know where I got it done.

Hi Matt.. The awesome picture I posted must've distracted you from what I wrote in my post.. ;)

Send me a PM if you want to know where I got it done.

Oops reading comprehension fail. Ive seen that picture of yours a bunch of times so I didn't read! looks great as usual

lex I noticed a couple of things that I am taking from your pics, thank you.

First off, I noticed right away one pack of XTM rail covers doesn't damn cover one side of the 15-22 rail like they told me, so I would up with full sides, a few on top, and nothing on bottom. I would have been smart to skip a rail notch here and there like you!

also, I wanted to make a "Random Digital Camo pattern" so I threw all 4 packs on a box, shook up, and just grabbed pieces. And it resulted in a predictable looking pattern. But that's okay, it was random to me.

Also, I would be interested to know how to get the stock done, thank you much!

and looking good as well BTW, looking good.

Ready Aim Fire told me today that my 15-22 was the "coolest, baddest ass AR I've ever seen... " and the other guy "MAAAN! LEMME HAVE A LOOK AT THAT! " and he was gonna help adjust my red dot sight, alas, no allen wrench that fit.. and he says "MAN, Brotha, you put an Aimpoint on this, or maybe an EOTech or Trijicon, WOW! LOOKOUT! IMAGINE THIS WITH AN ACOG! "

Yeah he even got me excited.

Except I am now poor, so no optical upgrades forthwith. NcStar woohoo!

;0)

had some rimfire fun today at the range (even thou it was a scorcher) with my father in law. snapped some pics...

the S&W m&p 15-22 is my newest toy. mods include:

houge grip

j&p reduced trigger spring kit

magpul xtm rail covers and forward vertical grip

using open sights for now but have a leapers bug buster scope just waiting on a riser

rrages 15 rnd mags

IMG_2341.jpg

Ruger mark3 6 7/8 hunter target talo edition (talo grips not pictured)

houge grip

square notch rear sight blade

volquartsen target sear

volquartsen ti disconnector

loaded chamber indicator blade removed

mag saftey removed and hammer bushing replaced

volquartsen spring loaded mag ejector

volquartsen extended mag release

volquartsen oversized bolt stop lever

IMG_2343smudge.jpg

Ruger 10/22 target

houge overmolded stock

volquartsen bolt release

volquartsen buffer

volquartsen bolt handle

BSA sweet 22 6-18x scope

planning to replace the hammer w/a volq target hammer and a fluted barrrel in the near future

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

Walther p22

stock except for a factory laser

brought it along but didnt get a chance to use it today

IMG_2349.jpg

Here's my little collection.

Savage Pump, Model 20 I believe. It was my Great Great Grandfather's from the 1920's.

DSC01167-1.jpg

CZ 452 Trainer. My first acquisition.

DSC01157.jpg

CZ 452 American with a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40mm AO.

DSC01163-1.jpg

1968 10/22 Finger Groove purchased used at a local dealer with an 80's Leupold Vari-X II.

DSC01330.jpg

I hope to build an Armalite 15 in .22 soon.

Dredging this thread back up as I have a new addition that is finally camera worthy.

I have joined the score of 15-22 owners:

photo-11.jpg

I ordered the CA Compliant version (# 811032), and had TJ pin the stock. This version also comes with the 10-round magazine.

I replaced the stock sights with a Magpul MBUS set I had laying around after I scrapped a previous project, and also had matching FDE rail guards and a cheap FDE sling adapter/sling. Otherwise, everything else is stock, and I don't see myself doing much else to it.

Still need to zero it, and hopefully I'll have the opportunity in the next weekend or two.

I believe the gun itself was about $410. Buckmarks can be hard to find since they have something like 25 different model variants and Browning makes them in batches throughout the year. Shore shot couldn't source one, Bud's didn't have any and people on GB were gouging--it was a certainly a sellers market for those. The place i actually found it at (Effingers) happened to have one in stock and they're not known for thier competitive pricing but they did give me cost on a few extra mags and a free box of MiniMags so i suppose can't complain.