Maksim

Let see those Rimfires. =P

I wanted something different in an autoloader, didn't want a tube feed, and basically didn't want a 10/22, just because I wanted something different. So I went with the Remington 597 HB (scoped combo). First long gun, first rimfire, off to the range now to see what it can do.

New scope and bipod in the future plans:

PICT1060-1_zpsc536ac0c.jpg

PICT1058-1_zps466dc037.jpg

PICT1059-1_zpsd0da4f12.jpg

PICT1061-1_zpsfbfa8e48.jpg

Hey congratulations, I also went with a 597 as my first long gun/first rimfire myself. I didn't want a 10/22. Still don't. If you have some extra money, you *REALLY REALLY* want to invest in the Volquartsen Extractor and Target Hammer. in 2010 it was $20 and $40, respectively. They make THE WORLD of difference in the rifle. Unbelievable. Nice nice rifle, I wish I had a heavy barrel model.

S&W 617 4" barrel. Use it for competition shooting. Holds 10 rounds and two companies make speed loaders and belt speed loader holders for competition use. Perfect for this time of year when I cannot get 200 9mm rounds a weekend to shoot area competittions. Much easier and cheaper to get a few thousand rounds of .22lr plus lots of fun as recoil is not an issue and good practice for speedloading my carry revolvers.

post-5975-0-25343000-1358832721_thumb.jpg

Here's my steel challenge project gun. Its a Tactical Solution Pac-lite 4.5 inch fluted barrel on a Volquartsen lower. Weighs 24oz and the triggers just a hair under 2 lbs.

Looks nice Nick. How's that grip angle feel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's my steel challenge project gun. Its a Tactical Solution Pac-lite 4.5 inch fluted barrel on a Volquartsen lower. Weighs 24oz and the triggers just a hair under 2 lbs.

Looks nice Nick. How's that grip angle feel?

Nice, shooting tomorrow?

No USPSA for me tomorrow. Have some family coming to visit. But I'll be stopping by to drop off some parts for Alec and brass for Frank.

In the process of restoring(almost done)

Marlin Centennial 1970 Commemorative, 20 in. octagon barrel, select walnut straight stock, brass forearm cap and buttplate, name plate in butt.

asfrrr_zps127b0029.jpg

Really nice .22! I have one as well its the gun i learned to shoot with when i was a little kid. I have been thinking about refinishing mine. After seeing yours it pushed me over the edge i will be breaking mine down tomarrow to start.

Really nice .22! I have one as well its the gun i learned to shoot with when i was a little kid. I have been thinking about refinishing mine. After seeing yours it pushed me over the edge i will be breaking mine down tomarrow to start.

I was waiting on a new rear set of peep sights,great to see i spurred you into action!

ddffd_zps618e956a.jpg

My newest .22LR

Sako Quad

IMG_6464_zps08246d27.jpg

IMG_6465_zps9629c017.jpg

Very Nice. I have been looking for the Sako Quad rifle and complete barrel set for months now and have had no luck. Saw one a while back on GB selling for $2000 but that is just crazy. 

Very Nice. I have been looking for the Sako Quad rifle and complete barrel set for months now and have had no luck. Saw one a while back on GB selling for $2000 but that is just crazy. 

Buy the rifle(if you can find one in stock) then add one barrel at a time

Barrel change takes about 4 mins with one tool

Mine is just a dedicated .22

MAN That is nice!!!!  I really admire it and also have wanted on for a while... I remember seeing one for almost $3000 and one night I guess I was caffeinated and sugared all up and was feeling good and considered it... but didn't... BUT hot damned if it's not a beautiful piece of firearm technology and who better than Sako right?  Beautiful man, I don't often lust after other peoples stuff cause I'm pretty happy with my own stuff but, I firmly believe in giving credit where credit is due and you sure as sugar deserve some credit for this bad mama jama.

UG: Very nice. You usually see the Quad with the synthetic stock. I considered one when I was looking for a quality rimfire. Then looked at the TC and ended up with my Cooper in 17 hummer. Enjoy it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob