Sign in to follow this  
45Doll

Ramsey Tries To Prohibit Gun Ranges

I got an email from NJ2AS a couple days ago about a lawsuit they were contemplating filing against Ramsey, but as I recall it didn't discuss what the ordnance proposed.

I found this article on North Jersey's website this morning. Basically they want to outlaw shooting ranges, like Chicago tried to do. Last night they tabled the vote until they get lawyers in place.

Currently indoor and outdoor ranges in Ramsey are exempt from the 'no discharge' prohibition.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/bergen/ramsey/2017/02/09/ramsey-tables-vote-gun-law-preparing-lawsuits/97610400/

Bracing for potential Second Amendment lawsuits, the borough council on Wednesday postponed voting to prohibit local gun ranges from firing weapons, until it hires a legal defense.

The email did not mention what the hubub was about -- just mentioned the ordinance. I found the proposed site is 2 or 3 towns over, east of Ramsey, a good 4 miles away. Is this "Greater Ramsey" or am I missing something?

I am not familiar with this.

Keep me up to date

The Northjersey article states

The borough will retain a national law firm on a pro bono basis in case of future litigation, before the council votes again on Feb. 22, she said.

Sounds like they're gearing up for a legal battle, and merely postponed the decision until they have legal representation.

Sounds like they're gearing up for a legal battle, and merely postponed the decision until they have legal representation.

Ugg, why this "we won email ".

Thank you for making me read the article.

That new range sounds great. The name is pretty cool too (refer to my avatar). Not for nothing, but NJ2AS is kind of trying to make it look like they ar emaking so much headway. Then you dig just a smidge deeper and BAM you realize there is really nothing there. I do believe this range will be built. Any town that has that level of arrogance will go down.

That new range sounds great. The name is pretty cool too (refer to my avatar). Not for nothing, but NJ2AS is kind of trying to make it look like they ar emaking so much headway. Then you dig just a smidge deeper and BAM you realize there is really nothing there. I do believe this range will be built. Any town that has that level of arrogance will go down.

They'll eat sh*t trying to get anything done there, though, im sure... Even if they manage to get it built, the city will do everything in their power to make life hell... Had that issue in Newark in the past...

Aw c'mon stop being such a wet blanket. The issue is settled. I read it in my inbox today. Ramsey will have its range. Not 4 miles away but in the ShopRite parking lot off of 17E. Like your favorite outdoor range but with the added excitement of shoppers dashing and darting to and fro. Like Hillary these guys FIGHT FOR US.

... Not for nothing, but NJ2AS is kind of trying to make it look like they ar emaking so much headway. Then you dig just a smidge deeper and BAM you realize there is really nothing there. ...

Yeah, effin' NJ2AS, doing a hasty writeup of their efforts that can be misinterpreted as claiming "mission accomplished". 

Screw them, they can go pound, especially when compared to the efforts of the all other NJ pro-gun groups (*cough* ANJRPC *cough*)  in defending this.

/sarcasm

• Like 1

Yeah, effin' NJ2AS, doing a hasty writeup of their efforts that can be misinterpreted as claiming "mission accomplished". 

Screw them, they can go pound, especially when compared to the efforts of the all other NJ pro-gun groups (*cough* ANJRPC *cough*)  in defending this.

/sarcasm

+1  NJ2AS came in and did what they could at the time- throw some cold water on the town trying to bull their way thru the legal system. didnt see any other 2A group there cough cough.

/sarcasm

At least NJ2AS claims to do stuff. Their efforts got us the Hudson reciprocity bill in its current form, forced Ramsey to begin construction of an elevated, state of the art gun range above Rte. 17, successfully recalled state senator Sw.... wait a second they didn't do that.

When was the last time you read "NRA" and "New Jersey" in the same fake news release in a positive light?

Interesting? My jaw dropped reading it lol. Not what I was expecting for sure.

You got that right! Practically heresy in this state. Thanks for posting that.

Aw c'mon stop being such a wet blanket. The issue is settled. I read it in my inbox today. Ramsey will have its range. Not 4 miles away but in the ShopRite parking lot off of 17E. Like your favorite outdoor range but with the added excitement of shoppers dashing and darting to and fro. Like Hillary these guys FIGHT FOR US.

"Like Hillary these guys FIGHT FOR US".  What the hell does this mean?

Anyone know if the range is intended to be open to the public or private?

Does not seem very welcoming.  NJ NICS + S.P. 66?

"Background checks for criminal and mental health issues would be conducted on each person who enters the facility, including law enforcement,"