M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

2 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

So...the president of the NJPBA, representing the official position of NJ's police officers, expressed support for this bill because he was afraid of losing his position as president of the PBA?

What if I publicly endorsed violating other civil rights to keep my job?  Should I get a pass?

This wouldn't be New Jersey if we weren't having our rights violated by the cops. Its almost a prerequisite for the job.

• Agree 2

Good Morning,

Has anyone netted out they implications of this law. what exactly must we do to comply while this is being litigated?

Do i need a super long pooper scooper to clean up after Fido as to not step on private property?

Or is the public Right of Way which often extends a few feet into private property protect right to carry in that case?

Car Carry, if not on one's person while in a car, where? out of reach like when going to and from the range? are we permitted a short window of time to arm ourselves while in the car so as to not brandish or advertise if we intend to conceal carry (although there is no distinction in NJ as i understand it)

OR must we exit the vehicle and arm ourselves for all to see?

15 hours ago, g17owner said:

You still need to apply. Lawsuits need people that were harmed by bad legislation. Aside from that, by the time they're done processing your app, there may be a TRO or an injunction. If you don't apply, you might regret it.

Also, do regular passport photos. If the courts reject it due to the photos, you'll regret that too. It might take 60 days before it reaches the court even.

did the photos last night. setting to trim them. they didn't leave any room on top to trim.  i can trim the bottom, but it'll take most of my shoulder off. i feel that they won't accept that.......no time to try again till tonight, and my pd's closed on fridays.........

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Live now - broadcast of signing:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1OwGWwpjjlQGQ

It is astounding that these people are standing there speaking about this nonsense with a straight face. 

OSCARs for everyone!

And ANJRPC has already filed suit.

ANJRPC SUES TO OVERTURN
CARRY-KILLER LAW! 

Case Filed As Gov. Murphy Signed New Law

Restraining Order to Block Law Being Sought

December 22, 2022. At the same moment Gov. Murphy was signing illegal carry-killer legislation into law earlier today, ANJRPC was filing an epic federal lawsuit seeking to swiftly and decisively block the blatantly unconstitutional new measure. ANJRPC is also seeking a restraining order to immediately halt implementation of the new law while the case proceeds.

Click here to see a copy of the complaint filed in the case, and to monitor ongoing new case filings as they happen. The lawsuit is spearheaded by ANJRPC counsel Dan Schmutter.

The new law flagrantly and intentionally disrupts both the Second Amendment and the U.S. Supreme Court's Bruen decision upholding the right of honest citizens to carry firearms for personal protection. Now that New Jersey can no longer block the issuance of carry permits, the state is trying to change what it means to have a carry permit in the first place. The new law bans carry in most common public places, mandates non-existent liability insurance, and significantly increases permit fees to prevent lower-income citizens from exercising their rights.

"By signing this legislation, Gov. Murphy has effectively ended any chance of ever being elected to higher office outside of New Jersey, and has confirmed that the Constitution is indeed 'above his pay grade,'" said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. "Not only will this legislation go down in flames, but the Murphy administration will end up paying the very substantial legal costs of gun owners to bring it down."

A restraining order is being sought imminently, seeking to halt implementation of the new law while the case proceeds. Please stay tuned for further updates and alerts. If you are not already subscribed to these email alerts, you can sign up at no cost by clicking here.

Gun owners can join the fight by clicking here to donate to this historic lawsuit.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

CNJFO has also filed, in conjunction with SAF/FPC/NJ2AS.

‼️*LAWSUIT FILED ‼️ CNJFO, along with Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and others, filed a lawsuit today in federal District Court, seeking an injunction against the State of New Jersey for unconstitutional restrictions banning the carrying a firearm outside the home in A4769/S3214. The lawsuit, filed by Attorney David Jensen, seeks a declaratory judgment that parts of the most recent bill violate both Second and Fourteenth Amendment rights. The Plaintiffs are asking for a preliminary and/or permanent injunction, restraining the State and others from enforcing the bill. If granted, this would provide immediate relief from the enforcement of certain portions of the bill.
The law in question sponsored by Democrat Assemblyman Joe Danielsen, violates the Supreme Court Bruen decision as it improperly renders all government and private locations as sensitive. Lawmakers and our own members fought against the passing of this legislation, testifying at hearings and appearing in the Statehouse. When asked where permitholders could lawfully carry under the bill, Democrat lawmakers were unable to name one place-not one.
Even the non-partisan Office of Legislative Services in Trenton advised Democrat lawmakers that portions of the bill were likely to be found unconstitutional. In a letter dated October 19, 2022, to Assemblyman Auth, the OLS advised that provisions of the bill establishing sensitive places, in which carrying a firearm would be prohibited, may be in violation of Bruen. Democrat lawmakers proceeded anyway.
CNJFO will provide updates as this moves forward.

321438570_5355399934572394_6613550429303

• Like 2