Scorpio64

Clay Shoot Clinton WMA ** CANCELED **

On 11/19/2023 at 9:27 PM, Sudsy said:

I should be able to attend

Will check in closer to the event to see what I can bring

I'm in

What can I bring (besides myself and some birds) ?

19 hours ago, High Exposure said:

• Thick skin
• A sharp tongue
• A good attitude
• A sense of humor

The shit- talking is generally epic!

This is very true !

I've only attended one of these but I'm still laughing

23 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

For busting clays, yes and no.  Nobody is winning any trap shoots with a Shockwave, but man I do have fun trying to bust a few with mine.  It's not a bad idea to try and hit a few clays with whatever shotgun one intends to use for HD.  It's good fun practice.  My My 18" taktikalized 870 does not "dust" clays but it consistently breaks clays because the reflex site makes targeting stupid easy.  I like to let new shooters use the 870 because it's a confidence booster and the red dot also helps noobs understand target tracking.

A shorter barrel will reduce velocity somewhat but if you use the right chokes, you can still do very well.

I'll bring my Kel Tek KS7 !!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 11/20/2023 at 1:04 PM, Scorpio64 said:

12, 20, 16, 410, whatevah you want to bring, lotsa folks shoot 20's and do pretty damned good too.   The only rule is shot size, has to be #7.5 or #8. 

That's actually a great price.  I've been paying about $20-22 per 135 ct crate of White Flyer AAs.

Ok closest dicks that has Clay's is apx 45 miles in PA. if I take the ride this weekend anyone else need some? Also how many do you go through in a day?

IMG_1768.jpg

A friend was passing through and picked up some for me

6 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I'm in

What can I bring (besides myself and some birds) ?

6 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Pork roll.

6 hours ago, Sudsy said:

I'll bring a log

How many people do we expect?

I picked up one of those 6-7" logs

I'll grab another if you think we might need it

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

How many people do we expect?

I picked up one of those 6-7" logs

I'll grab another if you think we might need it

Better grab a few more. @CMJeepster can eat one all on his own! :rofl:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

How much ammo and clays do people normally run through? 

That largely depends on how much we run our mouths.  Sometimes I only go through two or three boxes of ammo because I spend too much time BSing.  Other times I'll blow through 150 rounds.

The basic rule of thumb is: If you are just gonna shoot a little with a loaner to see what clays is all about, bring a couple boxes of 12ga #7.5 or #8 and a box of dounuts and we're good.  If you come with a case of ammo, you better come with a case of clays too, and donuts.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 4:41 PM, High Exposure said:

Leaning more definite and less maybe…. 90/10 I’ll be there.

I'm about the same. Just need to check the calendar for Sunday School and make sure the Mrs. can handle it. 

I'm bringing the commies: Vepr 12 & Komrad 12 (if I sight the optic in) 

I have ammo and a case of black midis if any sharpshooters want to have a go at them. I need to get some orange clays. 

Remember to dress appropriately for the weather!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 10:36 AM, Scorpio64 said:

For busting clays, yes and no.  Nobody is winning any trap shoots with a Shockwave, but man I do have fun trying to bust a few with mine.  It's not a bad idea to try and hit a few clays with whatever shotgun one intends to use for HD.  It's good fun practice.  My My 18" taktikalized 870 does not "dust" clays but it consistently breaks clays because the reflex site makes targeting stupid easy.  I like to let new shooters use the 870 because it's a confidence booster and the red dot also helps noobs understand target tracking.

A shorter barrel will reduce velocity somewhat but if you use the right chokes, you can still do very well.

Hehehehehe

PXL_20220105_155400109.jpg

• Like 2

Any age restrictions? If I can wake the boy up that early he may come. He is 15

On 11/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, Tunaman said:

Looks like I am coming out to this one. I'll buy a box of clays if anyone can bring extra for me to buy.  I'll bring plenty of 12 gauge ammo too.

I am sure I will have extra.. 

I am planning to attend.  It has been quite some time since my last one so am looking forward to meeting everyone.  Will bring my Mossberg 590, two boxes of clays, ammo, as well as a new thrower that I have not yet used.  I wil caution you. My clay shooting proficiency is over 90%.  That is to say, I miss at least 90% of the time, LOL.

As an aside, it was at my first NJGUNFORUMS clay shoot in 2014 that I learned of the existence of clay and rifle ranges at the WMAs. Obtained my hunting license shortly thereafter. Have since enjoyed many days of outdoor target shooting at various WMAs, Collier-Mills in particular. Very thankful I attended that day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

My clay shooting proficiency is over 90%.  That is to say, I miss at least 90% of the time, LOL.

There's a reason I call this "turning money into noise". None the less, in spite of the great fun we all have, everyone does get a little bit better each time.  Take @Mrs. Peelfor instance, it took three years but I eventually got her to break two clays in a row.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Take @Mrs. Peelfor instance, it took three years but I eventually got her to break two clays in a row.

Yeah, but set the clays on a rack and she can break them at 600 yards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2