b47356

Platking now going after JSD Supply and Eagle Shows

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

The entire goal here is to financially damage these companies by forcing them to hire and pay expensive lawyers

AKA Legal Extortion

the best way to make this backfire.....and it will to some extent.....is to counter-sue. not the position. the person. and sue for the cost of defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sudsy said:

forcing them to hire and pay expensive lawyers

This is where GOA, NRA and others should be stepping in.  Maybe if enough NRA members from NJ call and demand that they do something about this, they might actually intervene.  If the NRA won't help with situations like this, then why the hell do they even exist. What's the point in paying dues if you get nothing in return?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

the best way to make this backfire.....and it will to some extent.....is to counter-sue. not the position. the person. and sue for the cost of defense.

Can't, it's the government, the rules for that are different (of course)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

Brandon from Langley Outdoors Academy weighs in on this:

even he missed it with the "buy it across the river where it's perfectly legal".  he should have mentioned that background checks still need to happen.

50 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

even he missed it with the "buy it across the river where it's perfectly legal".  he should have mentioned that background checks still need to happen.

No background check is needed for an 80% kit.

They are perfectly legal to buy and complete in PA.

The only offense is an NJ law which is possession of a "ghost gun". Nobody in PA is beholden to an NJ law. The vendor in PA is not responsible for any individual who chose to break NJ law by transporting the 80% kit into NJ.

This overreach by Platkin needs to be stopped.

• Agree 6

4 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

This overreach by Platkin needs to be stopped.

Problem is he's successfully saber-rattled his way to settlements from other out-of-state firearm/parts dealers in the past.  Would love to see this company get some national org backing to actually fight this out in court.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Problem is he's successfully saber-rattled his way to settlements from other out-of-state firearm/parts dealers in the past.  

It's cheaper then paying the attorneys.

This happened to me once, legal extortion. I quote my attorney here "Jerry just pay the settlement. If we go to court the legal fee's will be double that amount. You'll win the war but lose all your soldiers doing it"

What we need in this country is "loser pays", that will keep this kind of BS from happening. Unfortunately we keep voting lawyers into office, so there's no chance of that ever happening.

• Agree 3

On 12/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, Scorpio64 said:

This is where GOA, NRA and others should be stepping in.  Maybe if enough NRA members from NJ call and demand that they do something about this, they might actually intervene.  If the NRA won't help with situations like this, then why the hell do they even exist. What's the point in paying dues if you get nothing in return?

Only if they threatened to key La Pierre's Corniche...

On 12/13/2023 at 4:31 PM, Sudsy said:

It's cheaper then paying the attorneys.

This happened to me once, legal extortion. I quote my attorney here "Jerry just pay the settlement. If we go to court the legal fee's will be double that amount. You'll win the war but lose all your soldiers doing it"

What we need in this country is "loser pays", that will keep this kind of BS from happening. Unfortunately we keep voting lawyers into office, so there's no chance of that ever happening.

While that is an attractive slogan, I think it's a little more complicated than that in practice. "Loser" pays wouldn't help in this instance unless the loser (e.g. Platkin) had to pay out of his own pocket. And I believe that there are a number of laws that indemnify public officials against being held personally responsible for damage done in the course of their duties, no matter how egregious and unjustified that damage might be. I am also a little apprehensive about that principle where it might affect some little guy who got massively screwed by a big corporation, when litigation was his only recourse. I'm also uncertain how it would apply in class actions.

On 12/13/2023 at 9:38 AM, Mr.Stu said:

No background check is needed for an 80% kit.

They are perfectly legal to buy and complete in PA.

That's right for the moment Stu. This week the PA House Democrats introduced a raft of bills, and one of them essentially bans possession of firearms built with un-serialized kits/parts. (If you serialize it I don't know if that will make a difference. I'm guessing not.)

Passage is by no means guaranteed, but they're going to give it a go.

11 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Furnishing names based on what?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4414581-jordan-seeks-answers-from-former-treasury-official-over-flagged-maga-transactions/

...Jordan also said FinCEN distributed slides that showed financial institutions how to flag customers who may be potential active shooters or terrorists based on their transactions. He contends that those who may have purchased a firearm, made a purchase at Cabela’s or Dick’s Sporting Goods and other businesses may have had their transactions flagged.

“Despite these transactions having no apparent criminal nexus — and, in fact, relate to Americans exercising their Second Amendment rights — FinCEN seems to have adopted a characterization of these Americans as potential threat actors,” Jordan wrote. ...

So was there actual transmittal by banks of information of firearms purchases, or just FinCEN suggesting that banks should do so?

49 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Dunkelberger's.com is a search keyword??? You gotta be kidding me!

And curiously, no Bud's Gun Shop. OK, the header does say "Not an exhaustive list". I'll bet!!!