brucin

New budget to double or more all firearm related permits

just raise each fee to $10,000 and be done with it. it will take years for the courts to rule against you and in the meantime you will have achieved your goal of disarming the non-criminals. let's see if "gun violence" goes down in new jersey then...

• Like 1

Wow.  That would raise the total cost of getting a permit to carry to around $950 every 2 years.  That's criminal, at least in my opinion.

Given that the last time I checked, New Jersey has about 3 million people less than Pennsylvania, but has a significantly larger state budget.  With that in mind, the "x" million that the governor claims this will add to revenue is basically small change.  It is truly just another way to screw over law abiding citizens 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Wow.  That would raise the total cost of getting a permit to carry to around $950 every 2 years.  That's criminal, at least in my opinion.

Given that the last time I checked, New Jersey has about 3 million people less than Pennsylvania, but has a significantly larger state budget.  With that in mind, the "x" million that the governor claims this will add to revenue is basically small change.  It is truly just another way to screw over law abiding citizens 

Will also put a damper on ranges charging $150  to $275 for the qualification process. The State’s intent is to make it as onerous and expensive as they can get away with to limit to those who can stomach the costs. They’re already getting away with this nonsense, now they want to make it worse. 

4 hours ago, siderman said:

Hmm, somethings wrong there in NJ. I only pay $8.50 a yr for a 7 yr ccw in FL. Maybe a mis-print?

Yes.  Pennsylvania is $20 for 5 years. Even Arizona is a decent deal at $36.   As happy as I am for New Jersey becoming shall issue, almost $1000 for a 2 year permit/license is pretty intense, and the politicians here know it 

18 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

just raise each fee to $10,000 and be done with it. it will take years for the courts to rule against you and in the meantime you will have achieved your goal of disarming the non-criminals. let's see if "gun violence" goes down in new jersey then...

Nah, then Murphy will claim that any new "gun violence" is being created by "illegal" guns which are not subject to any taxes or fees.

2 hours ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Will also put a damper on ranges charging $150  to $275 for the qualification process. The State’s intent is to make it as onerous and expensive as they can get away with to limit to those who can stomach the costs. They’re already getting away with this nonsense, now they want to make it worse. 

This is exactly what happens when it's left to the state to govern the 2A....and why Constitutional Carry is so important...attaching a price tag to a Constitutional Amendment is akin to Corruption at it's finest...and if there's a way, you can bet they'll find it.......omo.

We should stop calling this a fee. It is a tax. A fee is used to fund the system and mechanisms to issue firearms permits of all kinds.

The funds generated by the firearm fees go primarily to purchase state police vehicles. This is what a tax does. It generates revenue to be spent as elected officials see fit.

It is against the law to TAX a constitutional right.

• Agree 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:23 PM, xXxplosive said:

This is exactly what happens when it's left to the state to govern the 2A....and why Constitutional Carry is so important...attaching a price tag to a Constitutional Amendment is akin to Corruption at it's finest...and if there's a way, you can bet they'll find it.......omo.

constitutionally, states cannot regulate arms. that's clearly the fed level.

56 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

We are clearly the low hanging fruit for revenue production to Murphy.  Try charging a poll tax and watch the left scream bloody murder. 

That's because the DNC and left would end up paying the tax on all the ballots they need to harvest. These kinds of things eat into your fraud budget.

• Agree 2

Here's an idea that could work in New Jersey but won't because of "c'mon....gun violence...the thing" :

The state raises fees/taxes on ID cards and purchase permits, to get that few Million dollars that Murphy claims will help the budget, and the citizens get Consritutional carry.

I know it's a comprise, but avoiding at least $750 every 2 years is a bargain to me.

Yes, it's a dream, but it's a logical one!!

What would be really funny to do is setup a non profit and call it Citizen Safety that covers the fees and helps handle paperwork for permits. Do what the left does,  create NGOs that push the agenda, can imagine if the fit of rage they'd have when we help low income people on the democrat plantations get legally armed?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

constitutionally, states cannot regulate arms. that's clearly the fed level.

IMO that's exactly backwards. 

The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution contains the only reference to 'arms', and it states that our right to acquire and bear the best means of self-protection (arms) 'shall not be infringed' . Further, all other powers other than those explicitly enumerated in the Constitution and its Amendments, are relegated to the states.

The method the states used to invent the power to 'regulate' (read 'restrict') 'arms' was through the Interstate Commerce clause. And of course liberal leaning courts went along with that. "Since arms cross state lines in commerce, we can 'regulate' them."

In a complete bastardization of 'Constitutional Rights', the state of New Jersey moves all the way from 'regulating interstate commerce' to charging (read: taxing) you to exercise your natural right to self-defense enumerated in the 2nd Amendment.

See what they did there?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brucin said:

We should stop calling this a fee. It is a tax. A fee is used to fund the system and mechanisms to issue firearms permits of all kinds.

The funds generated by the firearm fees go primarily to purchase state police vehicles. This is what a tax does. It generates revenue to be spent as elected officials see fit.

It is against the law to TAX a constitutional right.

Really anything you pay to the government is a tax unless it is a penalty. Penalties being when you have done something that violated the law are paying money as a punishment, everything else is a tax. The government likes to call taxes fees, permits , licenses, assessments. I would like to see a law requiring the the government to describe all non penalty payments to the government as a tax.

I was in Nova Scotia, Canada some years ago and bought a fishing license. The license was 35 CAD (as best as I remember), then the guy in the store says it would be 42 CAD (or something close). I asked why it's more money? He said that there was GST (Canadian version of sales tax) on the license. To which I said "They are collecting a tax on a tax?" He said he had never thought about it that way, but that's really what it is.

1 hour ago, revenger said:

ANJRPC where are you?

No one can realistically file a lawsuit against these fees until they actually become law. Right now they're only Bucky's wish list.

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

No one can realistically file a lawsuit against these fees until they actually become law. Right now they're only Bucky's wish list.

could file against the current fees. they go against the constitution as it is, and they most certainly go against bruen. especially since one can no longer apply for a fPid or a p2p without a credit card.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

could file against the current fees. they go against the constitution as it is, and they most certainly go against bruen. especially since one can no longer apply for a fPid or a p2p without a credit card.

The current PCH fee is already being challenged in the case that challenges many parts of the carry killer bill

• Informative 1

There are a lot of gun owners in this state. They have to get out there and vote in the local elections. People dismiss the local elections because they think they're not important. Local politicians are the ones who set the state policies. We have to get more republicans in state offices to keep things in check. Until people wise up, we're screwed. Even the last Gov race was a piss poor turn out. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, FDHog said:

There are a lot of gun owners in this state. They have to get out there and vote in the local elections. People dismiss the local elections because they think they're not important. Local politicians are the ones who set the state policies. We have to get more republicans in state offices to keep things in check. Until people wise up, we're screwed. Even the last Gov race was a piss poor turn out. 

Therein lies the problem.  When Anthony opens his radio show, he mentions there are "......over 1 million gun owners" in NJ.  Until people open their eyes and look at the big picture (the 2nd Amendment) and vote accordingly, we will continue to get the same results we have now.  With those numbers, NJ should be at least a purple state instead of deep blue.

On 3/4/2024 at 10:23 AM, xXxplosive said:

NJ Politicians and legal system all in the same camp.......what would ever change.....how many of these elected officials would U hire to do a job.......omo.

Might hire a few to move manure from one location to another. Without the use of any tools or implements.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Therein lies the problem.  When Anthony opens his radio show, he mentions there are "......over 1 million gun owners" in NJ.  Until people open their eyes and look at the big picture (the 2nd Amendment) and vote accordingly, we will continue to get the same results we have now.  With those numbers, NJ should be at least a purple state instead of deep blue.

>1 million gun owners - sounds like a lot. But as of the 2021 general election, there were ~6.5 million registered voters in NJ, of which ~2.6 million cast a ballot. So, if 100% of those gun owners were eligible to vote and did so, they would constitute ~15% of registered and ~38% of actual voters (the latter in an off-year). Also, how those voters are distributed can matter a great deal. Down here in South Jersey, we do a reasonably good job of voting Republican, at least as compared to the remainder of this state. There are 40 legislative districts in NJ. I'm not going to waste my time doing numeric analysis of every district, but the average number of residents (2020 census) is 116,181 each, so a majority, on average, would be 60,000. 60,000/1 ,000,000 is just under 17, or ~42% of those districts. So, by either set of numbers, statistically, NJ gun owners could, at most, possibly carry 38 - 40% of the legislature. Obviously, both those analyses are ridiculous oversimplifications, but it does give some indication of the practical maximum limits on the direct electoral influence gun owners can expect to exert in NJ. This is a prime example of why the Founders organized this nation as a Republic, not a direct democracy, and why the Bill of RIghts was enacted. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting for the luncheon entree. Getting more gun owners to vote, and what little honest media remains to take note of that, is a laudible goal, but expecting that to provide some kind of ultimate solution to having our Constitutional rights rescinded by NJ is a forlorn hope.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:07 AM, siderman said:

Hmm, somethings wrong there in NJ. I only pay $8.50 a yr for a 7 yr ccw in FL. Maybe a mis-print?

I have to re-new mine next year. Florida is much easier. I have to go back to the People's Republic of NJ in a few days. I think I'm going to start the process next week to get one in NJ. It looks like my wife and I have another 3 years up there before we can move down to Florida for good.