XDJohnTact

Central Jersey - The Final Countdown

yeah, don't let depends wearing old men sneak around on the forum because their bored and want to start trouble.

:lol::lol: Wait :lol::lol: wait :lol::lol: Ray :lol: tell us how you :lol: REALLY feel :lol:

WTF - they read it on the internet and couldn't just be MEN and raise the red flag on the internet? Instead wait until everyone has driven two hours to their 'beautiful facility' and then sand bag them? :roll: PUSSIES! :x

It was a great time and we had fun with the skeet and sadly all these guys did was make us remember how friendly they are. The proper thing considering they admitted reading this thread 2 weeks ago would have been to address it then. Not wait until we all show up and corner us in the clubhouse.

They need to embrace tech a because this forum is what brought us together so we are not strangers. Just a little strange.

Someone PM me regarding what happened. I'm curious because I'm considering filling out the application for CJRPC, but if there are a bunch of jerks-- I'd rather not deal with them, nor shell out the money. Plus, I can update my **** list :evil:

Guys - how 'bout we focus on the good at the event instead of the bad? Yes, there was a little problem at the beginning of the festivities, but we all got in and were all able to shoot and hang out with our friends. There's really no need for name calling. If the members of CJ want to discuss what happened at the next board meeting and clarify the difference between a guest and a friend, that's their prerogative. But let's try to keep things civil and not let this thread degenerate into a pissing fest

Honestly what went down sucked, but you really do need to look at it from both sides. The way we showed up was probably not the best idea. We showed up in a caravan and the image that was put together one the net was what they said, a bunch of people just trying to find members to card us in.

So even tho it sucked, on one hand you can't blame the VP and that other guy about saying something. Should it of went on as long as it did, probably not. Should they of grabbed the members who signed people in and pulled them off to the side and just said listen, this is the way it looks, keep everything safe and try not to make it appear this way again, probably is what they should of done. Instead it got broadcasted to both members and non members which isn't always a positive thing.

So even if they appeared to be power hungry or bossy, all they really are trying to do is run a safe club, to keep it open to everyone that belongs. So have 20 guys show up in 10 cars and then having us going, oh we need two more members because we still have 3 people is NOT a good way to start a day.

Like it was said, what is done is done, and what will be done in the future will hopefully be different based on what happened today. But there is no need to start calling people names because they are trying to keep the place safe. The last thing we as a community need to happen is an accident which will put a bad spot light on all of us, so just remember that before you start questioning some people's antics.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it. From the pix, it looks like CJRPC is a nice facility.

All I know about your "welcome" is what I can glean from the posts, but it sounds like you got past it okay, and had fun in spite of it, but if the range had any concerns about the group, they should have voiced them here. After all, there is a member with "cjrpc" as their SN. No reason to ambush anyone at the range.

We did have a good time. the facility is top notch. still thinking of joining and will probably join next year..

Thank's Joe J for guesting me in to try out the facility see you tues night at brick as usual.

I am also going to join, so that is at least three probable new members just from one visit. I am sure that in the grand scheme of things at CJRP that is nothing, but the fact that exposure to their facility brings in new members has to be good for them.

I made it there late.. Saw there was a shotgun field opening up and I grabbed it.

While setting up a member here and at CJ drove up and asked if I was with the group.

I said yes did he want to shoot. He told me he was already there all morning then questioned me and gave me a lecture about not wearing my badge.

I made it there late.. Saw there was a shotgun field opening up and I grabbed it.

While setting up a member here and at CJ drove up and asked if I was with the group.

I said yes did he want to shoot. He told me he was already there all morning then questioned me and gave me a lecture about not wearing my badge.

Member here or someone who said "I reads all abouts youse people on those intertubes, I knows what nasty business youse up too and I gots me good eye on ya."?

The Board meeting starts at 8:00 PM, it's held above the garage looking building accross from the High Power range, 2nd floor. Questions/requests from members are heard first. Members are then permitted to stay and observe, but not participate in the meeting.

If you come tonight, we will talk then.

May I point out, anti-gun types read these forums. Be careful what is said, and how it's said. We do not want to give them fuel for their fires.

Just my 2 cents worth. We should be a very tight community. There is no room for in fighting in the times we are in. We can do more together then we can do alone. In my own oppinion just from what I read, things could have been handled better and differently. Lets get together and solve this as the adults we are learn from it and move on leaving it in the past so it does not happen again. We are all bigger that this and can have a large voice in this state as responsible gun owners.

Anthony,

I have no horse in this race. I did not show up on sunday, and I am not a member of CJRPC. I am a member at another range however.

Can you step back from your role and realize that had you or ANY member of the board raised the red flag at ANY point indicating that the guests were not welcome in the fashion in which the event was being organized that the event would have NEVER occurred??

The majority of the group here is quite amiable and friendly and would not have attempted to muscle you or the board into accepting this event!

After voicing all of these concerns, did you observe any unsafe actions by this group?

And I just read what NJChiroDoc wrote and agree. Let's use this to draw two groups together instead of apart.

-Dan

The Board meeting starts at 8:00 PM, it's held above the garage looking building accross from the High Power range, 2nd floor. Questions/requests from members are heard first. Members are then permitted to stay and observe, but not participate in the meeting.

If you come tonight, we will talk then.

May I point out, anti-gun types read these forums. Be careful what is said, and how it's said. We do not want to give them fuel for their fires.

This is why this board is for members only. Most people on here know each other as family.

I understand and appreciate your concern for the club, but this simply could of been avoided by an email, and considering i sent emails to club reps, or whomever registered as CJRPC, it would not be difficult to do.

the way that you went about this is worse than what the KGB would do in communist soviet union. At least they would have the courtesy to let you know you are getting screwed.

The way that CJRPC, and considering you are a board member, you represent the club, went about this, is downright devious, and you were out to get any of the club members from the get go. this post will be here, and many people will be able to see it. but whatever, it happened.

and here I thought that CJRPC was trying to shed the image of a large club being run by a few grumpy old men.

the real shame is, last time a few guys went up to Cherry Ridge, they got an open welcome, and the club, as a result got 4 or 5 new members.

CJ had 4 or 5 members on the fence about joining, and either less likely, or NOT going to join at all. Its a great facility, but not when the Board of Directors and club executives DO NOT TRUST their own members.

I dont think any anti gunner would of treated us worse. Just to have the audacity to try to entrap members into getting in trouble right on the board. Think about this.... You registered under a fake name, misrepresented your indenity, in order to try to entrap members into breaking the rules.

Then, when people show up, your board VP accuses the members of just bringing anyone to the club, which guess what, was supposed to be your username.

Obviously, USJeep username gets banned, so you re-register.

Please, put yourself into the position of any of the NJGF CJRPC club members, or the guests, or someone who just drove an hour and a half to check out your range.

Anthony,

I wasn't there, and so my comments must be limited.

I believe that if you were aware of the circumstances of the event prior to everyone arriving, the right thing to do would have been to voice your concerns and advice here. One of the major goals of this online community is to bring together all facets of the shooting sports in NJ. Not just the end users (the shooters and range members), but everyone. We have vendors here, we have ranges here, we have at least a couple of representatives of every aspect of the sport participating here, and that's what we want.

When you say that you were "spying" on the forum and trying to bait a negative response, I think you misunderstand the big picture. This forum isn't just ours, it's yours, too, and I'm sure we would all welcome your experience, knowledge and unique perspectives with open arms, just as we do everyone else who is inclined to support and protect our rights to our shared interests.

Only good can come of open and honest communication between everyone here. With it, we can support each other and grow as a group, without it, we will have no sense of community, and our rights will surely be assailed even further by our common enemies.

Sure, there are antis lurking here. Screw 'em. We're doing nothing immoral or illegal. We're policing each other in our words and actions, and we as a group are making the effort to stand together against them. How about helping become part of the solution, and actively and positively participate, instead of laying in wait for even the slightest misspoken word or misunderstood intent.

Ken