Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

Your goals for 2010....

So..... as the new year approaches....

What do you want to accomplish by this time next year?

Mine.....

On a personal level....

I should be Credit Card free of debt by the end of the 1st quarter....

Keep the job I have....

Keep losing my weight..... I am down 14lbs..... 60 more to go...

Tone down what I spend on my hobbies..... 2009 was an expensive year...... GTO paintjob and purchased all my gun stuff...... time to just enjoy what I have and keep the spending down....

On a Hobby level.....

Gun:

Work my way up the NRA Course ladder to be on my way to becoming an Instructor

Become active in USPSA shoots

GTO:

Just enjoy the car now.....

Motorcycle:

Be safe..... and just a few small cheap mods to the bike....

1 or 2 nice motorcycle trips..... Blue Ridge Parkway / Skyline Dr.....etc...

Really awesome topic Troy. Salut.

On the NJGF level...

I want to see our community grow to 2k strong. Aside from growing our numbers, would be awesome to see us give back to the communities and organizations that are 2a friendly. It was amazing to see the turnout for Chad's toy's for tots and food bank. We should be doing more of that. Lets be honest, we are fortunate enough to be able to support our firearms habbit.

Secondly, it is a priority to do more to get new people involved in the firearms sports and hobbies. Also, the more women, the better.

Lastly, evolve the numbers and the group we have here to go beyond just shooting together, to growing our friendships. We have experts in all fields, it seems like, from our resident car wash expert, to graphic designers, photographers, construction contractors, accountants and finance and insurance guys. It is awesome to know that if I need help, beyond firearms, there is someone I can turn to. Just look at all the "Need help with...... ____________" topics in the general forum.

On the professional level....

I want to grow my investment advisory and financial planning practice this year. It is totally awesome to be independent, and not have to line the pockets of UBS, or whomever, and be able to provide a win win win solution to clients, my staff and myself.

I am seriously looking into expanding to a space at least twice as big to support the new advisors that are starting with me in the begining of the year. Also, while probably not this year, but expand into tax preparation as well. while i do have a few cpa's i work with, i want to have someone in house as well.

On a personal level...

i want to grow both spiritually, financially, and healt wise. i will go to sleep earlier, and wake up earlier. And add one or two more days a week to the gym schedule. Or one more day at the gym and add in a day of tennis.

2009 was a terrible year, glad to see it go.

For 2010

Hopefully find a career (or atleast a decent job). I have been doing good about hitting the gym recently, so keeping that up would be a big plus.

For fun...get the Chevelle out a bit more, finish my truck I have been working on to Daily Drive, and with any luck start putting money away for the M1 I have been dreaming about for the past 10 years.

I am perfect already, I don't have any goals. :?

Is it a total cliche if I say quit smoking? I know I'm not going to, just seems like I should say it.

Oh, and for the folks wanting to get to the gym more often... If you have any questions about how to get into shape, just ask. I will give you pointers on how to do it. :p:lol::lol::lol::p

my goals include owning a 45 and getting my first rife/shot gun. I also plan on making some investments.

I also plan on being more active in helping groups that fight for our 2nd amendment rights. Like Donating more to the NRA.

Run more, a lot more, maybe a 5k. Workout. Get another job, in the field I'm studying this time. Finish up the associates. I should say spend less, but that's no fun.

I agree with doing more things maks, I'm sure wearing NJGF shirts and empty holsters would make a statement :lol::lol:

Is it a total cliche if I say quit smoking? I know I'm not going to, just seems like I should say it.

Not a bad time to quit with the little one around.

My goals:

Weigh less

Earn more

Exercise more

Complete a few house projects

Eradicated debt

Not a bad time to quit with the little one around.

My goals:

Weigh less

Earn more

Exercise more

Complete a few house projects

Eradicated debt

Everything here except for the smoking thing, since I don't smoke.

And get back into tennis, so I can beat Maksim. I used to be good, but that was 50 pounds ago.

- Lose the weight. I just need to find the right motivation.

- Finish my Associates, and began finishing the rest where ever I transfer.

- Once I get into the proper shape, and if I find the time, I want to hike a portion of the Appalachian.

- Get out to the range more. Done with my AR for the most part (and honestly have enough spares for a second AR!), and maybe pick up a duty-sized pistol... or another AR. But done with my big purchases for now (or I say until I get another AR or pistol or even shotty), just need to refresh what I know, and learn more about what I don't!

Outstanding topic, Troy.

1. I want to pick up some commercial photography work. I've been shooting some horse shows and equestrian stuff, but I want to get back into some food, product, lifestyle and location corporate/industrial photography. I've been away from that for far too long, and I find myself missing that kind of work. I'll be working on my portfolio, fleshing it out with some of that type of work.

2. Get some of my credit cards paid off. I spent a ton of money last year on guns and ammo, and I need to pay that down some before I buy any more toys (guns and photographic).

3. Bring my blood pressure and cholesterol down. As part of that goal, I may have to quit smoking. And exercise.

4. I have a few household projects that need to be started/finished.

sound like healthy terrific goals. But it does surprise me we have so many cancer stick puffers here. =)

I smoked (quickest way to get promoted! :p ) for a couple years when I was in. When I traveled overseas last year and chose not to bring any tobacco, I forced myself to quit for good (hopefully). So, I was able to actually complete that resolution last year.

Yeah, its a bad habit. At least we are not smoking crack, meth or heroin. :teasing-smokingcrack:

One more resolution I have is to get the nitrites to 0 ppm in my fish tank. :evil:

Still?? Jesus, do some water changes and take pics! :lol:

I know, WTF?? Its been a month. I have corals on hold at my LFS. I'm dying to put them in...Looks boring right now, two clowns a coral beauty, a lobster and live rock, boring with no corals. :roll:

Supposedly you are not supposed to do a water change until it is done cycling. It's almost done, another week or so, ammonia is done, nitrates are done, ph is fine, salinity is fine, nitrites are still slightly elevated but on their way down. Those are the last to go.

Pics per your request sir...

IMG_0559.jpg

With LED Moon lights on at night:

IMG_0579-1.jpg

Coral Beauty

IMG_0576.jpg

Percula Clown

IMG_0573.jpg

Red Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

IMG_0567.jpg

Also in the tank but not pictured are my cleanup crew...a bunch of tiny hermit crabs, and some pyramid snails, and two huge (2") mexican zebra snails.

its a bow-front tank, so it is round in the front.

REALLY. I thought William F-ing Tell invented it... :roll:

OK I'll take the bait...

Who is that :?:

EDIT: A google search revealed he is a expert marksman with a cross bow, hence the relation to a fish tank. My sincerest apologies, I certainly did not mean to insult your superior intelligence. ;):lol: