bry@n

Parkway closed because of shooting?

BREAKING NEWS: A State Trooper has just been shot in the head on the Garden State Parkway at exit 98, TLS has learned. The Parkway has been shut down in the area and is swarmed with multiple agencies. Police are looking for a red Izuzu pick-up which has bullet holes in it, with plates LK440B. The Trooper managed to shoot back but the vehicle got away. Stay with TLS as we bring you the latest on this developing story.

UPDATE 9:13 a.m.: The trooper has been pronounced dead. Further details on this breaking news story will be posted as we receive them.

1010 is also reporting that it's a possible suicide:

http://www.1010wins.com/NJ-Trooper-Found-Dead/7479696

New Jersey State Trooper Found Dead on Garden State Parkway Ramp

WALL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP/ 1010 WINS) -- A New Jersey state trooper has been found dead in his patrol car and officers are not looking for any suspects.

Gov. Chris Christie's spokesman Michael Drewniak says the trooper was shot.

State Police Sgt. Stephen Jones says a law enforcement officer came upon the trooper's vehicle on the southbound Garden State Parkway ramp to Route 34 in Wall Township after 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Jones says the circumstances surrounding the death are under investigation. But Jones says officers are not searching for any vehicles or suspects.

The trooper was rushed to Jersey Shore Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Multiple sources tell 1010 WINS the shooting was an apparent suicide.

Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the N.J. Turnpike Authority, said Exit 98 is closed to traffic as police investigate.

The scene is about 4 miles away from where State Trooper Marc. K. Castellano was fatally struck, at exit 31A off of Route 195, on the morning of June 6. He was buried on Saturday.

where did they get the Red Isuzu from? and why Marlboro? It is a good 15 miles from Parkway.

wow.

Crazy how it gets spun out.

your not kidding. I work right down the street and it was chaos. It will be interesting to see what the final story is.

wow, this is the first time im hearing about this, I guess the incidents were so oddly close together, that I thought this topic was of the officer who was killed in the line of duty by getting struck by the car. Crazy...

Condolences to his family. May he Rest In Peace.

More likely a suicide from what I've been reading. Don't know where the Red Isuzu thing came from...

maybe he called it in to try and cover up the suicide ?

Now that is interesting. It had to come form somewhere. I wonder how many casings were found. Maybe he shot into the woods to fire off rounds.

suicide if anyone was unsure or had not heard..

http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_stat ... _ramp.html

no offense to anyone.. but what a selfish scumbag...

He leaves behind his wife and three young children, State Police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Jones said

if you are old.. and had lived your life.. and your family is grown.. out on their own.. and you can no longer maintain the quality of life and you want to go.. that's one thing.. but when you have kids.. and a family.. that is an obligation YOU made for yourself..

now i didnt live his life or experience his problems.. but when you have kids like that.. NO EXCUSE.. get help.. get your shit together..

More likely a suicide from what I've been reading. Don't know where the Red Isuzu thing came from...

maybe he called it in to try and cover up the suicide ?

Now that is interesting. It had to come form somewhere. I wonder how many casings were found. Maybe he shot into the woods to fire off rounds.

The Trooper was found by an Off-duty cop heading home. He called NJSP and reported the trooper being shot. Somewhere around the same time, and from the same general area, there was a 911 call from someone on a cell phone of seeing a red SUV (isuzu trooper) with what looked like bullet holes. The two were unrelated, but at the time, the report of the Trooper's shooting, coupled with that 911 call genereated the BOLO, which was called off as soon as they determined that the gunshot was self-inflicted.

suicide if anyone was unsure or had not heard..

http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_stat ... _ramp.html

no offense to anyone.. but what a selfish scumbag...

He leaves behind his wife and three young children, State Police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Jones said

if you are old.. and had lived your life.. and your family is grown.. out on their own.. and you can no longer maintain the quality of life and you want to go.. that's one thing.. but when you have kids.. and a family.. that is an obligation YOU made for yourself..

now i didnt live his life or experience his problems.. but when you have kids like that.. NO EXCUSE.. get help.. get your **** together..

I gotta agree with you on this one, who knows his mental state, but man, talking about pushing all your problems on everyone else. selfish..

Suicide = Permanent solution to a temporary problem...

The Trooper was found by an Off-duty cop heading home. He called NJSP and reported the trooper being shot. Somewhere around the same time, and from the same general area, there was a 911 call from someone on a cell phone of seeing a red SUV (isuzu trooper) with what looked like bullet holes. The two were unrelated, but at the time, the report of the Trooper's shooting, coupled with that 911 call genereated the BOLO, which was called off as soon as they determined that the gunshot was self-inflicted.

Just when I thought adding some bullet holes to my truck for style would be a good idea ;)

Prayers for the family...... :cry:

That's about how I feel.. Hope they get through all this...

I just heard the parkway is being closed at exit 98 because of a shooting. Don't know anything other than what I heard, figured I would post and see if anybody else knows.

Can't be.. the gun is to locked in the trunk away from the ammo. Come on, everyone in NJ knows that.

Yeah, lets just ban guns so no bad guys can get them!

Do you carry on the Parkway where he shot himself?

They're already banned.

I can carry in 50 states. Only about 34 states legally, but I can carry in 50 states. Haven't been pulled over in a few years, and almost decades before that. Never been searched.

I live close to NJ. If I was a criminal, I would be using proxies to post on the board and cajoling you guys to meet me at diners in NJ. Or maybe a gun show. Since I know nobody is going to carry a gun, especially law abiding citizens such as yourselves. And, since I know you have guns at home, I could force you to go home and give me your stuff. And your wives and daughters.