Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Must have guns?

Obviously, most members here have more than one firearm (and if they don't their working on it). But what is a firearm that everyone should own. It could be anything, pistol, semi auto, rifle, shotgun, revolver.

I'm gonna say a home defense shotgun, one of those should be under everyone's bed.

The gun a person is the most proficient with.

Now that I got the smartass answer out of the way.

Everyone should own a revolver, almost no maintenance, they always fire (for the most part :) ) and they are loads of fun and a great home defense gun

guns are tools.. tools that have distinct functions..

handgun

shotgun

battle rifle

long range rifle

that IMO is the basic need when it comes to firearms.. anything else is just a bonus..

I'd say a pretty potent combo would be....

.38 or larger caliber pistol + belt, holster, mag holder

Bolt action rifle, something around a 30-30 to .300 Win mag.

Pump action 12 gauge, ~18" barrel, preferably with choke tubes or get a 2nd long barrel for clays

Semi automatic carbine. Anything from a 9mm pistol up... shoots lots of bullets magazine fed.

Those 4 weapons should be able to handle just about any situation in North America.

Right now I've got a 9mm Pistol and the M44 bolt carbine. I'm lookin around for the right deal on a 12 gauge... and eventually I'm thinking about getting a Tokarev SVT-40 or maybe a Dragunov for a semi rifle. I know I love 9mm and 7.62x54R for its low cost... so I'll keep buying weapons that use it.

As far as MUST HAVE. Just due to insane low cost and massive BOOM... everyone should buy a Mosin Nagant. The things are so badass and cheap to shoot. Everyone should have some sort of 12 gauge pump shotgun as well. Hopefully nothing crazy happens, but those two weapons bang for the buck really have stand off when shit hits the fan.

I think I would have to say a 12 gauge shotgun. It is perfect for home defense, yet tons of fun on the trap/skeet range. And if you hunt, than it is a NJ approved hunting firearm. It gives you the most bang for the buck as far as flexibility.

I'm gonna say a home defense shotgun, one of those should be under everyone's bed.

Yeah, and put a pistol grip on it and load it with 00 buck magnums! :-)

Um, sure. Why not. I have a welt on my stomach from the pistol grip from your ghetto blaster.