Pew Pew Plates

Whats your typical 25 yard group size?

... In general, what groups do you get at 25 yards standing or rest, any gun, any ammo, any amount of rounds. Just trying to get a handle of how unrealistic I'm being trying to get 2-3" offhand :icon_cry: but I usually get something between 7-8" offhand (S&W 1911 pro, S&W K38, both guns are VERY accurate)

So yeah, post how you do at 25 yards typically

Pics are a plus!

... In general, what groups do you get at 25 yards standing or rest, any gun, any ammo, any amount of rounds. Just trying to get a handle of how unrealistic I'm being trying to get 2-3" offhand :icon_cry: but I usually get something between 7-8" offhand (S&W 1911 pro, S&W K38, both guns are VERY accurate)

So yeah, post how you do at 25 yards typically

Pics are a plus!

It really depends more on barrel length for me than ammo type since I don't hand load. Offhand It depends on how long I take to aim between shots and how much coffee I had before shooting. I don't shoot from a sandbag so I can't help you there. :icon_lol: Generally I don't shoot past 20 yards indoors since I can't see that far with the lighting at the BH.

My 7" S&W22A puts a nice group together. post-1277-062241600 1284516367_thumb.jpg

My Glock 22 with Wolf conversion barrel is amazingly accurate. post-1277-001879400 1284516386_thumb.jpg

If I'm shooting my subcompact XD or Walther P22 I bring the target in closer so I don't embarrass myself.

The Glock and S&W were from 10-15 yards indoors.

Sigman's .45 was good to me and gave me a good 5 shot group minus the one I dropped off. I don't have a picture but it was sweet. B)

Where's Totalabuse? I think he's one of the best handgun shots we've got. He was hitting potatoes at 25yards consistantly with a 1911. With standard 3 dot sights!

At 25 yards standing, as long as my hits are where I was aiming, I'm happy.

Sandbags... whole nuther ball game but since I dont carry around sand bags I really dont have any interest shooting that way. The only time I do it is when Im trying to prove out the accuracy of a firearm, not my shooting ability.

Yeah Shane, I think that is the point. I just shoot off of bags to test ammo and the gun. Only really do it once for load developement. Usually at

the same time I chrono. Any other fire is off hand. And BTW I only bag at 20yds. Two guns that I have done in the past year are GLOCK 34 4 inches

off bags at 20 yds. and STI .45 a clover leaf at 20 yds. Off hand slow fire it varies day to day.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at 25 yards with a handgun. I overthink every shot and probably end up with 5-8" spreads at the end of the day. I'll still hit a human-sized target every time but it can be frustrating. That's what the AR is for!!

Mostly when I'm at the range I try to work on combat accuracy. Can I hit the target, every time, fast, without thinking about it?

Where's Totalabuse? I think he's one of the best handgun shots we've got. He was hitting potatoes at 25yards consistantly with a 1911. With standard 3 dot sights!

At 25 yards standing, as long as my hits are where I was aiming, I'm happy.

Thank you Ray that's quite a compliment, but that was the 50 yard line.

WEAVER!!! PizzaBob, My image of you is shattered!!! :icon_lol:

Don't tell me you're an Isosceles guy?!?!? I take back my "Will you be my new best friend?" comment in the Long Range Rifle thread :icon_mrgreen:

If i am minute of berm at 25 yards i feel good.

IMHO, so take this for what you paid for it.... shooting a combat handgun at 25yards is like cougar hunting at an old age home. Sure you might hit something, but it aint gonna be tight.

If i am minute of berm at 25 yards i feel good.

IMHO, so take this for what you paid for it.... shooting a combat handgun at 25yards is like cougar hunting at an old age home. Sure you might hit something, but it aint gonna be tight.

well said :icon_lol:

I was shooting my 1858 Black Powder Revolver, .44, 8" barrel, at 25 yards a few weeks ago. I was getting a 6 inch grouping (standing, two hands). My group seemed a about 2 inches left then normal. I then moved to 75 yards and was about a foot the the left. I decided to pull out my .357 to determine see how a different gun would do. Using a Taurus .357 with 5.5" barrel I was putting 2 out of 6 shots in the 12 inch circle at 75 yards. The grouping was pretty even around the target. I concluded that the first revolver I used mush have had the front sight slightly off.

I also have a .44 Walker with a 9" barrel. I have been want to see how that does at 150 feet... I just have not had the time, because I have to factor in clean up time on Black Powder guns. The Walker has these same muzzle energy as a .357.

Lets wrap some parameters around this. I plan on shooting a group on my next trip just to see where Im at. 5 shots at 25 sound reasonable for group?

Yeah, 5 shots sounds good for a grouping. However, I wouldn't make it your first 5 shots, nor would I your last.