silentheaven

ahoy from paramus, nj

Hi, Welcome.

As he said above...Indoor BulletHole, outdoor Cherry Ridge.

I work in Maywood and pass Cherry Ridge on my way home...it's not that far. 35-40 minutes once you get on 4w or 208n and that's during rush.

You should get out and shoot with some of the guys so you have some idea of what guns you'd like to buy once you get your Purchaser ID and Pistol permits.

I will probably check out the bullet hole since its next to where I work. Do you need a permit to be able to go and shoot?

No, but most gun stores want to see your purchaser ID or Pistol permits before you can handle any guns.

If you come to a gathering, you can handle quite a few guns. Please advise who you meet as to your experience level with guns. If you're brand new to it, you'll get the core basics. Without fail, if you hand a gun to a new person, their finger goes onto the trigger and they will have pointed it at you within 30 seconds. Maybe not your head or chest, but your arms and legs, etc.

It would be nice to go to a gathering. I do need to try a few more handguns before i decide which one i would like to purchase. so far i have fired the sig p226 and the glock 22, both in 9mm. I absolutely loved the p226 but really hated the glock. I am hoping to go to a range with my dad to try his beretta.

It would be nice to go to a gathering. I do need to try a few more handguns before i decide which one i would like to purchase. so far i have fired the sig p226 and the glock 22, both in 9mm. I absolutely loved the p226 but really hated the glock. I am hoping to go to a range with my dad to try his beretta.

There's a big meetup happening this Saturday at Ft Dix. At least 30 of us are planning to be there. If you want to sample a wide assortment of guns, there'll be no better opportunity than this.

The relevant thread is here.

There's a big meetup happening this Saturday at Ft Dix. At least 30 of us are planning to be there. If you want to sample a wide assortment of guns, there'll be no better opportunity than this.

The relevant thread is here.

I would love to go to this, but i work saturdays till 4-5pm. x.x

One of the guys who tried my Beretta Px4 Storm at the Bullet Hole loved it so much he got one of his own :)

Yeah, and you tried mine so that's like a three-peet!

Oh yeah, welcome aboard homie.