Take your pick. :icon_e_smile:

If I had to choose one, I would go with my Ka-Bar Kukri. Attaches to my B.O.B nicely, and came super sharp and sturdy. Ive chopped wood with this thing and have had for a while, Its just as sharp as the day I got it. I Would definitely recommend it. Excellent blade for the money.

Picture014-2.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

Guest schutzen-jager

+1 to the Kukhri

NEVER bring a knife to a gun fight -

And this under my bed because after all "There can be only one"

UC2592.jpg

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: This is the next thing we need to tackle. You teaching me how to get better shooting @ USPSA matches has taken a lot of turns. Maybe with this...I'll learn quicker. No mike's and no shoot to worry about. :icon_lol:

This thread reminds me of something that happened in basic training (Ft Dix, 1967). Drill Corporal Kelly told us that if our bayonet was stuck in the enemy to fire a round to help pull it out. I asked "what am I using my bayonet for if I still had ammo". I did a lot of pushups.

• Like 4

Bad enough, why? Are you questioning my Ka-Bar's ability to take care of business? I think not!

No, definitely not questioning your Ka-Bar's ability to TCB! I was just poking a bit of good-natured fun at you, as I visualized the array of handguns, shotguns, and knives on your nightstand. I'm probably just feeling a little inadequate, thinking about my lonely (for now) Glock 23 sitting by my bed.

Hey, would that Ka-Bar be a good choice as a utility blade, in the unlikely case of a survival scenario?

You forgot rule #one- keep your mouth shut!

Yes but I mad up for it. I broke 2 M14 stocks on the bayonet course. They liked to see you going full power. I also won the company pugil stick competition which took about 5 seconds from my 15 minutes of fame.

Ka-Bar Utility/Fighting Knife: In WW2, the Marine Corps requested a fixed blade, single edged knife that could be used for both utility and fighting purposes. The blade had to be thick enough to be used for prying and hammering w/out bending or breaking. The clip point blade was chosen as for its strong tip that had just enough "belly" to be useful for skinning game if needed. There's a reason that it has served continuously since the early 1940's. You can cut, chop, pry, hammer, dig, wedge, skin and wedge it into a cliffside crack and stand on it and it'll keep coming back for more. I have several Ka-Bars that served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. My own personal Ka-Bar is my go to knife for yard work,walking in the woods and is right next to my browning Hi-Power as backup. You can't go wrong w/ a Ka-Bar.

• Like 1