Sign in to follow this  
ronhonda

Tactical rifle

Ha, my first question would've been, "how much does that thing weigh?" Between the three different sights, two different bi-pods, the oversized light, and running a Redi-Mag (with possibly 60 rounds)... :icon_e_surprised:... definitely becomes of a bludgeoning device than a rifle :icon_lol:

H-Bar Check

Bi-Pod Check

Magnified Optic on top Check

Red dot on an offset mount Check

weighing a 1/2 ton Check

Looks like a competition gun... not a fighting gun. Definitely not my speed. Although a lot of people are into that ****.

Ha, that's pure win-- right up there with the Chainsaw Bayonet :icon_e_biggrin::icon_razz::icon_lol: (of course I'm being facetious):

chainsaw-bayonet.jpg

Obviously its not a serious ploy, as is the super optics rifle linked (and the super lights/accessories rifle pic that is floating around as well).

That guy in the vid though seems quite serious about his setup-- and while I think I would have to know his intended use, he does seem far more mall ninja (if he competes with it, then different story-- if its his "battle" rifle, he's just missing the ninja mask).

Hold on, where's my sling-shot/tazer/pepper spray/flip-knife/tactical light guy? These two should meet up!

Found him:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

When he started pulling it back.. I was waiting for him to lose grip.. have the handle snap back towards him and have the knives stuck in his eyes....

I love how he justifies the holographic for fast target acquisition yet he mounts it in a place where you need to angle the gun sideways and change your grip to use it :icon_lol:

Nothing wrong with that. Most 3 gun shooters have it mounted on a 45. Although I have yet to see Scope, Dot and Irons. Irons and Dot will do the same function for the most part.

Nothing wrong with that. Most 3 gun shooters have it mounted on a 45. Although I have yet to see Scope, Dot and Irons. Irons and Dot will do the same function for the most part.

There are 5 divisions in 3gun shooting; Open, Limited, Tactical, Heavy Metal Limited, and Heavy Metal Tactical.

In Open, you can run multiple optics on your rifle (primary optic for medium-long range distances and dot for close) and an optic on your pistol and shotgun. Also you can use speedloaders or a box mag(saiga) for your shotgun.

limited you can use 1 optic on your rifle, and must use iron sights for pistol and shotgun. Here a angled mounted iron sight is used on a course of fire where the targets are real close. I can tell you from experience that this works. Here is an example courtesy of voodoodaddy's rifle http://my.pogoplug.com/share/u1aXFB4xoWRu0sIsdFeIRQ/GP8i6oTjwQ4EysR7Sc8BxwK1Qew/PICT0098.JPG

Tactical, again only 1 optic.

Heavy Metal Limited, no optics allowed.

Heavy Metal Tactical, 1 optic allowed.

Here is a link to USPSA's multigun rules, starting on page 14 is where you will find the rules regarding equipment.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010MGRULESV3.pdf

Carl needs to step away from the CTD catalog and take some classes instead of relying on technology so much. I'd love to make him lug that thru a two to five day class. The more I shoot, the simpler my AR becomes. I'm down to a Surefire, a Ace Skeleton stock and iron sights and am very happy. 0 to 200 yards without taking too much time to aim is all you need. Unless you are shooting varmints or Haji in the desert, I don't plan on using a 223 for anything beyond that...that why we have 308's. I bet I could sell him an Octo-rail because it is twice as good as a quad. He needs to take his med's.

post-2139-046959100 1288962161_thumb.jpg

I think this guy also built the sniper rifle, it has a bayonet for close encounters, a bushmaster acr on the bottom for close to medium range engagements, a bipod which he figured out how to lower, and most importantly it has two grenade launchers on top, one for the enemy and one for yourself incase you rather not surrender.

This guy is just plain silly. In an actual armed confrontation, he'd be put down by the guy with an AK and iron sights before he figured out which optic to look through.

After owning an M1A with a heavy Troy stock and toys hanging off it like Christmas ornaments, I'm very happy to have downsized to my KAC with an Aimpoint and a Surefire light. NO MORE WEIGHT.

Wasn't the WHOLE POINT of 5.56 to make the rifle lighter?