matt6669

I DID IT, I DID!

Sat in tree.... bored, cold....

deer stumbles by..... you shoot...... somehow..... you hit it.

deer dead or suffering....

end of story....

Naw, you have to go over to it, slit it up the middle with your knife and pull all the guts out, attempting to keep the gut sack in one piece.

Then, you hoist the front legs over your shoulders, like you're giving it a piggy back ride...you rest the deer's head on your head and carry it back to the car.

Well she's home, skinned and cut up already, man this was fun.

So I went hunting this morning and shared a tree stand with a co-workers father who actually got me permission to hunt on the property.

We get all set in by about 7am and by about 8am we have this 6-point buck walk across our view about 200 yards out. He spots it right away but for the life of me I couldn't find it. Finally I find it in my sights except he's behind a bunch of trees ohh well, squeeze the trigger and the thing jets outta there. Big fat ole miss and I was pretty upset at myself for that one.

We see quite a few in the later morning but all too far to take a shot or in too much heavy cover so we can't take shots.

He leaves about 12:30 to go home b/c he has somewhere to go.

I'm sitting here surfing this fine website for about 10 minutes when I look up and there are two does eating stuff off the ground at about 100 yards out. Throw my phone down, pick up my gun, they hear me and turn towards me. Ok not a good shot, now they turn away from me im like NOOOO I'm going to lose it. Finally she turns and puts her whole side to me, squeeze the trigger and BAM. Didn't even take one step, just fell to the ground. Turns out I shot it a little high and actually took out its entire backbone / spline.

Boy that was a lot of fun, going out again for hopefully another one, this sport is quite addicting.

Heres the pictures

firstdeer2.jpg

firstdeer1.jpg

Thanks guys!!

Frank, my father and his buddy said the same thing. They were able to "neck it" i guess that means they were able to harvest the meat from the neck as well, they said that usually doesn't happen on does.

It was really heavy to, hoping my father weighs it after he gets everything chopped up into pieces

M

Congrats, deer hunting may get for you just as addictive as this forum. One of my friends got his first deer last year with his dad's old shotgun, this year he's buying new tree stands and looking at getting a new shotgun for his future hunting exploits.